Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Pat Williams will get owned as usual...

i have a hard time swallowing the title of this thread. P-Will hasn't been getting owned at all this season and for the most part in his career. for the game though, yah you guys have a good running game but we have been clamping down on that lately in this winning streak. it should be a great game, i see both teams very similar in a lot of aspects.

for the thread title though :roll:

Thanks Josdin

"FresnoSteel" wrote:
    News Flash to FresnoSteel! The Steelers were 15-1 last season and not only lost in the AFC Championship game, but got BLOWN OUT at home! Not to mention they nearly lost to the Jets before that in the 2nd round.

Can one of the mods change this guys nickname to PP.O Hypocrite?
    I don't see how you can call me a hypocrite. Are you sure you know the true meaning of the word? You guys had control of the game, it was in your hands, all you needed was field goal to avoid a loss and take it into overtime(I think). On our side, we just got outplayed and outmanned. Ugh, it was a painful loss for us, believe me.
    Wrong. We were up by 7 points and Anderson missed a field goal that would of put us up by 2 scores. The Falcons got the ball after the miss and scored a TD and sent the game to OT.

The reason I called you a hypocrite was because you were being condescending to us about our loss after being 15-1 and having the #1 seed in the playoffs. I then refreshed your memory about the Steelers doing the exact same thing in the AFC last year except the fact they got blown out, as well as barely beating the Jets.
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

CynicalVike is offline Starter

Hey Fresno, welcome, glad to see you found our site.

Its late, and I just got home from work , so I didn't read all the posts so far, but one thing about Willie Parker and the Bears. The Bears have no speed at OLB and the Vikings do. Could make a big difference in the running game. Another thing, which I'm guessing others here have probably mentioned..... Ted Cottrell! He is very familiar with your team and their tendencies on offense as well as their blocking schemes. Thats a diffenite advantage for us, as well as Pat Williams and Sam Cowart having played you guys more than a couple times.

I'm not going to deny that this game scares me, as I'm sure it scares your team also since you are coming to the dome. It should be a great game with a huge bearing on the rest of the season for both teams.

Just remember one thing though, over the last 4 weeks, the Vikings defense has been alot tougher on their opponents than the Bears have been, so don't get over confident because you beat the Bears. They are nothing more than average. They just haven't played quality team for some time until they played you guys.
    I used to be indecisive, now I m not so sure!

smootloot is offline Starter

and for anybodys notice the fact that we havent allowed a 100 yard rusher since week four.
    steven jackson 67 yards. 936 yards this year.
    rueben droughns 73 yards. 1103 yards this season.
    samkan gado 7 yards. 537 yards in 7 games so really a thousand yard rusher.
    tiki barber 95 yards. 1357 yards on the season.
    deshawn foster/steven davis 91 yards rushing. deshaun 571. steven 549. nother 1000 yard back.
    ahman green 49 yards. injured for the rest of the year. 255 yards on the season.
    thomas jones 89 yards. 1077 yards on the season.
    detroit had 64 yards from pinner and in the other week had a high of 17 by harrington.
    we have not only shutdown some of the best rushing attacks since week for we have changed their gameplan.
    not only that we have given up only 9 rushing tds since week 4. thats only one a game. thats impressive. if you want to run the ball go ahead but you will only get about 100 yards and one td. roethlesberger isnt going to make up the difference against this vikings secondary.
    "Ron Mexico is here."

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

also from what i know at the dome we have only given up 12 touchdowns at the dome...the D plays great there...and ben better watch out im rdy for another darren sharper return if ben isnt careful...lets see what happens...damn the dome was rocking last week against the rams...hey if anyone gonna be there im me or reach me on yahoo at regimemaster

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

nice stats smootloot. your right. we have stopped the run on our streak and there is no reason for it to stop on sunday.

news flash: this is not going to be a shootout. the two defensives are too good and the two offensives arent good enough. this is a game where the men come to play and we get to see who is made of what. real character is made and broken in games like this. both teams must bring A game to win.
    We're bringing purple back.

CynicalVike is offline Starter

The key for the Vikings to win this game will be to stop the run and force Big Ben to pass at least 20 times. The more he passes, the worse that team does.
    I used to be indecisive, now I m not so sure!

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

"FresnoSteel" wrote:
    The two All-Pros I am referring to are OG Alan Faneca and FB Dan Kreider who are the main reason for our success against the Bears' #1 RATED DEFENSE! Do your Vikings have the cajones to stop our run game, considering you do not even closely resemble a good defense? Do your homework before you post next time.
    No, the main reason for your success against the Bears was the snow and the bad field conditions. The Bears defense is predicated on speed. Their defensive linemen are smaller faster guys that blow past the larger slower offensive linemen. That's where they get their QB pressure that leads to turnovers. Their linebackers, at least Urlacher, are also fast guys that use their speed to keep contain on the run game, forcing opposing teams into throwing situations. On Sunday, they didn't have the footing needed to use their speed, and were therefore able to be handled by the steelers slower player, who weren't as affected by the snow.

C-PepNSalt is offline Pro-Bowler

Pat Willams does not get owned...
    Secondly do we have Kluwe coming back for sundays game...surely would be nice!!!???!
    "Johnson, we will keep on beating them until morale improves."

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

If bye owned you mean you completely shutting down the buss and Big G*y Ben, then yes he will be owned.

My step dad is a steelers fan...hes from pitt...he has a terrible towl...

I think imma burn it.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast