Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast

Thread: minn vs. bears

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

Re: minn vs. bears

Can't wait for this game, I think it'll be pretty exciting.
    Playing division rivals always makes for the best games.
    Plus tons of people from PP.O are coming in to town so it should make for a great weekend of fun and football!
    GO VIKES!!
    Bring on 3-0!

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

bearsfanmn is offline Training Camp

"sharper42" wrote:
    bears havny played anyone this year yet, two 0-2 teams comon. i dont think they are as good as they are supposed to be. regardless, they have a good D. but the vikes have beat 2 playoff teams thus far both teams we beat totaled 21 wins combined last year. the bears have beat two teams that combined 9 wins last year.

vikes 23 bears 10
    And who have the vikes palyed this year. An absolute horrible washington team that won't even make the playoffs? There offense has generated like 20 points over two weeks at most? And missing there starting running back?
    A carolina team that was missing two of there best players on defense and offense combined?
    Last time I checked both teams they played were also 0 and 2.
    Granted the bears have beaten two bad teams. But you forget that last year Green Bays defense was ranked in the top against the pass. And last week everyone was screaming and hollering about how great Detroits defense was against the seattle. But of course when the bears come in and not only beat but obliterate these teams. They are just horrible teams. I accdept that. The Bears have alot to prove this year. And they have done are doing it and will keep on doing it.

But one of my many questions is? The bears this year and last year combined for an average of under 13 points allowed a game. How do you think the vikes are gonna score when they couldn't even do it against Carolina last week? Very similar defenses. But you have one of the best defenseive lines in the leauge coming this week. I think even better than calorlinas. And alot faster. Car had one good guy. We have 3 on our line. Our linebackers will get an interception this week for sure. johnson can't go deep and won't have time.

Next question is how will the vikes defense
    stop the bears in their tracks. Maybe you forgot, but the Bears have been running this cover two for 4 years now and damn near perfected it. Do you not think that the Bears offense maybe has to play and practice against this defense week in and week out. My guess is they might know the tricks and the scheme to beat it.

The Problem with Minnesota viking football is the media. PA and Dubay and Mike Morris and Joe Sensor have no Idea what they are talking about ever and they instill hope every year to fans that eat it up before they get a chance to see what is before them. last week they were talking on if the vikes would beat carolina then chicago then the week after that there shot for winning the nfc and going to the superbowl would be right in front of them. Idiots. let the games unfold. I have been so irrated by these guys for years. And year after year they pump up bad teams and you all fall for it. And the vikes collaspe.
    Joe sensor is embarrassing. He knows nothing. I can't believe anyone listens to this old senile guy talk. Maybe one to many shots to the head. Greg coleman is almost as bad. And I don't think Mike Morris has ever even watched a Football game. He still thinks Rex Grossman is horrible. But Our offensive line would make anyone good. Our Qb's have all the time in the world. these talk show hosts are clueless.

That was a lil off the point. I think its gonna be a good game. And like last year when you play the bears the first to 13 wins. But this year we have an offense and you won't score any more than 13. and the bears are a lil to quick to be beaten by trick plays and field goals.

i predict 31 to 10

I know its early in the season and even us bears fan might be looking through navyblue and orange colored glasses but i see something good in this team this year. Im looking forward to going to this game. Maybe if you were all smart you turn to the blue and orange cause we have Alary's bar in St paul
    Cause when we lose, we still win. Girls girls girls.

Angrybearsfan is offline Waterboy

Grossman was playing well against the Vikings up until his injury.
    If the best thing going for you is hoping the defense injurs Grossman, I'd say the game is pretty much going to be won by the Bears.

Vikings have some nice fatties up front to stop the run, but after that it gets a little sketchy.
    Salisbury (I think) said it best: "The Vikings dont have anyone that can do anything the best, but have a lot of guys that can do a lot of things well"
    or something to that effect.
    I think that is spot on.

The Vikings are one of the most solid teams.
    Solid on offense, solid on defnse, and well...special teams they are not that good.
    The problem is the Bears are a better defense and if you go by these past two games, they are a much better offense (gasp).

I dont think the Bears offense will be as potent, but I do think they will be able to move the ball.

Homefield advantage is a huge plus for the Vikings though...always is in division games.

If, and I mean if, the Bears happen to get a lead of two touchdowns or more Childress' game plan will be kaput.
    I think he is planing on it being a running game, field position game.
    I think Smith is gearing up to try to score (or try to) a few TDs and shock the Vikings into a one dimensional passing game.

I actually think the Bears match up very well against the Vikings.

fungus83 is offline Training Camp

I don't understand how these Bear fans are coming to the conclusion that they shouldn't be afraid of our D. Go to NFL.com and look at their stats for defenses. We're ranked at #6 in the league... the Bears are #4. We have allowed 10 yards more a game than you. And I know this has been stated before but look at the teams you guys have played. Given we played two teams that were missing people (and, by the way, Clinton Portis played most of the game, I believe), but you guys played the worst ranked team in the league...and the Lions! (Green Bay and Detriot's defenses are ranked much lower than our teams)

Offense, once again, the teams you have played. I think these Bear fans are way to pumped up right now considering the people you've played. If you come into our house and win, I'll be impressed.

It will be a good game...but I'm biased and will say, I believe we'll come out on top. Only way you guys will win is if we continue to shoot ourselves in the foot and lose momentum by these stupid penalties.

Bears are always the "regular season" champions.
    It's that first playoff game that always gets them.
    Teams figure out that they have zero offense and can't play from behind.
    Oh yeah, and they actually have to play someone good.
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

tybrones87 is offline Rookie

"bearsfanmn" wrote:
    "sharper42" wrote:
    bears havny played anyone this year yet, two 0-2 teams comon. i dont think they are as good as they are supposed to be. regardless, they have a good D. but the vikes have beat 2 playoff teams thus far both teams we beat totaled 21 wins combined last year. the bears have beat two teams that combined 9 wins last year.

vikes 23 bears 10
    And who have the vikes palyed this year. An absolute horrible washington team that won't even make the playoffs? There offense has generated like 20 points over two weeks at most? And missing there starting running back?
    A carolina team that was missing two of there best players on defense and offense combined?
    Granted the bears have beaten two bad teams. But you forget that last year Green Bays defense was ranked in the top against the pass. And last week everyone was screaming and hollering about how great Detroits defense was against the seattle. But of course when the bears come in and not only beat but obliterate these teams. They are just horrible teams. I accdept that. The Bears have alot to prove this year. And they have done are doing it and will keep on doing it.

But one of my many questions is? The bears this year and last year combined for an average of under 13 points allowed a game. How do you think the vikes are gonna score when they couldn't even do it against Carolina last week? Very similar defenses. But you have one of the best defenseive lines in the leauge coming this week. I think even better than calorlinas. And alot faster. Car had one good guy. We have 3 on our line. Our linebackers will get an interception this week for sure. johnson can't go deep and won't have time.

stop the bears in their tracks. Maybe you forgot, but the Bears have been running this cover two for 4 years now and gol 'darnit near perfected it. Do you not think that the Bears offense maybe has to play and practice against this defense week in and week out. My guess is they might know the tricks and the scheme to beat it.

The Problem with Minnesota viking football is the media. PA and Dubay and Mike Morris and Joe Sensor have no Idea what they are talking about ever and they instill hope every year to fans that eat it up before they get a chance to see what is before them. last week they were talking on if the vikes would beat carolina then chicago then the week after that there shot for winning the nfc and going to the superbowl would be right in front of them. Idiots. let the games unfold. I have been so irrated by these guys for years. And year after year they pump up bad teams and you all fall for it. And the vikes collaspe.
    Joe sensor is embarrassing. He knows nothing. I can't believe anyone listens to this old senile guy talk. Maybe one to many shots to the head. Greg coleman is almost as bad. And I don't think Mike Morris has ever even watched a Football game. He still thinks Rex Grossman is horrible. But Our offensive line would make anyone good. Our Qb's have all the time in the world. these talk show hosts are clueless.

That was a lil off the point. I think its gonna be a good game. And like last year when you play the bears the first to 13 wins. But this year we have an offense and you won't score any more than 13. and the bears are a lil to quick to be beaten by trick plays and field goals.

i predict 31 to 10

I know its early in the season and even us bears fan might be looking through navyblue and orange colored glasses but i see something good in this team this year. Im looking forward to going to this game. Maybe if you were all smart you turn to the blue and orange cause we have Alary's bar in St paul
    The only reason that Packers had a decently ranked passing d was because they were down almost every game, the opponents just tried to run out the clock.

I agree this a proving game for the Bears, and the vikes alike.

Call me crazy but Carolina's d-line scares me much much more than chi-towns does. IMO Tommie Harris is the only player on that line that impresses me. You don't have a guy like Peppers that is in there every play. Peppers is a freak of nature, and is the best de in the game and disrupted us all game long. We now have pretty even matches across the board when it comes to Vikes O line vs Bears D line instead of a guy that screwed us every play.

To me the "rex express" as my coworker would call him hasn't proved anything, yet. The lions game your guy looked really impressive, but they have no real defense. Also the lions did you guys plenty of favors with turnovers and field position.

Honestly this game is gonna be real good one. Close scores, but low scores. I think this game is capable of going either way, with the edge going to the bears, as they are the better team until proven otherwise. But we are in the dome, where we play our best football. The dome is a really tough place to play for the visitor.

Here's to a clean, injury free game!

Del Rio Guest

"bearsfanmn" wrote:
    "sharper42" wrote:

vikes 23 bears 10

stop the bears in their tracks. Maybe you forgot, but the Bears have been running this cover two for 4 years now and gol 'darnit near perfected it. Do you not think that the Bears offense maybe has to play and practice against this defense week in and week out. My guess is they might know the tricks and the scheme to beat it.

i predict 31 to 10

The Redskins weren't missing anyone when we played them. Pretty bold prediction saying they will miss the playoffs after two games. Not to mention they are only one win away from being atop their division. Do you watch football?

The Panthers are 0-2 and part of the reason they are 0-2 is us. Now your wins are against teams that EVERYONE knows suck. There is no need for us to jump to conclusions about your wins, no need to make up statistics or take half truths your team beat teams they were supposed to beat. We didn't.

Twist it anyway you like. Our D is for real, and your offense has not been tested.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    I remember a lot of Vikings vs Bears games on the vibrating football game I had as a kid.
    Tough battles.
    I also remember freezing my jiggly butt off at the Vikes/Bears games, loved it.
    I was like 11 when I entered the local "Pick-The-Games" contest in our town paper.
    After I won, they called us, realized that a kid had won the week (and you were supposed to be 16 or 18 to enter, I don't recall) and decided that they'd go ahead and give me the prize - $20.
    I used that money to buy my vibrating football game which was the Vikings vs. the Bears.
    Many cold afternoons were spent down in the basement, trying to get those sumbitches to run straight rather than in circles and to get the stupid kicker to put the little foam ball through the uprights.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

"Del" wrote:
    "bearsfanmn" wrote:
    "sharper42" wrote:

vikes 23 bears 10

i predict 31 to 10

The Redskins weren't missing anyone when we played them. Pretty bold prediction saying they will miss the playoffs after two games. Not to mention they are only one win away from being atop their division. Do you watch football?

The Panthers are 0-2 and part of the reason they are 0-2 is us. Now your wins are against teams that EVERYONE knows suck. There is no need for us to jump to conclusions about your wins, no need to make up statistics or take half truths your team beat teams they were supposed to beat. We didn't.

Twist it anyway you like. Our D is for real, and your offense has not been tested.

Exactly Del. To say Chicago's offense isnt good, or productive isnt correct.However they have not tested that offense against a formidible team yet.We are that team.Being a Gators fan, I really dont think Grossman is your future.I never had confidence in him, when he was at Floirda.Wait till he starts making those "Farve like" throws into a real defense.The Pack while ranked highly in pass defense last year, our a complete mess this year.Lets see how many yards Greenbay has given up so far this year....

Week 1 vs Chicago
    They gave up 262 yards passing and 1 TD.

Week 2 vs New Orleans
    They gave up 353 yards passing and 2 TDs.

So to say they where ranked highly last year, means jack now.Thier a team in a rebuilding, slash noone knows what thier doing mode.

Then you have Detroits scary ole defense.Which is VASTLY being overaited far to fast.They where exposed to your team.

Week 2 vs Detroit
    you guys raked up 289 yards and 4 TDs.

So all I'm saying is your offense has yet to play this year a worthy defense.Our team has played against 2 worthy playoff contenders.While both our 0-2, they've lost to OTHER worthy oppents.(ATL,Dal)

This game will be a great game, everybody there better be outta thier minds!

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

petrodemos is offline Asst. Coach

you cant argue that green bay and detroit have better defenses than carolina and washington. pt for vikes

if turnovers are going to decide this game, grossman will make a mistake before brad johnson will. pt for vikes

bears have urlacher, vikes have harris....ok, pt for bears.

so, the vikes win 4-2, two safetys to one.

besides, bear fans you can kiss your QB goodbye after this game
    :-* crutches i tell ya, crutches. he might break his leg in warmups. ;D

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast