PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

The Panthers showed me what a classy team they are

:roll:

This team was one of the biggest jokes I have ever seen on a field. My Dad and Brother are both Panthers fans and both say that they have "great class" and are "hard to hate". There is only one person on that team who has any class whatsoever and that is Jake Delhomme.

Steve Smith made me sick. I recall one play where he was 4 yards short of the first down yet he still celebrated and spiked the ball. Not to mention the fact that he pretended he was paddling in a boat. Steve Smith is now one of my least favorite players in the NFL. Don't get me wrong. He is very good and he destroyed our defense but you would expect someone who has just come back from a season ending injury to be a tad bit humble.

Chris Gamble... we all know what he did. That was one of the most uncalled for, illegal hits I have ever seen in my days of watching football. He clearly aimed for his leg and had no intention of even tackling daunte, because he was already tackled. I have no idea how that wasn't called and I truly hope that he gets fined a LOT of money.

Thirdly... fans. I would expect Panthers fans of all people to know what it is like to lose. I had to take so much shit at school today that it wasn't even funny. I just kept telling them "Karma, Karma. It will come back to bite you in the @ss". None of them listened (of course) and kept talking shit about how great of a hit Chris Gamble made. Apparently some people seem to think that a torn ACL is hilarious. I, on the other hand, don't.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

BlowuptheDome is offline Training Camp

Re: The Panthers showed me what a classy team they are

who cares if they are a little cocky. as people say "nice guys finish last"

xvikingfan is offline Rookie

Steve Smith's Antics

I don't hear EVERY espn loser and every so called sports writer demanding that he be traded for being a distraction.They think he's the greatest thing since sliced bread.What's next for Stevie boy,a fake moon in the end zone.Amazing what one taleneted reciever can do for a team.Sure wish we had ours back.

Del Rio Guest

From what I understand Fred Smoot was jawing with him all pregame, talking massive ammounts of garbage.

Apparently his mouth was writing checks that his ass couldn't cash. I think what you saw from Smith was more directed at Smoot then at the team. I honestly think we deserved the taunts. Especially if there were players on the team provoking the other team.

I found the hit to be unfortunate I don't personally consider it cheap.

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Steve Smith's Antics

"xvikingfan" wrote:
    I don't hear EVERY espn loser and every so called sports writer demanding that he be traded for being a distraction.They think he's the greatest thing since sliced bread.What's next for Stevie boy,a fake moon in the end zone.Amazing what one taleneted reciever can do for a team.Sure wish we had ours back.

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

I agree with you 100% about the hit.

However in the REAL world of the NFL it's a dirty business. The sport is a game of pain. It's what makes watching the sport exciting knowing a guy is tired mentally, physically and still able to preform. He knows that next play could be his last.

You know that why looking at Favre's playing streak is amazing.

Look at it from the purity of the game Pep but himself in that postion he should have slide. There are MORE rules to protect QB and Kickers then ANY other position. He gambled and lost. We lost as well. I'm not saying the hit was fair or justifying the hit. What I'm saying is the NFL is in the business of hurt. The players will tell you it stands for "NOT FOR LONG." This is why all the people crying about players holding out. PEP's accident is why they HOLD OUT!

I do agree the hit showed no CLASS. But in the real NFL players hurt other players and slap hands and stand over their victim. Not pretty but this happens. It's the business of PAIN and Punishment!

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

CHris Gamble is the worlds largest duesh. I hate him more then farve.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    CHris Gamble is the worlds largest duesh. I hate him more then farve.
    Ouch!

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

there is nothing funny about blowing up your knee and being out for the season. i havent amde fun of any of those packers with knee problems because that is just sick and gross to do. you would never wish that type of injury on anyone.
    We're bringing purple back.