Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Next challenge for Bears' defense: Vikings' Peterson

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=243085&src=148

[size=14pt]Next challenge for Bears' defense: Vikings' Peterson[/size]
    By Bob LeGere | Daily Herald Columnist
    Published: 10/16/2008 12:06 AM

Wednesday was almost a year ago to the day when, as a rookie, Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson played his first game at Soldier Field.

It was pretty memorable - for him.

For the Bears, it was forgettable as Peterson rushed for 224 yards, more than any player has ever gained on the ground against a Bears team.

"That's dead and gone," said Bears defensive lineman Israel Idonije of that 34-31 Vikings victory in which Peterson scored on runs of 73, 67 and 35 yards.

"This is a new Sunday, a new game. That's what we're focused on and playing our defense, this year, and making plays and stopping them, this year."

Bears defenders don't have to replay last year's horror film to know how important it is to prevent a repeat performance by Peterson on Sunday.

"That's something I really don't even want to watch," cornerback Corey Graham said. "He had a big game, (but) we're just going to move forward and look at what they're doing this year and just try to attack them and do what we do."
    =Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Re: Next challenge for Bears' defense: Vikings' Peterson

"Zeus" wrote:

The Bears' defense committed to stopping Atlanta running back Michael Turner on Sunday and did so, but it came at the expense of getting gouged for 301 passing yards by rookie quarterback Matt Ryan. They will nevertheless have the same mind-set this week.

The depleted Bears defensive secondary is vulnerable and the D's front 4 have been tepid-n-cold with little pressure up the middle. The Vikes should be able to score some points and if they can reduce their mistakes, like that bad coughing from last week, a victory is quite possible. Furthermore, this week will be JA's break-out game unless the Bears chip more than Tiger Woods which I doubt they'll do until the second half and 3 JA sacks later.

The Vikes seem to be gaining some momentum and da Bears are alternating between hitting the gas and brakes.
    The team that realizes the importance of this game as a turning point will have the advantage and ultimately the team that loses will likely be looking at a high draft pick next year.
    "There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle. ~ Albert Einstein

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Physio-Impossibility70" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:

The Bears' defense committed to stopping Atlanta running back Michael Turner on Sunday and did so, but it came at the expense of getting gouged for 301 passing yards by rookie quarterback Matt Ryan. They will nevertheless have the same mind-set this week.

The depleted Bears defensive secondary is vulnerable and the D's front 4 have been tepid-n-cold with little pressure up the middle. The Vikes should be able to score some points and if they can reduce their mistakes, like that bad coughing from last week, a victory is quite possible. Furthermore, this week will be JA's break-out game unless the Bears chip more than Tiger Woods which I doubt they'll do until the second half and 3 JA sacks later.

The Vikes seem to be gaining some momentum and da Bears are alternating between hitting the gas and brakes.
    The team that realizes the importance of this game as a turning point will have the advantage and ultimately the team that loses will likely be looking at a high draft pick next year.

if by gaining momentum, you mean getting more and more terrible calls for us, then yes, you are correct.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Physio-Impossibility70" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:

if by gaining momentum, you mean getting more and more terrible calls for us, then yes, you are correct.
    Technically, the facemask in NO was a "non-call".

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

Has the Purple run dry?

Really?

Seriously?!?

I can think of ONLY 1 reply to that statement:

Thanks for the PSA in GB Mr. Moss.
    ;D
    "There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle. ~ Albert Einstein

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach

I think AD is due for big game .... I think it will be this week ... sucks to be the Bears ......

I'm so excited. I can actually watch this game since it's nationally televised. Let's go Vikes.
    WE CAN BUILD ON THIS!!!

In AP I trust

"farvathevikinglover" wrote:
    I'm so excited. I can actually watch this game since it's nationally televised. Let's go Vikes.
    Oh man I remember those horrible days before I bought NFL Sunday ticket....It does make you super excited for the nationally televised games.