Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    smashmouth34 is offline Waterboy

Re: Mike Williams= Bad Pick For Lions

Garcia is not a bad qb. With the wr they have an adequate qb can win. It seems to me some wideouts on the rams a few years back made Warner a household name.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Nice to see you back Silvermane. I was thinking you might drop by after your draft.

You have 4 pretty good receivers now, counting Az Hakim. I can see you going with a quick hitting passing game, taking advantage of mismatches..., a lot like the run and shoot like 6-KINGS said. I might be wrong, but I think the best QB for that offense would be MIke McMahon though. For some reason I fear him more than Harrington or Garcia.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Paulbedy59 is offline Coordinator

I just hope the BAP next year isn,t a reciever again.By your logic they should grab him.They messed up.Way to much of thier cap space is gonna be tied up in WR,s.
    If winning isn,t everything,why keep score?

silvermane is offline Rookie

"Paulbedy59" wrote:
    I just hope the BAP next year isn,t a reciever again.By your logic they should grab him.They messed up.Way to much of thier cap space is gonna be tied up in WR,s.
    you are forgetting that the BAP for us in the first round was also a team need. we need another big play receiver and offense was our problem last season. sure we have needs on defense but this was a great pick for us because at best it gives us 3 studs in the passing game, at worst it gives us 2 studs if charlie rogers has injury problems, knock on wood. you can never have enough great receivers.

salary cap won't be a problem. we are still farther under than most teams and even if it gives us problems down the road, we can trade any one of those guys.

silvermane is offline Rookie

"SKOL" wrote:
    Nice to see you back Silvermane. I was thinking you might drop by after your draft.

You have 4 pretty good receivers now, counting Az Hakim. I can see you going with a quick hitting passing game, taking advantage of mismatches..., a lot like the run and shoot like 6-KINGS said. I might be wrong, but I think the best QB for that offense would be MIke McMahon though. For some reason I fear him more than Harrington or Garcia.
    mcmahon is gone to philly believe it or not. i am actually glad we got garcia as a backup. as for harrington, the one thing the guys on tv were right about with this whole mike williams thing was that harrington knows this is last chance salloon.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Harrington will once again underachieve and Charles Rogers will get hurt again!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Harrington will be a back-up soon
    You republican whore!

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    I don't agree completly. The Lions can line up in a four reciever set and who has enough quality corners to cover them all?!?!

We're going to get alot of use out of Brian Williams - but alot of teams don't even have TWO quality DBs.

So, no. I don't agree with the article.
    The lions have no QB.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"PurpleRide" wrote:
    Harrington will be a back-up soon

I'm actually a little nervous about that too! Garcia is re-united with Mariucci and he has great young talent around him at the skill positions.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

vegasvike is offline Hall of Famer

"silvermane" wrote:
    Mike Williams was a good pick for the Lions and the reason is because he was available to us when nobody thought he would be. Most people say we really screwed up by not taking someone like Shawn Merriman, Derrick Johnson, Pollack, or James. And if Mike Williams had been drafted by you or someone else ahead of us we would have taken one of those guys. But to pass on Mike Williams with the #10 pick when NOBODY had him falling that far would be just plain stupid, especially since our offense was so horrible last year and one of our projected star receivers Charles Rogers has suffered from so many collarbone injuries.

As for our offensive line we made a huge free agency pickup with Rick Demulling from the Colts, one of Edegerrin James and Mannings prize blockers.

Besides Shaun Cody was a great pickup in the 2nd round. We also picked up 2 more defensive ends and Dan Orlovsky as a backup QB.

I really feel that we have gotten stronger in the draft and free agency this year and that we will be a competitor with the Vikings and Packers for the division. Minnesota still looks the best right now but I take issue with those who think we wasted a pick on Mike Williams. It's all about value, and he was the best value for where we sat.
    Hey silver good to hear from ya man I don't entirely agree w/ that article while the lions maybe should have gon w/ a D playertheir offence is gonna me killa with 3 big WR and K. Jones. They'll have a top 10-15 Offence and be 2nd in the nfc North I meant
    Thanks for the sig Pack93z

I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast