Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Prophet Guest

Re: Official John Madden says "brett favre" count

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Actually I was surprised at how little Madden fawned over him tonight. I expected much worse!
    That's because Favre stood him up, lovers quarrel.

PhxFan is offline Pro-Bowler

Don't know the total, but it was pathetic...maybe PPO can send ABC a letter that there was another team on the field...that actually made some good plays :evil4:

righteousbabe is offline Waterboy

Maybe we should cut him a little slack this week. He did compliment the Vikes 4 times...that's gotta be some kind of record.

Did anyone catch when he said that one of Brett's passes was "bad"? That's gotta be a first. :!:
    "Brett Favre threw that ball 95 miles an hour."
    - John Madden, November 21, 2005

In regards to the previous post about Madden petering out at the end of the game. Please keep in mind his age and that he should have retired years ago.

Madden made a reference to the Packers being in Milwaukee, tried to teleprompt the football on the screen but missed by 20 yards, and made many non-sensical statements. For example: "Is that sourkraut?" Do you think so John? It's Wisconsin, MNF shows pictures of beer, brats, cheese, and sourkraut.

And MNF wonders why the ratings decline each year and they have to move to cable?

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

"WaywardHoosier" wrote:
    In regards to the previous post about Madden petering out at the end of the game. Please keep in mind his age and that he should have retired years ago.

Madden made a reference to the Packers being in Milwaukee, tried to teleprompt the football on the screen but missed by 20 yards, and made many non-sensical statements. For example: "Is that sourkraut?" Do you think so John? It's Wisconsin, MNF shows pictures of beer, brats, cheese, and sourkraut.

And MNF wonders why the ratings decline each year and they have to move to cable?
    His comment about Milwaukee was that the Packers in the past played 2 home games a year at County Stadium in Milwaukee and they stopped that about 5-6 years ago. However, they do have what they call Milwaukee season ticket games 2 per year for those who live in Milwaukee and used to have season tickets while they played in Milwaukee. So that is why he talked about Milwaukee.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

Thank you for the correction. I was aware of the Milwaukee games. We used to pass on going to them from the Chicagoland area because the Packers were so bad it wasn't worth the trip.

I was not aware of the two game season ticket package.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

last monday night John Madden Invented a word on Live TV. The word was "Quickler" yes my friends he said quickler..."You see the LB needs to get over there quickler"

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

I dont watch MNF except when the Vikes are playing. To be honest, I would prefer not to play on MNF .... just the Madden factor and Michaels consistently having to cover for him. They have no "juice" what-so-ever and annoy the hell out of me. Madden should have retired when Summerall did.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123