Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: minn vs. bears

Del Rio Guest

Re: minn vs. bears

"Tbets" wrote:
    sorry to burst your bubble but the skins defense is not great or comparable to the bears. the panthers d is good but not great.

next sunday..lets have all (including me) come back after the game...those whos predicitons were wrong..simply post ...i was wrong. those who were right...post a little
    ;D
    It pains me to educate you on your own team but I will. Last season the Panthers ranked 3rd in overall defense. The Redskins 9th. Both respectable.

This season you can't honestly say their defense is bad or yours is great lmao you have played two shit teams with piss poor offense to begin with.

If you think the Panthers or the Skins are not comparable to the Bears then you need to take a nodoze or something.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Tbets" wrote:
    sorry to burst your bubble but the skins defense is not great or comparable to the bears. the panthers d is good but not great.
    The Redskins and Panthers both had a top10 defense in 2005 by any measure.
    None of us here are discounting the ferocious Bears D, but you are certainly pumping up the opponents which the Bears have pummeled the past two weeks.

The Packers and the Lions are, quite simply, two of the five worst teams in football.
    The Bears should kick the crap out of them.
    They did that impressively, that's for sure - but I look at winning a road game on Monday night in front of 90,000 fans on 9/11 as as big of a victory as any had in Week 1.

As for yesterday's game, Julius Peppers had the best defensive game I've seen in YEARS and the Vikings still managed to pull out the victory.

This Sunday should be an even struggle between two stout defensive sides playing similar schemes.
    I think the game will come down to the 4th quarter with the Vikings prevailing in front of a frenzied Dome crowd.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

sweetness34 is offline Rookie

"Del" wrote:
    "sweetness34" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "Tbets" wrote:
    i alwasy love the rosy outlook of fans.
    ;D

I must say i am very surprised by those in purple antisipating scoring 20+ points on the bears D.
    ???

I dont see the bears winnig the superbowl but
    i dont see them giving up 20+ points next sunday either.
    :-*

Bears 19 - MInn 10

You probably didnt see them putting up 30+ points on the Bears last year either. It can be done. Your team is fourth in yards per game, we are 6th. I would be surprised if the Bears find the endzone. Hopefully we dont break Grossman again like we did last year.

Going to be a great game, I'm glad the Bears are good again and the Vikings appear to be improved, no more Packer Rivalry, back to tradition, Vikings Bears.......the world is better now.

Whoever makes the most mistakes will lose. The Bears haven't faced a team that is consistent on offense. We may not be explosive but we are capable and that is more then can be said for the Lions and Packers.

I think 13-3 Vikings sounds good.
    Last year the vikes scored 30+ points on our scrubs. We rested our starters(which did us no good in the playoffs) that game.
    A few starters maybe.

Considering we had Brad Johnson and a non explosive offense we will take it.

20+ against the Bears is definatley doable, sorry you beat the Packers and the Lions. Not good enough for me.

We beat the Panthers and the Skins, playing "great" defenses is no big deal for us so far.
    I dont consider the skins a "great defense", and are you truly happy with yesterday's win? The vikes offense was horrible and you probably would have lost if it wasn't for the bonehead pass play the panthers tried. You also failed to mention that the panthers/redskins offenses are both banged up. What would the score have been if Smith started yesterday? I'm not saying the bears offense will be the best in the league, but their firing on all cylinders now and are currently playing better than the panthers and skins offenses.

Del Rio Guest

"sweetness34" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "sweetness34" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "Tbets" wrote:
    i alwasy love the rosy outlook of fans.
    ;D

I must say i am very surprised by those in purple antisipating scoring 20+ points on the bears D.
    ???

I dont see the bears winnig the superbowl but
    i dont see them giving up 20+ points next sunday either.
    :-*

Bears 19 - MInn 10

You probably didnt see them putting up 30+ points on the Bears last year either. It can be done. Your team is fourth in yards per game, we are 6th. I would be surprised if the Bears find the endzone. Hopefully we dont break Grossman again like we did last year.

Going to be a great game, I'm glad the Bears are good again and the Vikings appear to be improved, no more Packer Rivalry, back to tradition, Vikings Bears.......the world is better now.

Whoever makes the most mistakes will lose. The Bears haven't faced a team that is consistent on offense. We may not be explosive but we are capable and that is more then can be said for the Lions and Packers.

I think 13-3 Vikings sounds good.
    Last year the vikes scored 30+ points on our scrubs. We rested our starters(which did us no good in the playoffs) that game.
    A few starters maybe.

Considering we had Brad Johnson and a non explosive offense we will take it.

20+ against the Bears is definatley doable, sorry you beat the Packers and the Lions. Not good enough for me.

We beat the Panthers and the Skins, playing "great" defenses is no big deal for us so far.
    I dont consider the skins a "great defense", and are you truly happy with yesterday's win? The vikes offense was horrible and you probably would have lost if it wasn't for the bonehead pass play the panthers tried. You also failed to mention that the panthers/redskins offenses are both banged up. What would the score have been if Smith started yesterday? I'm not saying the bears offense will be the best in the league, but their firing on all cylinders now and are currently playing better than the panthers and skins offenses.
    Your firing on all cylinders? LMAO In what a 4 banger? You played the Packers and the Lions. Come on, your offense is firing on all cylinders?

Yes I am happy with that win, and I will be happy with a win against the Bears in the same fasion. Teams with good defenses always come down to who makes the worse mistakes. Yesterday it was the Panthers. It's football. It's not them handing us a gift it is us taking a gift.

We ran for over 100Yards, we had quite a few amazing drives including the very first drive of the game. We were in the redzone repeatedly and we had penalties and we did not get the ball in. It happens. It was a good offensive effort against a great defensive team.

Our offense was far from horrible and I am willing to be your offense is Far from firing on all cylinders.

Tbets is offline Training Camp

the skins were great last year! the panthers were great last year!

how about this year? not last year? you really think the skins and the bears are the same?

the bears have played two week teams and the viks got realllllllly lucky to beat carolina.

like i said, should be a good game between two weak offensive teams.

"sweetness34" wrote:
    I hardly call rushing for 89 yards on 34 carries "firing on all cylinders".
    Especially at home against the Lions.

It's rather interesting the way you discount the Vikings two opponents (BOTH of whom, before the season, were touted as playoff teams) but refuse to acknowledge that the Packers will be lucky to win 2 games and the Lions are also a good bet to finish 5 games below .500.

Reality check:
    The Bears Have Played NO ONE.

=Z=

Jviking is offline Pro-Bowler

I am pumped for this one, big time.
    I think that despite the bears d, we will show more on offense that we have seen in the prior two games.
    Vikes 20- bears 16
    I BLEED PURPLE!

"Tbets" wrote:

how about this year? not last year? you really think the skins and the bears are the same?

the bears have played two week teams and the viks got realllllllly lucky to beat carolina.

How about this year?
    The Packers just lost to the SAINTS at HOME???
    Are you kidding me?

I don't argue that the Vikes got a big break (or two) yesterday late in the game, but the Vikes D has given up SIX second-half points in two games.
    That kind of hard-hitting D keeps you into games.

I'm not worried - Grossman will rupture a patella tendon or something on his way out of the tunnel.
    'Cuz that's what he does in the Dome.

=Z=

davike is offline Team Alumni

i think this should deff be low scoring game...yes the bears offense have put up points but look at who they played, i thought the lions D would be better then that but there is alot of season left. our deffense should be able to hold them well, but they need to stop penalties at key times and also we need to get turnovers when they hit u in the face mask, we should have had at least 2 picks that they threw right at us. its our offense that needs to improve, we need to be alot better inside the red zone, and we need to stop the penalties, i liked the trickery BC used with the longwell touchdown but we should have been able to get in the endzone with our offense. we should have had a touchdown at least twice but penalties stopped us. i think we have a good chance against these guys, we will be the first good team they have faced, lets see what these bears r made of.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

Del Rio Guest

"Tbets" wrote:

Your basing their value after two games? And your rubbing your own manhood over two games against piss poor opponents? Please stop now.

Lets break this down for you: You team play 2 crappy teams....you win big
    My team play two good team we win small.

You team not tested.
    My team tested.

You team get tested this week.
    My team more of the same.

Hows that work for you?

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast