Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PolarGrizz is offline Training Camp

New Prediction for Game

Green Bay @ Minnesota (-3)

He might be full of beer and Vicodin, but there still seems to be some active muscle tissue left in Favre's right arm for a little magic. Last week, Favre's 32-yard laser beam to the back of the end zone with two seconds left found Greg Lewis, giving the Vikings a 27-24 win over the visiting 49ers. Minnesota is 3-0 and leading the NFC North, with the Packers coming to town.

"Just when you think it's Over, He drags you back in," says Brad Childress, "Brent seems to always something unexpected to keep things lively. How many times has he done that in his career? To be honest a feeling of immediate dread came over me after that miraculous play.

I seriously began worrying that Favre might decide to go out while on top and retire right here on the spot."

"But let's be truthful. Moments like these are exactly the reason we brought Favre here. It surely wasn't for his flawless mechanics, or fluid delivery. Hey, this is Minnesota. If you're looking for 'fluid delivery,' you need to give former Viking, Ontario Smith a call and borrow his 'Whizzinator.'"

The man who replaced Favre in Green Bay, Aaron Rodgers, is looking forward to going mano a mano with Favre and the Vikings.

"This game's not as personal for me as it is for Brett," says Rodgers. "I can't speak for the rest of the team, but the Defense seems to be excited about the game, so much so that they're taking up a collection of cash to 'take Brett out.' I'm not positive, but I think the restaurant is called 'Cranial Bounty.'"

As the game starts, Favre's memories as a Packer wash over him in an emotional tsunami, and as the "Butterflies" get the best of him, his first pass finds a wide open Donald Driver on the sideline. Favre then settles down, and he and Rodgers duel into the night.

At games end, with 1:49 to go, Rodgers leads the Pack on the game-winning drive, He deliberately downs the ball three times inside his own 30 and the Packers punt the ball back to Minnesota, thus allowing Charles Woodson to intercept Favre for a pick six to nail down the win.

And who says the Aaron Rodgers can't lead a last second, game winning comeback? thumbright

Green Bay wins, 31-27.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: New Prediction for Game

I really like Sterling Sharpe's prediction.
    We sack Rodgers and AD runs away with it.

Jackson last week 127 yards.

AR sacked 12 times this season with an injured line.

Need we say more!

My revised score:
    Vikings 24

GB 17

dfosterf is offline Coach

This is why I love the grizz.

No matter what I say or do here.

See Grizz, I do dig your poopy-stirring,

I have no control over others, or you, but at least I habla how you roll...

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

As the game starts, Favre's memories as a Packer wash over him in an emotional tsunami, and as the "Butterflies" get the best of him, his first pass finds a wide open Donald Driver on the sideline. Favre then settles down, and he and Rodgers duel into the night.

At games end, with 1:49 to go, Rodgers leads the Pack on the game-winning drive, He deliberately downs the ball three times inside his own 30 and the Packers punt the ball back to Minnesota, thus allowing Charles Woodson to intercept Favre for a pick six to nail down the win.

And who says the Aaron Rodgers can't lead a last second, game winning comeback?
    LMAO! ;D

Well, that would certainly be a game for the ages!
    And to the delight of some here, Childress would be canned for calling a passing play inside the final 2 minutes of a game when we are up by 3...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Or...

Rodgers has nobody that can block the Fantastic 4 on the Vikings defensive line and Rodgers can't finish the game. In a twist of irony Flynn (Is that the backup? Forgive me if I got it wrong.) takes a few lumps for the team and ends up throwing more TD's to Vikings that Brett does, ruining Bretts revenge and forcing him to stay healthy until at least the rematch in the cabbage patch (Lamblow).

duvaldomo is offline Coach

"NodakPaul" wrote:

And who says the Aaron Rodgers can't lead a last second, game winning comeback?
    LMAO! ;D

Well, that would certainly be a game for the ages!
    And to the delight of some here, Childress would be canned for calling a passing play inside the final 2 minutes of a game when we are up by 3...
    exactly especially with the best running back and arguably the best back up

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"snowinapril" wrote:

Need we say more!

My revised score:
    Vikings 24

GB 17
    I tend to agree.
    The 3-4 is suspect to the run, and GB gave up 300+ yards to the St Louis Rams offense (led by Kyle Boller no less).
    I do respect some of the blitzes that GB has been using, but that will open up our running game and screen game even more.
    I think that this will be a close, fun game to watch, and I hope for zero injuries.
    And I believe that the Vikings will win by 7.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

MNgriff is offline Rookie

Run the ball and stop the run.

What the Vikes can do and the Pack can not.

Vikes by 17.
    Skol

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:

Need we say more!

My revised score:
    Vikings 24

GB 17
    I tend to agree.
    The 3-4 is suspect to the run, and GB gave up 300+ yards to the St Louis Rams offense (led by Kyle Boller no less).
    I do respect some of the blitzes that GB has been using, but that will open up our running game and screen game even more.
    I think that this will be a close, fun game to watch, and I hope for zero injuries.
    And I believe that the Vikings will win by 7.
    IMO if they get things down in the 3-4 it will be harder to run against GB. At least the big chunks of yardage will be harder to come by. That does not worry me though because their once formidable secondary is getting long in the tooth and I feel they will be more vulnerable to the pass than they have in a very long time and I think we have players who can do something about that.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Game goes into quadruple overtime and remains scoreless.
    According to antiquated rule #35213.342c the game must be decided by a fistfight between the starting QBs on the 50 yard line.
    Favre knocks Rodgers into next week with a weekly executed roundhouse resulting in his pink cleats becoming lodged into Rodgers' breast implants.
    Vikings win.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast