Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Pat Williams will get owned as usual...

The only team in your state that will beat a Minnesota team was Penn State! GO VIKES!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Deronn is offline Starter

"Wiggles67" wrote:
    "SteelGlory" wrote:
    Yes, a real good lesson in how to expose the fraud that is the Vikings six game win streak.
    wow that is just a monumental post!? not only doesnt it reference anything but he has absolutely no facts or statements worth a crap! Maybe next post you could try having some content. thanks!
    :lol: And now we're all dumber for having read it 3 , er make that 4 times, Right!
    :lol:

FresnoSteel is offline Training Camp

And our offense is better then yours
    Head to Head comparison:

Offense:

Vikings: 290 ypg 18.9 pts per game.
    Steelers: 314 ypg 22.7 pts per game.

Defense:

Vikings: 329 ypg allowed 22 ppg allowed
    Steelers 297 ypg allowed 18 ppg allowed

Source: ESPN Stats 2005 through 13 games

By no means imaginable is your team better, offensively OR defensively.

smootloot is offline Starter

when i think about the matchup i go to the pitts. bengals games. the bengals and vikings are the top two defenses when it comes to interceptions. when the bengals were able to stop the run they won and got three interceptions. when they didnt they lost. the vikings have a better front seven then the bengals do. thier offense isnt as good as the bengals so it will equal out. i think that we can stop the run. i believe that the giants know how good the vikings are when they were beaten at home. i believe this the team that blew the game against seattle so they are arguablly one of the best teams in league. so the six game win streak isnt a fluke. pat williams wont get owned. i believe your o line wont be able to hear with the sound a rockin in the homer domer. roethlisberger is still hurt and that will lead to mistakes and your only passing threat in hines will be shut down by a superior winfield. and if you think that hines can block winfield you better check again. winfield is one of the best tackling corners in the business.
    "Ron Mexico is here."

smootloot is offline Starter

special teams is always forgotten. i believe we have a better player named k rob that will take one to the "Hizzy."
    "Ron Mexico is here."

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

in our last 6 games, we've obviously done something right, considering we're in the top 5 of some of the major catagories defensively and have put up enough points to win offensivley. and in almost every defensive case, better than the bears. our offense hasnt been as potent or as explosive as it used to be, but it gets the job done. so to say that the big picture is all that counts is great to dumb our numbers down, but on the other hand....

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

"SteelGlory" wrote:
    Yes, a real good lesson in how to expose the fraud that is the Vikings six game win streak.
    make sure you get back on this board sunday at 4pm Eastern time buddy.

Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

Well, unannounced to you.. the WHOLE VIKINGS were actaully replaced with real players after the 2-5 record.. and the new vikings taht the steelers will be playing are 6-0... but they are wearing the same jersey as the 2-5 team.. so that makes them 8-5..

sure using whole year stats is great, but those include a shakey offense, unfamilar defense, and a team w/o an identity..

using the vikes beginning of the year stats is about as relevent as using stats from 15 years ago.. it doesnt matter caus they're different teams..

but hey, whatever makes you steeler fans sleep at night.
    the numbers dont lie, they just dont tell the whole truth
    i m better than you, so just give up...

SteelGlory is offline Training Camp

"Wiggles67" wrote:
    "SteelGlory" wrote:
    wow that is just a monumental post!? not only doesnt it reference anything but he has absolutely no facts or statements worth a crap! Maybe next post you could try having some content. thanks!
    Some content:

In the Vikings six game winning streak they have faced the Packers, the Browns, the Giants, the Rams and the Lions twice. There is something to brag about.

The Steelers went through a tough streak and yes, even lost to Baltimore but remember that was without their starting QB and it's a division rivalry they always play eachother tough.

I don't thnk that Hartings will have any trouble taking Fat Pat out of the game. Their O-line has been called out and while there will be crowd noise to contend with, I don't think that dude dressed as a viking bolwing that stupid horn will force 5 false start penalties.

Brad Johnson will have his work cut out for him the Steelers DB's are much better than those the Vikes have faced in the last six games. Ike Taylor shut down Chad Johnson twice this year and aside from one play in Indy he did a great job on Harrison too.

Townsend may not play but that'll mean McFadden will get some PT and if thats the case, Johnson better get the anvils off his ankles and move or he'll get killed.

The Vikings LB's are weak and they better watch out for Heath Miller, especially in the red zone.

I think that the streak ends this week but maybe they can start a new one on Christmass.

Skyliner is offline Rookie

Fact: the Viks have not allowed a running back to rush for over 100 yards since week 4. Willy Parker Has only 3 games over 100 yards rushing---- week 1, week 2, and week 7.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast