Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Del Rio Guest

Re: Metrodome Fans VS Lambeau Fans

"mnpackerbacker" wrote:
    akvikefan89: Is that all you have to add? Any personal experience to back that up? Probably not.

What's worse, I'm not a 220 pound male that can take it outside, which I swear I would have done if I was. (I truly believe that's what these rude fans want, an all out brawl) I'm a 5' 5" 125 pound female. Doesn't that make it even cuter that the barbaric Viking fans were shouting profanities at a woman.

Oh wait, that's par for the course. Heard the team lacks in class when it comes to women.
    Your so full of shit.

SamDawg84 Guest

as cao-cao from dynasty warriors would say. we will crush them today

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"mnpackerbacker" wrote:
    A little shaky here. Minnesotan Packer lover here on Purple Pride! I'm a virgin, please be nice....

Speaking of nice... I have had the privilege of being at the Metrodome and Lambeau field for MN VS GB. And I have to tell you that the MN fans were barbaric, rude, crude and downright disgusting to the GB fans. Without my rose colored glasses on, I did not notice the reciprocated behavior in GB against the Viking fans that were there. Are all GB fans saints? Well, close, but not all. But in comparison, the MN fans were ridiculously gross.

And it's not just GB that brings out the ugly side of Vikings fans. I went to a MN VS SF game about 3 years back, wearing a SF sweatshirt, and I kid you not, I got crap everywhere I went that day. And not just cute little banter crap--serious, profane crap. WTF?

Viking fans have not been known for their hospitality, hence the name "Vikings". That surely fits. But after what you've been through with this debacle of a team, show a little humility and take it easy on the opposing teams' visiting fans. This DOES reflect on MN as a whole, and I'm from MN.

On Sunday, be nice. Your team has done enough damage to the image of the Vikings, let's have the purple fans be above that, grow up.

I would have to disagree, not with your whole statement but half of it. Yes, I do admit that the fans at the dome can get a little nasty (I was at the dome in 98 for the viking/pack game), but I was at lamboo last year and the fans treated me like sh!t. I was told that since it was a Milwaukee package game that that's why it was worse, but that is no excuse. I don't really care though because that is what the rivalry is about. If you can't handle it, don't go!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

When I had my CPep jersey when I went to Chicago, I had penuts thown at me almost the whole game from someone behind me. I also had some fan call me gay boy because I had the cloth hat with the horns and braids. I saw this coming and was prepaired for some hazing. Most of it was just good natured like when the guy in the restroom said that it was a "mens" room. You can't judge all fans by a few bad ones. When I was at the Dome and a Bear fan was in front of me, no one bothered them during the game, other then his girlfriend who was a Vike fan.
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=102 252940

Del Rio Guest

I like to throw human feces at opponents fans. It's just fun.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

This is another silly excuse for a topic.

Every fan of every team ALWAYS assumes that THEIR teams fans couldn't POSSIBLY act out of line in any way towards their opponents fans under any circumstances...but their opponents fans are all barbarians.

I live in Wisconsin. Guess how many jerk Packer fans I have run into? Guess how many I ran into at Lambeau? In Chicago, at Soldier Field, guess how many jerk Bears fans I ran into?

It doesn't matter WHERE you go, if you cheer for the opposing team, you will likely run into a jerk or two.

The trick is to realize that it isn't simply every OTHER teams fans that act this way...your team has tards rooting for them too. For all we know, you may be one of them. So, comming here, to a Viking site, to preach about what bad fans Viking fans are strikes me as more than a bit presumptuous. I wonder, did you make idiotic comments while at the Metrodome too? If so, is it any wonder that people reacted negatively?

For example, the two Packer fans posted criticisms of Viking fans, and several Viking fans retaliated using derogatory comments. The Packer fans will likely tell their friends, "See, Viking fans are jerks"...never realizing that they did it to themselves. I don't go to Packer sites and tell them that they are bad fans and that people at Lambeau treat opposing teams fans like crap (even though I COULD!!)...because I'd get the same in return.

And, to make matters worse, I'd be labeling the entire group based upon the actions of a FEW. Now there is a recipe for making friends and influencing people!!!!

So, mnpackerbacker and scott72, when you hear that loud popping sound, don't panic. That's simply your head comming free from your rectum.

Caine

C-PepNSalt is offline Pro-Bowler

MensaTice has it correct, i was at a Packer vs. Rams game last year w/ my g/f (free tickets from my grandpa) on Monday night, the packer fans sitting next to me were cool shit, but then 2 rows back i could hear some slack jawed yokel screaming at all the rams fans that he was going to kick their ass, the guy looked like SKeeter from the simpsons to give you a visual.
    "Johnson, we will keep on beating them until morale improves."

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"VikinginaCamaro" wrote:
    When I had my CPep jersey when I went to Chicago, I had penuts thown at me almost the whole game from someone behind me. I also had some fan call me *** boy because I had the cloth hat with the horns and braids. I saw this coming and was prepaired for some hazing. Most of it was just good natured like when the guy in the restroom said that it was a "mens" room. You can't judge all fans by a few bad ones. When I was at the Dome and a Bear fan was in front of me, no one bothered them during the game, other then his girlfriend who was a Vike fan.

Same thing happened to me at lamboo!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"mnpackerbacker" wrote:
    A little shaky here. Minnesotan Packer lover here on Purple Pride! I'm a virgin, please be nice....

Speaking of nice... I have had the privilege of being at the Metrodome and Lambeau field for MN VS GB. And I have to tell you that the MN fans were barbaric, rude, crude and downright disgusting to the GB fans. Without my rose colored glasses on, I did not notice the reciprocated behavior in GB against the Viking fans that were there. Are all GB fans saints? Well, close, but not all. But in comparison, the MN fans were ridiculously gross.

And it's not just GB that brings out the ugly side of Vikings fans. I went to a MN VS SF game about 3 years back, wearing a SF sweatshirt, and I kid you not, I got crap everywhere I went that day. And not just cute little banter crap--serious, profane crap. WTF?

Viking fans have not been known for their hospitality, hence the name "Vikings". That surely fits. But after what you've been through with this debacle of a team, show a little humility and take it easy on the opposing teams' visiting fans. This DOES reflect on MN as a whole, and I'm from MN.

On Sunday, be nice. Your team has done enough damage to the image of the Vikings, let's have the purple fans be above that, grow up.

Sorry, I think you are full of it! I have been next to Packer fans at Vikings games, and the most I have seen anybody do is tease them as we were beating them. And I was at a game the Packers won at the Metro Dome and the Packer fans were obnoxious!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are full of it and I think you are a whiner.

And Packer fans mooning the buses of Viking fans and players, that is why Randy mooned you guys last year!

And I was in the bathroom at Lamblows field and your fans were peeing in the sinks (that's disgusting)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh ya and people peeing in there seats at lamblows field, that is disgusting!

And I have seen people giving Viking fans all kinds of crap.

If you want to see bad fans go to a Philly home game as an opposing player and have batteries thrown at you and people have been knifed at their games. So quit your whining!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Yea, I've been to both stadiums...and I don't notice a huge difference. If you're wearing the opposing teams jersey, then you should expect to get some grief from local fans. I'm a season ticket holder and I can respect the fact that someone has the stones to come into "our house" and cheer on their team. I know when I go to Lamblow we wear our team colors and cheer on the Purple and if someone has a problem with that....f 'em...but for the most part...unless you're a complete jerk...things will be fine.
    Now...if you want to talk about rude fans....let's talk about Chicago fans in Solider field! I will NEVER go back to that stadium.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast