Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    I kindof had high hopes that with the addition of young Cook (the dumb ass) and the shift away from a big 0 tech NT/DT, we might be seeing a shift away from the C2 by the Vikes.

All they really need to add next year is another CB of Cooks caliber, shift Griff to the inside and we would be pretty close.

Now Cook goes and does his dumb thing, we might be two CB's away and after the way the DL folded late yesterday (especially against the run) I still would like to see a big Warpig in the middle.
    You can't have him until I get my left tackle and a better guard.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    You can't have him until I get my left tackle and a better guard.
    LOL. No way.....

JK, even you would have to admit that our OL looked better yesterday even though nothing really changed. He had plenty of time in the pocket. Nice holes were there for AD etc etc etc. In short, I keep telling you guys/gals that its not the OL but the QB behind it. Another week of watching Ponder and you will finally start to come my way.

Every week, but the Cards game, our DL has folded late in games and has provided very little pressure up the middle when it comes to QB's. I for one am tired of watching QB's step up and away from our edge rushers, into a very clean pocket and then scramble around all day long waiting for a WR to find a hole in our zone (Happened 8 times yesterday).

Order of draft goes.......

Best Available DT
    Best Available WR
    Best Available CB
    Best Available G (Hutch really showed his age 3 times yesterday)

Use all your late round picks to move up and get those cats.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ConnecticutViking is offline Pro-Bowler
    Short article on why the Tampa Two is a defense that is doomed to fail...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ver-in-the-nfl

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Shut down CB's contest throws. C2 CB's let the catch happen and then tackle.
    But for gods sake do they need to spot them a 5 every time? And are you saying every C2 team lets WR's catch the ball without even trying to break up the pass? That is ludicrous. They can and should certainly have tighter coverage than what our guys are capable of giving and anyone defending that is just accepting failure.

As I said in the post game thread, our CB's sure were playing soft yesterday. That I put on Pagac/Leslie. What happened to the agressiveness we say late last year and in the first halfs of a few games early this year?
    Yesterday? Have you watched a game this season my friend? We consistently give more cushion than Jlo's ass. And your whole defense in the past about not giving up the big play has been blown out of the water by the team giving up big ones on a pretty regular basis.

C2 is one thing, but they sure looked like they were playing prevent for the most part of the game yesterday that and our LB'rs went back to showing blitz way to early again. As soon as Rodgers saw the blitz he just threw to the zone vacated by the blitzer.
    They had to blitz and bring pressure because the Packers QB and WR's are way too good to let exploit our crater sized zones. I wonder if there is a secondary in the league that has a slower collective time than ours. My guess is not any of the top 25 teams.

Blog Entries
    I disagree.....
    Shocker.....

C2 - There are still teams running the C2 as their base defense and a few more that are in the process of cutting over/making the transition back to it this year. Not sure anyone still runs the T2 as their base anymore.
    Just because other teams are doing it doesn't make it right for us and it doesn't make it the right defense period. Maybe the transition to c2 by these teams is the reason there have been so many TD's and 400 yard passing games this year.

WCO - Lots of teams still run the WCO as their base offense.
    Not my point. My point was that the traditional Walsh WCO has transitioned and even under him it transitioned which makes sense since he drew it up to be flexible and adapt to the personnel on the team.

I think your confusion
    Sorry my friend, there is no confusion here. Only an attempt by you to bullshit a bullshitter and that dog don't hunt. Cliche over.

stems from the possibility that you believe that there was only one WCO when in fact there were originally 3 base WCO schemes which teams borrow/steal from in a effort to bring a variant to their team that fits their players.
    I know my football history just fine my friend thank you. The rest of your sentence just validates everything I said and everything you thought I was confused about. If you would have read what I wrote you could have saved quite a few key strokes and just agreed with me.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    LOL. No way.....

JK, even you would have to admit that our OL looked better yesterday even though nothing really changed. He had plenty of time in the pocket. Nice holes were there for AD etc etc etc. In short, I keep telling you guys/gals that its not the OL but the QB behind it. Another week of watching Ponder and you will finally start to come my way.

Every week, but the Cards game, our DL has folded late in games and has provided very little pressure up the middle when it comes to QB's. I for one am tired of watching QB's step up and away from our edge rushers, into a very clean pocket and then scramble around all day long waiting for a WR to find a hole in our zone (Happened 8 times yesterday).

Order of draft goes.......

Best Available DT
    Best Available WR
    Best Available CB
    Best Available G (Hutch really showed his age 3 times yesterday)

Use all your late round picks to move up and get those cats.
    If you are staying with the cover 2 you better get a stud middle linebacker.
    Using picks to move up is a recipe for a team with a lack of depth.
    Better to use all your picks and choose players wisely or move back sometimes to gain more picks. We are rebuilding.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    Using picks to move up is a recipe for a team with a lack of depth.
    Better to use all your picks and choose players wisely or move back sometimes to gain more picks. We are rebuilding.
    Very wise post there Smegma. We have traded away too many picks in the past 5 years already and that has left us with a team that does have a handful of premier players but an overall roster that has too little depth to be competitive.

We need to keep every pick. Choose wisely with each one, and look to add picks by trading some of the older guys whenever we can get the right terms.

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    Isn't the C 2 defense designed to stop big plays and opposing defenses from taking the top off our defense ..... how's that working out for us ??? We either have the wrong players or defensive coordinators around the league have figured this system out and it has run it's course.... I for one am sick of our results.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Still blows, and if we don't intercept Luck at least once and he picks us apart, this thread better see more action. What do they say about turnovers in the NFL? And what doesn't this scheme generate? I think that says it all.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Yeah I've had it with this scheme. 30th game in a row our D got picked apart by the opposing QB. It doesn't matter how bad the QB is, they always look good against us. I'm not saying Luck is bad, but he looked like crap vs the Bears last week and we made him look like Manning the very next week.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12