Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Meadowlands

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: The Meadowlands

"Mr Anderson" wrote:
    "Pha-Q" wrote:
    Anyone coming to NJ to see the game? If so how do you expect to be treated and what is your opinion of the fans here if you have made the trip in the past? Or what have you heard about us?
    Ive been to the meadowlands dozens of times, Ive been to 3 vikings games there, never mistreated. Ive even played in the meadowlands, at half time in like6th grade.

People always say "Oh the New York fans are terrible, they're drunks, and jackasses",

90% of that is false, however, there are some real morons every once in a while.
    Some of the 10% come here. :lol:

Pha-Q is offline Rookie

"Mr Anderson" wrote:
    "Pha-Q" wrote:
    Anyone coming to NJ to see the game? If so how do you expect to be treated and what is your opinion of the fans here if you have made the trip in the past? Or what have you heard about us?
    Ive been to the meadowlands dozens of times, Ive been to 3 vikings games there, never mistreated. Ive even played in the meadowlands, at half time in like6th grade.

People always say "Oh the New York fans are terrible, they're drunks, and jackasses",

90% of that is false, however, there are some real morons every once in a while.
    I agree. There are a holes every where. Even in Minnesota. It is they who get the press and then simple minded people accept it as the norm.

As far as pointing out grammar and spelling flaws I just hate to see hard working parent's tax dollars go to waste. It also helps me realize the mental capacity of who I am dealing with. Maybe if someone helped these people in the past and not ignored the pillaging of the language they would be better for it today. But no. Let's just let them continue on with a disadvantage in life right? I can't believe you think that is rude and obnoxious. It's obnoxious to ignore it.

Beaten man. Give me a break. Ridiculous.

"Pha-Q" wrote:
    "Mr Anderson" wrote:
    "Pha-Q" wrote:

I agree. There are a holes every where. Even in Minnesota. It is they who get the press and then simple minded people accept it as the norm.

As far as pointing out grammar and spelling flaws I just hate to see hard working parent's tax dollars go to waste. It also helps me realize the mental capacity of who I am dealing with. Maybe if someone helped these people in the past and not ignored the pillaging of the language they would be better for it today. But no. Let's just let them continue on with a disadvantage in life right? I can't believe you think that is rude and obnoxious. It's obnoxious to ignore it.

The member is very young. That help?

If you cannot talk about football without having to resort to spelling and grammar...get off the internet! I would have to think every forum based site has the same thing going on. Get over it. :roll:

Grassdog61 is offline Rookie

Been to many Vikings games in opposing team's stadiums - maybe I'm a glutton for punishment, but I actually enjoy being in the minority and wearing my Vikings attire. The taunting never has bothered me - most of it is good natured anyway (even in NY). Its no big deal. The way you take it is the key. Overall, the NFL experience is a great thing and there's nothing like supporting your team when you're outnumbered 500 - 1. But here's some advice - use some common sense and don't go acting like an obnoxious jacka$$, thinking you're gonna talk smack in someone else's house. If you do, all bets are off and good luck leaving the stadium.
    614f282e3c576bcf94e1d24d7a29bead

Pha-Q is offline Rookie

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Pha-Q" wrote:
    "Mr Anderson" wrote:
    "Pha-Q" wrote:

The member is very young. That help?

If you cannot talk about football without having to resort to spelling and grammar...get off the internet! I would have to think every forum based site has the same thing going on. Get over it. :roll:

Sure. Let's talk just like most of the players. Except no one will be there to hand us million dollar contracts and not care how well we communicate.

Are you saying since the subject is football we don't need to spell and communicate effectively? A lot of the time just re-reading your post before submitting can be helpful. Please say you're joking. The Giants forum has the same problems too. Deplorable no matter which team you like.

Del Rio Guest

So the guy that asks stupid questions, leaves, and then returns is now the grammar police?

He asks about peoples opinions and then cops an attitude when they answer is now analyzing grammar?

Excellent.

People who resort to questioning grammar have no leg to stand on. When a "debate" turns to one guy shooting way off the subject to knock a guy on his spelling, it just shows he didn't a valid argument to begin with.

In another post he already knocked Vikings fans. I don't think you will be around here very long so it's really not worth going into detail about it, but we have a lot of people on this site. A lot of people of various ages. At least two of our members actually are dyslectic.

Basically there is no reason for you to attempt to judge any of our members grammar, because you have no idea what the hell is going on. So if your not going to make a valid point worth reading then just shut the hell up.

I guarantee some moron on the internet (you), going out of your way to critique someone's grammar is not going to make that person say "You know what, I really need to work on my typing skills."

All it does is make you look more like a tool then you already have, which is hard to do, yet somehow you managed it just fine.

Pha-Q is offline Rookie

"Del Rio" wrote:
    So the guy that asks stupid questions, leaves, and then returns is now the grammar police?

He asks about peoples opinions and then cops an attitude when they answer is now analyzing grammar?

Excellent.

People who resort to questioning grammar have no leg to stand on. When a "debate" turns to one guy shooting way off the subject to knock a guy on his spelling, it just shows he didn't a valid argument to begin with.

In another post he already knocked Vikings fans. I don't think you will be around here very long so it's really not worth going into detail about it, but we have a lot of people on this site. A lot of people of various ages. At least two of our members actually are dyslectic.

Basically there is no reason for you to attempt to judge any of our members grammar, because you have no idea what the hell is going on. So if your not going to make a valid point worth reading then just shut the hell up.

I guarantee some silly guy on the internet (you), going out of your way to critique someone's grammar is not going to make that person say "You know what, I really need to work on my typing skills."

All it does is make you look more like a tool then you already have, which is hard to do, yet somehow you managed it just fine.
    Cry me a river, Jack. How many times did you proof read this post? Run it through spell checker a few times too didn't you? You throw the word "tool" around a lot. So who is it I'm a tool for? The English language? Guilty as charged. You are right. I won't be around too much longer. For different reasons than you may think.

BTW- There are tons of details in this wordy response of yours for someone who didn't want to go into detail. I'd hate to see a post from you on a topic you actually wanted to get into detail with.

I hope for an entertaining game with no injuries to either side.

"Pha-Q" wrote:
    Cry me a river, Jack. How many times did you proof read this post? Run it through spell checker a few times too didn't you? You throw the word "tool" around a lot. So who is it I'm a tool for? The English language? Guilty as charged. You are right. I won't be around too much longer. For different reasons than you may think.

BTW- There are tons of details in this wordy response of yours for someone who didn't want to go into detail. I'd hate to see a post from you on a topic you actually wanted to get into detail with.

So funny.

For a guy that has to resort to being a grammar troll, you should make sure your crap is straight.

"proofread" is one word. :roll:

Consider using some of these guys: , ; :
    They would help you sentence structure. :roll:

Its there "is". :roll:

Now you can probably find some errors with my writing. However, I am not the one with a boner for going to a Viking's website and being a spelling troll.

Does this make you feel better at night?

Pha-Q is offline Rookie

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Pha-Q" wrote:

So funny.

For a guy that has to resort to being a grammar troll, you should make sure your crap is straight.

"proofread" is one word. :roll:

Consider using some of these guys: , ; :
    They would help you sentence structure. :roll:

Its there "is". :roll:

Now you can probably find some errors with my writing. However, I am not the one with a boner for going to a Viking's website and being a spelling troll.

Does this make you feel better at night?

I thank you for your constructive criticism. I am always looking to improve. Aren't we all?

Prophet Guest

The Jints are going into the game over-confident. They have reason to be, but it could be a good game. I'm banking on it being a battle. Never trust an NFL team that shares a stadium with another...that's what my grandma told me anyway.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast