Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: The newest Viking: Javon Walker...

"bono" wrote:
    As I sit at my desk at work, WAITING for this final NBA playoff game (Mavericks at Suns) to get done w/, a strange thought came to my mind: what if -since the Packers don't appear to be in a position to yield to Walker's financial demands -the Vikings give him an open invitation to sign with them? Would that be cool with you viking lovers? Think the vikings would have the kind of loot Walker's in search of? Would he be a nice fit for the Viking offense? A polished Randy Moss?
    I wouldn't be suprise if the Pakers j-walk (allowing Walker to set sail), and the Vikings go after him...Sharper's already over there. It would make for an even greater rivalry. Sadly, of course, I'll have no other choice but to cheer for the Walker Vikings. (I can't see myself EVER hatin' this guy). Packers will just have to go 14-2, eh?
    Would you take Kelly Campbell for him?

Walker had one good season so far and against bad D's, and if that makes him polished Moss must be a damned diamond ring along with TO, HArrison, and Holt. I would not want him he is by far the most arrogant and cocky WR in the league no matter what the score he thinks it is appropriate to dance after each one. He is a certified JACKASS!!!
    [img:81319149fb]http://img104.exs.cx/img104/1055/wiultmossfan4ax.gif[/img:81319149fb]

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

We really don't need him. With Robinson, Taylor, and Williamson all fighting for the #2 spot and I think Williamson and taylor are deserving of it and Robinson isn't bad, there just isn't room for another starting WR on our roster. I really would have liked us to pick a good #5 guy in the draft (Chris Murphy over Dustin Fox) to replace Kelly Campbell and keep pushing Robinson for more playing time, but that didn't happen. Any one of our top-4 WRs are too good to be a #5 so adding Walker isn't really a good move, even if we did want him, which we don't.

Cap Space isn't something we are going to have to worry about for a while. We have 9.8 million dollars in cap room (third highest ammount) remaining. But most of that is front loaded money meant to waste cap space this and leave us a lot of money to spend again next year. It'll probably take around 3 and a half million dollars to sign our rookies, so we're looking at over 6 million dollars to spend after June first or in a trade.

Remember that the majority of the money we spent this off-season equals the ammount of money we gained by trading Randy Moss. We've saved plenty of cap space for next with unreachable bonuses (like the ones that would have given Brian Russel 7.3 million dollars last year instead of the 300,000 dollars he got, or the 750,000 bonus for Daunte if he plays on 90% of the special teams plays.

I'm still holding out hope that we sign a new WILL linebacker though. There are some decent ones out there still and maybe a few more after June 1st.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

"bono" wrote:
    As I sit at my desk at work, WAITING for this final NBA playoff game (Mavericks at Suns) to get done w/, a strange thought came to my mind: what if -since the Packers don't appear to be in a position to yield to Walker's financial demands -the Vikings give him an open invitation to sign with them? Would that be cool with you viking lovers? Think the vikings would have the kind of loot Walker's in search of? Would he be a nice fit for the Viking offense? A polished Randy Moss?
    I wouldn't be suprise if the Pakers j-walk (allowing Walker to set sail), and the Vikings go after him...Sharper's already over there. It would make for an even greater rivalry. Sadly, of course, I'll have no other choice but to cheer for the Walker Vikings. (I can't see myself EVER hatin' this guy). Packers will just have to go 14-2, eh?
    walker is over rated and he really sucks
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

Keep dreaming man. LOL
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

One pro bowl season and he's a ploished Randy Moss? He doesn't deserve a new contract from any team....he's as good as a Derrick Mason...which doesn't say too much. And for the Packers going 14-2....a more realistic prediction would be closer to 2-14. Oh and Bono sucks...the dude from U2 and Steve Bono, both are goofballs, and U2's music is horrid junk that would make a def guy cry!

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

It would be tough to have another packer on our team, it's still killing me that we have a washed up Darren Sharper! Walker is a good talent, but he is not in the same league as Moss. I wouldn't mind having him, but I would be worried about him wanting a better contract after every year!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Walker is a good WR with Brett Favre throwing to him. Let's see how good he is with a Kyle Boller throwing him the rock.

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

we dont need another reciever, we already have enough depth their.

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"ejmat" wrote:
    Walker is a good WR with Brett Favre throwing to him. Let's see how good he is with a Kyle Boller throwing him the rock.

And it took him THIS long too actually be good! Nah, bono, you can keep him.

I hope that they give him every penny he's asking for, suck up that cap room on a above average player, ha.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast