Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Open letter to "The Gap"

Dear gapped one,

It was so nice reading your response in the "It's me again" thread (Now locked). I'm glad you finally got around to replying.

I'm sorry that you didn't find my counter-points "compelling", but then - if we're being candid - I really didn't expect you to. You would likely no more give me credit for validating points than I would you...except that I would if I agreed with them....oh, damn, another paradox!!!!!

As for your late question, "Yes, I will absolutely be watching the game". What kind of "knowledgable" fan would I be if all I did was talk smack then skipped the game? I'd be the Purple Pride equivelent of Don King (Minus the hair)...not a goal I aspire to.

I sincerely hope that your boys give you fans a great game...I even more fervently hope that it is in an Eagles losing effort. I'm sure you can understand the reasons for that sentiment. Either way, in about 1 1/2 hours we'll start to unravel the truth of our various positions.

After the game, there are a few things you might want to keep in mind.

If YOU win: I, and the rest of the "Faithful" will be here to congratulate you and the Eagles. Likely we will do so while displaying our middle finger to the monitor screen, but we will be here.

If WE win, we sincerely hope that you and yours will return to reciprocate. If you read the posts the Packer fans made after their loss, you will find that most of us are pretty forgiving of smack talk if the talker owns up after defeat. We're not a bad bunch, really...don't hate us 'cuz we're beautiful.

Either way, let's bury the hatchet (In Joe Bucks head if I had MY way) and enjoy the game. I'll be hoisting a few alcoholic beverages while enjoying another Viking game this season...here's to ya.

Caine

Open letter to "The Gap"

if the iggles lose, he is worthy of the largest portion of crow that we can offer.

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Open letter to "The Gap"

"ADubya26" wrote:
    if the iggles lose, he is worthy of the largest portion of crow that we can offer.
    Unfortunately, such is not the case.

Break out the hot sauce...we got some crow to eat.

Caine

PhxFan is offline Pro-Bowler

Open letter to "The Gap"

"Caine" wrote:
    "ADubya26" wrote:
    Unfortunately, such is not the case.

Break out the hot sauce...we got some crow to eat.

Caine

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Open letter to "The Gap"

"Caine" wrote:
    Dear gapped one,

It was so nice reading your response in the "It's me again" thread (Now locked). I'm glad you finally got around to replying.

I'm sorry that you didn't find my counter-points "compelling", but then - if we're being candid - I really didn't expect you to. You would likely no more give me credit for validating points than I would you...except that I would if I agreed with them....oh, gol 'darnit, another paradox!!!!!

As for your late question, "Yes, I will absolutely be watching the game". What kind of "knowledgable" fan would I be if all I did was talk smack then skipped the game? I'd be the Purple Pride equivelent of Don King (Minus the hair)...not a goal I aspire to.

I sincerely hope that your boys give you fans a great game...I even more fervently hope that it is in an Eagles losing effort. I'm sure you can understand the reasons for that sentiment. Either way, in about 1 1/2 hours we'll start to unravel the truth of our various positions.

After the game, there are a few things you might want to keep in mind.

If YOU win: I, and the rest of the "Faithful" will be here to congratulate you and the Eagles. Likely we will do so while displaying our middle finger to the monitor screen, but we will be here.
    If WE win, we sincerely hope that you and yours will return to reciprocate. If you read the posts the Packer fans made after their loss, you will find that most of us are pretty forgiving of smack talk if the talker owns up after defeat. We're not a bad bunch, really...don't hate us 'cuz we're beautiful.

Either way, let's bury the hatchet (In Joe Bucks head if I had MY way) and enjoy the game. I'll be hoisting a few alcoholic beverages while enjoying another Viking game this season...here's to ya.

Caine
    One of the funniest things that you have ever said on this site (and you have said some pretty funny things)...LOL!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Open letter to "The Gap"

Caine, well said! Hey webby: give this guy a shot at writing a weekly article for the sight! He is goor, really good!

The Gap is offline Starter

Open letter to "The Gap"

My only comment on the victory and the only prediction that had any validity was there was some rust. Minny’s finest should be glad because what would it have been like had we played mistake free?
    That said I have to say to Caine "too bad we didn’t hook up earlier we could have had a good time trading blows." Since I believe my counter points to your points were for the most part correct I’ll claim victory but keep in mind I’m prejudiced. I do give you credit you do I nice job with the pen and the purple hoard should be proud of you. The Vikes may have lost but you can consider yourself a winner. Give him a hand Viking crowd perhaps he should be your King!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Open letter to "The Gap"

"The Gap" wrote:
    My only comment on the victory and the only prediction that had any validity was there was some rust. Minny’s finest should be glad because what would it have been like had we played mistake free?
    That said I have to say to Caine "too bad we didn’t hook up earlier we could have had a good time trading blows." Since I believe my counter points to your points were for the most part correct I’ll claim victory but keep in mind I’m prejudiced. I do give you credit you do I nice job with the pen and the purple hoard should be proud of you. The Vikes may have lost but you can consider yourself a winner. Give him a hand Viking crowd perhaps he should be your King!
    The bigger question is what would it have been like if WE would have played mistake free...we will never know the answers to either of those questions because the game cannot be replayed. At any rate, the Iggles were the better team today...maybe next time, it will be the other way around! Have fun with the Falcons fans...one of their fans is a sporadic poster here, daredevil25...if you see any of his posts, mention that you were here!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE