Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 37
  1. #11
    gagarr's Avatar
    gagarr is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,411

    Re: Scouting report on Vikings: Even with Favre, Peterson is focal point

    Fair assessment.

    I'm just wondering what the Pack's defense will do.
    They haven't been able to stop the run, even against far weaker runners in Jackson and Benson.
    Their blitzing hasn't given returns in sacks or hurries, even against weak OL's.
    Outside pass coverage is always good with Woodson and Harris, but who's going to be on Harvin and Shiancoe, when GB has to drop 8 in the box to stop AD?

    Overall D is pretty weak.
    If they can give up 17pts to the Rams, they can surely give the Vikes 30+.


    GB offense.
    Points... they need to score to win

    Rushing is out, even against the Rams, Grant had 3.8yd avg, when the Rams rush D avg 4.5.
    So I imagine GB will give up on the run early.

    So it will be up to Rodgers, who seems to end up on his back alot, leading the NFL with 12 sacks for 92yds.
    That's 7.6yds a sack!
    Heck, Rodgers might be the Vikes 2nd best rusher!

    Interestingly enough the Vikes pass D is currently ranked 4th!
    I will enjoy seeing if the Vikes deserve it.

    Going by the stats, GB has looked pretty weak.
    So I think their hope is, like the Bears, the Vikes self destruct, because the only reason the Pack won that game is the 4 INT's, a horrible ST play, and Urlacher getting hurt.

    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

  2. #12
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Scouting report on Vikings: Even with Favre, Peterson is focal point

    "gagarr" wrote:
    Fair assessment.

    I'm just wondering what the Pack's defense will do.
    They haven't been able to stop the run, even against far weaker runners in Jackson and Benson.
    Their blitzing hasn't given returns in sacks or hurries, even against weak OL's.
    Outside pass coverage is always good with Woodson and Harris, but who's going to be on Harvin and Shiancoe, when GB has to drop 8 in the box to stop AD?

    Overall D is pretty weak.
    If they can give up 17pts to the Rams, they can surely give the Vikes 30+.


    GB offense.
    Points... they need to score to win

    Rushing is out, even against the Rams, Grant had 3.8yd avg, when the Rams rush D avg 4.5.
    So I imagine GB will give up on the run early.

    So it will be up to Rodgers, who seems to end up on his back alot, leading the NFL with 12 sacks for 92yds.
    That's 7.6yds a sack!
    Heck, Rodgers might be the Vikes 2nd best rusher!

    Interestingly enough the Vikes pass D is currently ranked 4th!
    I will enjoy seeing if the Vikes deserve it.

    Going by the stats, GB has looked pretty weak.
    So I think their hope is, like the Bears, the Vikes self destruct, because the only reason the Pack won that game is the 4 INT's, a horrible ST play, and Urlacher getting hurt.

    Our pass D is ranked 4th, however make sure you factor in the QBs we were facing:

    1. Quinn
    2. Stafford
    3. Hill

    Pretty much bottom 5 talent right there.
    I think we will see ourselves slip from that #4 spot as early as our next game.

  3. #13
    BleedinPandG is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    969

    Re: Scouting report on Vikings: Even with Favre, Peterson is focal point

    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    Our pass D is ranked 4th, however make sure you factor in the QBs we were facing:

    1. Quinn
    2. Stafford
    3. Hill

    Pretty much bottom 5 talent right there.
    I think we will see ourselves slip from that #4 spot as early as our next game.
    Hmmm, not sure I'd agree bottom 5 talent... especially when you look at the big play talent of the first 2 teams.
    The only reason GB was even competitive against the Vikings last year was due to a few big plays.
    That seems to be something we've more or less eliminated thus far this year.
    The Browns and Lions both have guys that can get to the end zone on any play much like the Packers wideouts.
    I don't believe the Packers can consistently drive the length of the field against our D, especially at the Dome.
    If our safeties play a good game, we should win this one going away.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

  4. #14
    bad93ex's Avatar
    bad93ex is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    82

    Re: Scouting report on Vikings: Even with Favre, Peterson is focal point

    Woodson and Harris are not the same lockdown CB's of year's past as has been shown when they get torched by athletic WR's which we have in BB and Harvin.
    I am looking forward to see if the Pack can handle our WR's and then watch them try to handle Calvin Johson.

  5. #15
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Scouting report on Vikings: Even with Favre, Peterson is focal point

    [size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]Will Grant Be The Streak Stopper?
    [/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

    http://blog.vikings.com/2009/09/30/w...treak-stopper/
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #16
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Scouting report on Vikings: Even with Favre, Peterson is focal point

    [size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]Aaron Rodgers vs. Brett Favre[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

    http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/20...vs-brett-favre
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  7. #17
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,180

    Re: Scouting report on Vikings: Even with Favre, Peterson is focal point

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]Aaron Rodgers vs. Brett Favre[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

    http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/20...vs-brett-favre
    Interesting. I thought Rodgers would have better stats than that. HA!

  8. #18
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Scouting report on Vikings: Even with Favre, Peterson is focal point

    [size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]Monday night's Vikings-Packers game is must-see TV[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]


    http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_...nclick_check=1
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  9. #19
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Scouting report on Vikings: Even with Favre, Peterson is focal point

    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    Fair assessment.

    I'm just wondering what the Pack's defense will do.
    They haven't been able to stop the run, even against far weaker runners in Jackson and Benson.
    Their blitzing hasn't given returns in sacks or hurries, even against weak OL's.
    Outside pass coverage is always good with Woodson and Harris, but who's going to be on Harvin and Shiancoe, when GB has to drop 8 in the box to stop AD?

    Overall D is pretty weak.
    If they can give up 17pts to the Rams, they can surely give the Vikes 30+.


    GB offense.
    Points... they need to score to win

    Rushing is out, even against the Rams, Grant had 3.8yd avg, when the Rams rush D avg 4.5.
    So I imagine GB will give up on the run early.

    So it will be up to Rodgers, who seems to end up on his back alot, leading the NFL with 12 sacks for 92yds.
    That's 7.6yds a sack!
    Heck, Rodgers might be the Vikes 2nd best rusher!

    Interestingly enough the Vikes pass D is currently ranked 4th!
    I will enjoy seeing if the Vikes deserve it.

    Going by the stats, GB has looked pretty weak.
    So I think their hope is, like the Bears, the Vikes self destruct, because the only reason the Pack won that game is the 4 INT's, a horrible ST play, and Urlacher getting hurt.

    Our pass D is ranked 4th, however make sure you factor in the QBs we were facing:

    1. Quinn
    2. Stafford
    3. Hill

    Pretty much bottom 5 talent right there.
    I think we will see ourselves slip from that #4 spot as early as our next game.
    I disagree.
    Quinn is a disappointment and Stafford is a rookie.
    But Shaun Hill is not a bottom-feeder.

    http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com..._QB_stats.html

    SAN FRANCISCO:
    Veteran quarterback SHAUN HILL will make his 11th career start and first on Kickoff Weekend.
    Last year with the 49ers, Hill started eight games and posted career-highs in attempts (288), completions (181), passing yards (2,046) and touchdown passes (13).
    He led San Francisco to wins in five of his eight starts, including a 4-1 record over the final five games of the season.
    Hill has seen action in 12 games over the past two seasons with the 49ers and has posted a passer rating of at least 90.0 in eight of those contests.
    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  10. #20
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Scouting report on Vikings: Even with Favre, Peterson is focal point

    [size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]It can't be worse[/size][/size][/size][/size]

    http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/63010312.html
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Scouting Report: Greg Blue
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-07-2008, 09:28 AM
  2. Sports Illustrateds Scouting Report: Mineesota Vikings
    By thevikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-30-2007, 02:21 PM
  3. ESPN Scouting Report out - don't draft this guy, he's dead.
    By Zeus in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 04-26-2007, 10:40 AM
  4. Lions vs Vikings scouting report
    By TARKenton in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-04-2005, 06:22 PM
  5. ESPN Insider - NO @ MIN Scouting Report
    By josdin00 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-21-2005, 06:49 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •