Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

The *Official* Cover 2 defense sucks thread.

If I am going to be subjected to the goddam huge zone, slack coverage, who-forgot -to-pick-up-the-wr-when-he-left-the-zone shit I am going to blow a damn gasket.

Would it be too much to ask to at least contest a throw once in a while?

Thoughts?

Blog Entries
    OOPs.

Put me in the "Poster needs to pay attention to the forum he is posting in" column and move this to the VFF.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    If I am going to be subjected to the goddam huge zone, slack coverage, who-forgot -to-pick-up-the-wr-when-he-left-the-zone shit I am going to blow a damn gasket.

Thoughts?

Apparently yes. In a high flying league the tampa 2 is doomed to fail.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    I started a thread like this a couple years ago. Don't like cover two. Doesn't work for us. Never really has for us. Why are we still trying to play it. Get some &*@#$ corners and man up.

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    Well, we don't really run the "official" C2 since we don't have all of the personnel, but it still sucks.
    Maybe worse because of that.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries
    To play Cover 2, you need guys who can actually make a tackle..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Blog Entries
    There really isn't an official c2 any more than there is an official WCO as they all get tweaked and modified over time. But IMHO going to a defense that employs zone coverage and then get guys so slow that the Packers could drive a semi right through the middle untouched and you get a recipe for disaster. You still need fast players and you need smart players that understand their assignments. We don't have players that have either the speed or the mental smarts to run the T2/C2.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Thoughts?
    Shut down CB's contest throws. C2 CB's let the catch happen and then tackle.

As I said in the post game thread, our CB's sure were playing soft yesterday. That I put on Pagac/Leslie. What happened to the agressiveness we say late last year and in the first halfs of a few games early this year?

C2 is one thing, but they sure looked like they were playing prevent for the most part of the game yesterday that and our LB'rs went back to showing blitz way to early again. As soon as Rodgers saw the blitz he just threw to the zone vacated by the blitzer.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by battleaxe4cheese View Post
    Apparently yes. In a high flying league the tampa 2 is doomed to fail.
    I kindof had high hopes that with the addition of young Cook (the dumb ass) and the shift away from a big 0 tech NT/DT, we might be seeing a shift away from the C2 by the Vikes.

All they really need to add next year is another CB of Cooks caliber, shift Griff to the inside and we would be pretty close.

Now Cook goes and does his dumb thing, we might be two CB's away and after the way the DL folded late yesterday (especially against the run) I still would like to see a big Warpig in the middle.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

There really isn't an official c2 any more than there is an official WCO as they all get tweaked and modified over time. But IMHO going to a defense that employs zone coverage and then get guys so slow that the Packers could drive a semi right through the middle untouched and you get a recipe for disaster. You still need fast players and you need smart players that understand their assignments. We don't have players that have either the speed or the mental smarts to run the T2/C2.
    I disagree.....

C2 - There are still teams running the C2 as their base defense and a few more that are in the process of cutting over/making the transition back to it this year. Not sure anyone still runs the T2 as their base anymore.

WCO - Lots of teams still run the WCO as their base offense. I think your confusion stems from the possibility that you believe that there was only one WCO when in fact there were originally 3 base WCO schemes which teams borrow/steal from in a effort to bring a variant to their team that fits their players.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast