Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Minnesota Vikings Vs Green Bay Packers

dfosterf wrote:
    I have no idea who is going to win this week. I think it's going to be the Vikings, but then again, maybe Clay will be able resurrect our pass rush. The Pack could also really use Mike Neal back in the lineup.

Brandon Jackson is essentialy a bust as a 2nd round pick, imo

Chad Clifton is a turnstile. He is going to get Aaron Rodgers killed. I think it has gotten to the point that Rodgers is excessively jumpy back there.

Colledge still sucks. You can almost count on his holding penalty on any play of significance by the Pack.

Our friggin' punter (Matshay) has shown he is capable of losing games for us. Dude cranks 'em 50+ CONSTANTLY when in competition for his job, wins the job--now booms 'em at least 30 consistently, although that 12 yarder still has me a little peeved.

Charles Woodson has gone insane. We think he is trying to "make up" for his girly-man play from last year's AZ game--- You don't really need to complete the ball to the man he is covering, just throw it in that direction, the refs will throw the flag for you, unless he (Woodson) falls down...Either scenario is about 50/50, with a statistically insignificant possibility that he will actually make the play.

Mason Crosby could make a 70 yard field goal.

In the 1st quarter.

4th quarter, he couldn't hit a bulls ass with a banjo.

Sometimes our wide receivers can catch the football, so watch out for that.

OK---

Here is one fact:

Whichever team wins---- The fanbase of that team is going to be in one hell of a better mood than they were going into the game.
    There's no end to the variety of ways a team can agonize its fans. There's just no explanation for some performances.

Should the Vikings be fortunate enough to win, I hope it's in overtime.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

As BH points out, stats are the most misleading aspect of football and can be used to support almost any argument, especially when taken in a limited context.
    "Figures often beguile me, particularly when I have the arranging of them myself; in which case the remark attributed to Disraeli would often apply with justice and force: "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics."
    --Mark Twain

There's a lot to be said for having the arranging of them to yourself.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Infidel wrote:
    As BH points out, stats are the most misleading aspect of football and can be used to support almost any argument, especially when taken in a limited context.
    "Figures often beguile me, particularly when I have the arranging of them myself; in which case the remark attributed to Disraeli would often apply with justice and force: "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics."
    --Mark Twain

There's a lot to be said for having the arranging of them to yourself.

Ha! That is great. :laugh:

tastywaves wrote:

The seemingly impressive pass defense rankings may be attributed mostly to our lackluster performance to date on the offensive side of the ball.
    That's what I was thinking too, however the Vikings are right in the middle with pass attempts against. So teams are not passing more or less on the Vikings on average than they are on any other team....for whatever that is worth. :S

Correct, but again, this is history.

What has changed?

We now lack Griffin and Abdullah and maybe Cook.

So......working with the NOW instead of the past.....we got problems.
    --John Wooden

Here is one fact:

Whichever team wins---- The fanbase of that team is going to be in one hell of a better mood than they were going into the game.
    I suggest that the emotional impact will be far more devastating on the mood of the team that loses.

After all, we usually arrive in a good mood....and confident that we will triumph.....then we are grievously crushed by the slings and arrows and fumbles and penalties and interceptions of outrageous fortune.....oh my Favre, my Favre.....why hast Thou forsaken me?
    --John Wooden

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Infidel wrote:
    Correct, but again, this is history.

What has changed?

We now lack Griffin and Abdullah and maybe Cook.

So......working with the NOW instead of the past.....we got problems.
    Griffen has only played in 2 games, Cook only 1. The glass is still half full.
    If we only have 1 starter on defense out, we are doing better than the Packers.

Looks like we'll have more than one out. Will we have some playing hurt? And Cook was a real bright spot in what had been an area of concern.

I haven't been keeping track of the Packer injuries, but they may have more talented replacements available than we do so the injuries may not hit them as hard.

Also, when the secondary falls apart.....those are the games you lose 35-10 or so.....get blown out of the stadium.

So, we shall see on Sunday, but I think there's a valid concern.
    --John Wooden

Infidel wrote:
    Looks like we'll have more than one out. Will we have some playing hurt? And Cook was a real bright spot in what had been an area of concern.

I haven't been keeping track of the Packer injuries, but they may have more talented replacements available than we do so the injuries may not hit them as hard.

Also, when the secondary falls apart.....those are the games you lose 35-10 or so.....get blown out of the stadium.

So, we shall see on Sunday, but I think there's a valid concern.
    When is the last time the Vikings got blown out of Lamblow field? Especially with a roster as talented with this one (on paper).

History means nothing.

Now means everything.

Paper means nothing.

Muscle and brains and execution on the field mean everything.
    --John Wooden

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast