Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 ... LastLast

Thread: minn vs. bears

UndisputedVike is offline Coordinator

Re: minn vs. bears

"Tbets" wrote:
    i am sorry. did you give any kind of reasoning for predicting a big offensive day from the vikings?

do you really think wash. is a playoff team? yikes! that is crazy talk.

I am well aware the bears are not a good offensive team. much like
    minnesota. but do you really think the vikes will put up 20+ vs the bears?

That just seems really unlikely. but its football and crazy things happen!
    To be quite honest, we beat ourselves if anything the last 2 games, we actually should have lost them both. Due to poor play on both parts we came out the victor, making those mistakes against the Bears will be a no no and we'll pay for it.

But I seriously think the Bears are a little overhyped, they have no running game, Jones was non-exsistant these 2 games and against 2 very suspect rush Defenses. If anyone thinks Grossman throws for 4 TD's in this game is sadly mistaken. I'm not gonna be a homer and predict the Vikings to win like most do, I'll stay optimistic and say I'll wait until the game is done.

Yes, Washington did go to the Playoffs last year if you didn't notice, they gained new weapons on offense and their Defense was top 10 so yeah, a pushover they are not. Right now they just haven't got into a rhythm on offense. Plus Carolina's D-Line is better than the Bear's D-Line to be honest so I don't see them causing as much havoc as Peppers and company did.

Prophet Guest

You must be addressing someone else's post, but I'll play anyway.

I don't expect a huge offensive day from either team.
    Carolina had a stifling D resulting in 5 sacks, and an INT.
    BJ has thrown a grand total of 1 TD in two games.
    The Vikings did have a rusher for over 100 yds and a receiver for over a 100 yds even though they didn't score.
    The Bears have spread the ball around against suspect Ds and only have one skill player breaking the 100 yd mark in the first two games.
    The Vikings D is formidable so far this year and I would take BJ any day over Grossman at QB.

The Vikings are a team that will be slowly improving over the season, no doubt.
    What?
    You say so will every other team?
    Not at the rate the Vikings will be improving.
    A team that comes in with an entirely new coaching staff and new schemes on O and D and still wins on the road on MNF in the capitol and beats a favored Carolina team has earned some respect.
    Whether you recognize that or not is irrelevant.
    I guarantee the Bears' coaching staff and players are nervous about going to Minnesota.
    This will be the Bears first test of the season.
    It will be the Vikings' third test.

Expect a battle.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Prophet" wrote:
    It usually takes me a few days of contemplation after gameday before I get into the next week's game.
    I've been pleasantly surprised by the outcomes of the first two games and am banking on the new-look Vikings getting better each week.
    Once all the cogs come together the Vikings will be a team to be reckoned with.
    They're no slouch now, but they are in their infancy in this regime.
    Gotta agree with Prophet here, the running game did look better and I think Williamson is only gonna get better.

Chicago has faced two teams that were cream puffs while we have faced two of the better teams defensively from last year and are picks to go far in the playoffs even though they were a bit dinged.

Childress and his staff have OUT COACHED two great coaches.

Vikes 24 - Bears 13.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Tbets is offline Training Camp

i agree fully the bears are overhyped. with out question grossman likley never have antoher 4 td game in his career.

washingtion is not a playoff team this year anymore than detroit is. both have some tools but neither is playing well and no kind of bragging can come from beating either of those teams.

should be a good game on sunday. very similar offense, ball control and limited turnovers will decide the game.

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

ok,, here's my breakdown based on what I've seen.

both D's are up there in the hitting
    both D's cause turnovers
    both D's are have been very stingy with points
    both D's boast mean D lines
    Chicago has an advantage of being able to say their D system is Maturing
    Minnesota has the advantage of having a new system for OC's to learn.
    Minnesota has an advantage due to Home Crowd!!! the dome is not easy for QB's

advantage Minnesota

Both O's have managed to win games for their teams.
    Both QB's have proven they can hit their receivers.
    Both O lines have made improvments helping the run game.

Bears show an advantage of QB not being bruised up
    Vikings show advantage with
    a more expierenced and capable QB

The O's are gonna be decided in the trenches.. I'm kinda sad to have to say I can't really find a better advantage either way, and it will come down to who's O line holds the best. I don't see our left side failing.. but our right is still in question.. esp after what Peppers did.

Advantage: noone.. it'll be low production from both sides.

Coaches
    Lovie is a good coach.. he knows football, he knows his team. I would think that this is gonna cause some overconfidence, maybe not in him, but in his coaching staff.
    Childress is very much a tactics guy. He'll look for every way he can work his will into the game. He knows ball, and he's shown he's got that crafty view and that he's not affraid to use it.
    Brad's coaching staff is new, but that is giving them the drive to do more, and more, this is the mentality of the underdog, which after a very long time.. we are. For this reason i'd give Childress the advantage. Lovie is under preasure to win, he has the more proven team, the big PICK of the division.. Childress has won 2 games he wan't supposed to. He's proven to Viking fans he knows what he's doing. The media will forgive him for a loss here, early in the season and to a team we shouldn't beat (in paper).
    when it comes time to make that do or die decision.. that'll be the moment these two Coaches will be judged.

Advantage: Brad Childress

all in all, I think it'll be a true NFC Black and Blue game!! Detriot and GarbageBay have worked they way to division rivals.. but now are back where they belong.. I welcome the next decade of the good old Viking/Bear

Stars(Wild)/Blackhawks
    beatum till u can't stand rivalries!!

Vikes 18
    Bears 10

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

sweetness34 is offline Rookie

"Del" wrote:
    "Tbets" wrote:
    i alwasy love the rosy outlook of fans.
    ;D

I must say i am very surprised by those in purple antisipating scoring 20+ points on the bears D.
    ???

I dont see the bears winnig the superbowl but
    i dont see them giving up 20+ points next sunday either.
    :-*

Bears 19 - MInn 10

You probably didnt see them putting up 30+ points on the Bears last year either. It can be done. Your team is fourth in yards per game, we are 6th. I would be surprised if the Bears find the endzone. Hopefully we dont break Grossman again like we did last year.

Going to be a great game, I'm glad the Bears are good again and the Vikings appear to be improved, no more Packer Rivalry, back to tradition, Vikings Bears.......the world is better now.

Whoever makes the most mistakes will lose. The Bears haven't faced a team that is consistent on offense. We may not be explosive but we are capable and that is more then can be said for the Lions and Packers.

I think 13-3 Vikings sounds good.
    Last year the vikes scored 30+ points on our scrubs. We rested our starters(which did us no good in the playoffs) that game.

sweetness34 is offline Rookie

"Prophet" wrote:
    You must be addressing someone else's post, but I'll play anyway.

I don't expect a huge offensive day from either team.
    Carolina had a stifling D resulting in 5 sacks, and an INT.
    BJ has thrown a grand total of 1 TD in two games.
    The Vikings did have a rusher for over 100 yds and a receiver for over a 100 yds even though they didn't score.
    The Bears have spread the ball around against suspect Ds and only have one skill player breaking the 100 yd mark in the first two games.
    The Vikings D is formidable so far this year and I would take BJ any day over Grossman at QB.

The Vikings are a team that will be slowly improving over the season, no doubt.
    What?
    You say so will every other team?
    Not at the rate the Vikings will be improving.
    A team that comes in with an entirely new coaching staff and new schemes on O and D and still wins on the road on MNF in the capitol and beats a favored Carolina team has earned some respect.
    Whether you recognize that or not is irrelevant.
    I guarantee the Bears' coaching staff and players are nervous about going to Minnesota.
    This will be the Bears first test of the season.
    It will be the Vikings' third test.

Expect a battle.
    I admit this will be the biggest challenge the Bears have faced this year, but I highly doubt the bears are nervous about going to Minnesota. Actually I'd think they'd be looking forward to it. The starters sat on the bench helplessy last year while the vikes pummeled our scrubs. This game they get to play.

Del Rio Guest

"sweetness34" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "Tbets" wrote:
    i alwasy love the rosy outlook of fans.
    ;D

I must say i am very surprised by those in purple antisipating scoring 20+ points on the bears D.
    ???

I dont see the bears winnig the superbowl but
    i dont see them giving up 20+ points next sunday either.
    :-*

Bears 19 - MInn 10

You probably didnt see them putting up 30+ points on the Bears last year either. It can be done. Your team is fourth in yards per game, we are 6th. I would be surprised if the Bears find the endzone. Hopefully we dont break Grossman again like we did last year.

Going to be a great game, I'm glad the Bears are good again and the Vikings appear to be improved, no more Packer Rivalry, back to tradition, Vikings Bears.......the world is better now.

Whoever makes the most mistakes will lose. The Bears haven't faced a team that is consistent on offense. We may not be explosive but we are capable and that is more then can be said for the Lions and Packers.

I think 13-3 Vikings sounds good.
    Last year the vikes scored 30+ points on our scrubs. We rested our starters(which did us no good in the playoffs) that game.
    A few starters maybe.

Considering we had Brad Johnson and a non explosive offense we will take it.

20+ against the Bears is definatley doable, sorry you beat the Packers and the Lions. Not good enough for me.

We beat the Panthers and the Skins, playing "great" defenses is no big deal for us so far.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Tbets" wrote:
    any one got a predection for the game next week?
    Rex Grossman will tear an ACL running out of the tunnel before the national anthem.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Tbets is offline Training Camp

sorry to burst your bubble but the skins defense is not great or comparable to the bears. the panthers d is good but not great.

next sunday..lets have all (including me) come back after the game...those whos predicitons were wrong..simply post ...i was wrong. those who were right...post a little
    ;D

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 ... LastLast