Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Open Letter to the Gap part III

Ok, so it's not actually TO The Gap...it's more about him.

A few weeks back - after the Eagles had beaten us and Philly went on to beat Atlanta - Gap posted a couple of "Sorry" threads. I, and several others, took exception to what was said, and comments were tossed in retaliation for perceived slights.

In retrospect, I may have gone a bit too far.

Ok, I went way overboard.

In my second "Open Letter", I went after Gap like Red *The only thing better than sex with a goat is sex with TWO goats* McCombs goes after a nickle on the sidewalk. I basically blasted him from stem to stern.

At the time, I was angered by the comments made, and especially took exception to the timing of those comments.

What I DIDN'T know at that time was that Gap got banned.

Basically, I left a huge steaming pile all over him that he had no way to respond to. That's not a good thing.

Yesterday, I received a very LONG email from The Gap. Mostly about that same post. While I don't agree with everything he wrote in it, the manner in which he wrote it, and the fact that he bothered to take the time to put that much effort into the response, impressed me. Enough so that I am comming forward to apologize.

Yes, Gap, I am sorry for taking my response to extremes. I can see now - with disatnce to the situation - that perhaps your intent wasn't as bad as I originally took it to be. I now believe that I have misjudged you, and am offering this public apology - in the same format as my public execution - as a way to show that I have developed a new respect for you as a person, and I would value your continued presence here.

I still don't agree with everything you posted in the "Sorry" threads, but I can't deny your passion for your team is as intense as mine is for the Vikings...and I HAVE to respect that.

So, hopefully we can put that sorry episode behind us and move on. I think a few rounds at the local pub while watching the Vikings beat the Eagles (yeah, yeah, alright...maybe the Eagles will win...but I'M writing this, and in MY post the Vikings win) and hoisting a few beers as we salute our teams accomplishments would be rather enjoyable. Or, better still, we could be in the stands doing so (I would, of course, use you as a battery shield :P ).

Either way, again, I apologize for taking things as far as I did. Where we go from here...time will tell.

Caine

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Your eloquence is only surpassed by your enduring devotion to the team with the GREATEST fans in the world!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

The Gap is offline Starter

What can I say….. TOTAL CLASS
    How am I suppose to diss this?
    Well your still a Viking Fan ; )
    Oh and your idea so you’re buying!

No Body Read Below This Line
    -----------------------------------------
    T H A N K S

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

ahhhhhhhhh man,
    just when i thought that we were going to ride the gap like a rented mule all off season like he wanted to do if the iggles won the SB! J/K(he is only one sticking around)
    i as well ah......uh uh...(clears throat)....you know,ummmm
    well i apologize as well. i dont think i attacked you too bad, but maybe you dont think so. so i as well.
    (virtual beer)

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"The Gap" wrote:
    What can I say….. TOTAL CLASS
    How am I suppose to diss this?
    Well your still a Viking Fan ; )
    Oh and your idea so you’re buying!

No Body Read Below This Line
    -----------------------------------------
    T H A N K S
    "Bartender, bring a round every 5 minutes until we pass out...then bring one every 10 minutes".

:drunken:

Caine