Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37
  1. #21
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Scouting report on Vikings: Even with Favre, Peterson is focal point

    [size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]Packers Keys to Beating the Vikings Monday Night[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

    http://www.nflgridirongab.com/2009/0...-monday-night/
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #22
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Scouting report on Vikings: Even with Favre, Peterson is focal point

    [size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]Moving The Chains Can Control Dome Crowd [/size] [/size] [/size] [/size] [/size]

    http://www.packers.com/news/stories/2009/09/30/2/
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #23
    pack93z's Avatar
    pack93z is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,465

    Re: Scouting report on Vikings: Even with Favre, Peterson is focal point

    The Niners stayed in the game because they didn't let Peterson slice them up, your not going to stop him, but you have to somewhat contain him.

    Logic dictates that Peterson is the priority and you take your chances with Favre and this receiving corp beating you. There is a definite imbalance of talent when comparing Peterson to his passing attack.

    If Favre is handling the blitz and pressure like he did last week, we will be in trouble, but I think we have a better chance of victory on a fast surface by containing All Day. Easier said than done.. we shall see.

  4. #24
    BleedinPandG is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    969

    Re: Scouting report on Vikings: Even with Favre, Peterson is focal point

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]Packers Keys to Beating the Vikings Monday Night[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

    http://www.nflgridirongab.com/2009/0...-monday-night/
    So let me get this right... he says the Pack need AaRod to have a big game... and Grant... their kicker has to make a few 50+ yard FGs, punter must put it inside the 10, they need to win the turn over battle (including returning 1 to the house), the field position battle, time of possession, and 1st downs...
    if they do those things they "can" win...

    Well shucks... DUH!
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

  5. #25
    BleedinPandG is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    969

    Re: Scouting report on Vikings: Even with Favre, Peterson is focal point

    "pack93z" wrote:
    The Niners stayed in the game because they didn't let Peterson slice them up, your not going to stop him, but you have to somewhat contain him.

    Logic dictates that Peterson is the priority and you take your chances with Favre and this receiving corp beating you. There is a definite imbalance of talent when comparing Peterson to his passing attack.

    If Favre is handling the blitz and pressure like he did last week, we will be in trouble, but I think we have a better chance of victory on a fast surface by containing All Day. Easier said than done.. we shall see.
    The 9ers stayed in the game because of the fluck play on a FG kick to end the half.
    Had the Vikes taken that 9 point lead into the half they'd have received a healthy dose of AD in the 2nd half.
    He was getting his yards.
    Unlike the last time they played, he was generally getting to or past the LOS prior to contact so he was rarely losing yards.
    The Vikes were also continuing to serve notice that they aren't afraid to let Favre throw if you're going to completely sell out against AD.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

  6. #26
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Scouting report on Vikings: Even with Favre, Peterson is focal point

    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    The Niners stayed in the game because they didn't let Peterson slice them up, your not going to stop him, but you have to somewhat contain him.

    Logic dictates that Peterson is the priority and you take your chances with Favre and this receiving corp beating you. There is a definite imbalance of talent when comparing Peterson to his passing attack.

    If Favre is handling the blitz and pressure like he did last week, we will be in trouble, but I think we have a better chance of victory on a fast surface by containing All Day. Easier said than done.. we shall see.
    [size=10pt]The 9ers stayed in the game because of the fluck play on a FG kick to end the half. [/size]
    Had the Vikes taken that 9 point lead into the half they'd have received a healthy dose of AD in the 2nd half.
    He was getting his yards.
    Unlike the last time they played, he was generally getting to or past the LOS prior to contact so he was rarely losing yards.
    The Vikes were also continuing to serve notice that they aren't afraid to let Favre throw if you're going to completely sell out against AD.
    I hope it was a fluke, however, I kindof believe they, like most teams, watch tape, saw a tendency and exploited it.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  7. #27
    pack93z's Avatar
    pack93z is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,465

    Re: Scouting report on Vikings: Even with Favre, Peterson is focal point

    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    The 9ers stayed in the game because of the fluck play on a FG kick to end the half.
    Had the Vikes taken that 9 point lead into the half they'd have received a healthy dose of AD in the 2nd half.
    He was getting his yards.
    Unlike the last time they played, he was generally getting to or past the LOS prior to contact so he was rarely losing yards.
    The Vikes were also continuing to serve notice that they aren't afraid to let Favre throw if you're going to completely sell out against AD.
    So it only a fluke that our inside of the FG protection got beat and it was returned for a TD?

    Hmmm, thought there were three distinct phases to a football game; offense, defense and special teams.

  8. #28
    BleedinPandG is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    969

    Re: Scouting report on Vikings: Even with Favre, Peterson is focal point

    "pack93z" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    The 9ers stayed in the game because of the fluck play on a FG kick to end the half.
    Had the Vikes taken that 9 point lead into the half they'd have received a healthy dose of AD in the 2nd half.
    He was getting his yards.
    Unlike the last time they played, he was generally getting to or past the LOS prior to contact so he was rarely losing yards.
    The Vikes were also continuing to serve notice that they aren't afraid to let Favre throw if you're going to completely sell out against AD.
    So it only a fluke that our inside of the FG protection got beat and it was returned for a TD?

    Hmmm, thought there were three distinct phases to a football game; offense, defense and special teams.
    Missing FGs happens... regularly... returning punts or kick offs for TDs happens... regularly....

    Blocking FGs and returning them for TDs happens about twice a year?
    About as often as defender tips the ball up in the air so a WR can catch it and scamper 70+ yards for a go ahead TD.
    Yeah, I call it a flukey play.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

  9. #29
    Ranger's Avatar
    Ranger is offline Coach
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,060

    Re: Scouting report on Vikings: Even with Favre, Peterson is focal point

    "gagarr" wrote:
    Fair assessment.

    I'm just wondering what the Pack's defense will do.
    They haven't been able to stop the run, even against far weaker runners in Jackson and Benson.
    Their blitzing hasn't given returns in sacks or hurries, even against weak OL's.
    Outside pass coverage is always good with Woodson and Harris, but who's going to be on Harvin and Shiancoe, when GB has to drop 8 in the box to stop AD?

    Overall D is pretty weak.
    If they can give up 17pts to the Rams, they can surely give the Vikes 30+.


    GB offense.
    Points... they need to score to win

    Rushing is out, even against the Rams, Grant had 3.8yd avg, when the Rams rush D avg 4.5.
    So I imagine GB will give up on the run early.

    So it will be up to Rodgers, who seems to end up on his back alot, leading the NFL with 12 sacks for 92yds.
    That's 7.6yds a sack!
    Heck, Rodgers might be the Vikes 2nd best rusher!

    Interestingly enough the Vikes pass D is currently ranked 4th!
    I will enjoy seeing if the Vikes deserve it.

    Going by the stats, GB has looked pretty weak.
    So I think their hope is, like the Bears, the Vikes self destruct, because the only reason the Pack won that game is the 4 INT's, a horrible ST play, and Urlacher getting hurt.

    All that goes out the window when they play us.
    Just like how the Lions always make us sweat, even when they're the worst team in league history...it's the nature of the division.
    The Packers are going to make us sweat bullets.

  10. #30
    pack93z's Avatar
    pack93z is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,465

    Re: Scouting report on Vikings: Even with Favre, Peterson is focal point

    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    Missing FGs happens... regularly... returning punts or kick offs for TDs happens... regularly....

    Blocking FGs and returning them for TDs happens about twice a year?
    About as often as defender tips the ball up in the air so a WR can catch it and scamper 70+ yards for a go ahead TD.
    Yeah, I call it a flukey play.
    Ahhh.. thinking a moment longer, maybe some lingering memories of Antonio Cromartie scampering down the sidelines on another FG attempt.


Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Scouting Report: Greg Blue
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-07-2008, 09:28 AM
  2. Sports Illustrateds Scouting Report: Mineesota Vikings
    By thevikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-30-2007, 02:21 PM
  3. ESPN Scouting Report out - don't draft this guy, he's dead.
    By Zeus in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 04-26-2007, 10:40 AM
  4. Lions vs Vikings scouting report
    By TARKenton in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-04-2005, 06:22 PM
  5. ESPN Insider - NO @ MIN Scouting Report
    By josdin00 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-21-2005, 06:49 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •