Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: KEY TO VIKES "WIN"...from a BEARS FAN..."PRESSURE & POSITION"

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    How do you consider the bears playing well right now. They just lost to NE (granted it was on the road against a very good opponenet) but they turned the ball over 5 times, had it handed to them 4 times and they scored a measly 13 points. The previous week they won 10-3, wow that is playing well. The week before that they didn't even show up the first half until about 1:30 left and that was only because the Giants played prevent D on 3rd and extremely long and gave up a long run. To say they are playing well is a huge overstatement. I'm not saying the vikes are going to win, because odds tell us we're not going to, but to say the bears are playing well is incorrect in my opinion.
    My fellow BEARS fans hate me for it, but I have to agree. They are NOT playing well. They are just barely squeaking by. Ever since Arizona, and the second half of the San Francisco game.
    Grossman, is really holding up to his namesake....and the "D" is just out to lunch. Compared to what they were in the first 5 games this year.

The "D" is still GOOD. But, not the fearsome that they were in the beginning. They have gotten a bit lax, imo.
    And, I fear, with the exception to the Vikes of course, that the lack of competition, in front of them, will make them complacent come the Playoffs.

--------------------
    www.dabearz.com
    --------------------

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Guitarzan-54" wrote:
    "VKG4LFE" wrote:
    How do you consider the bears playing well right now. They just lost to NE (granted it was on the road against a very good opponenet) but they turned the ball over 5 times, had it handed to them 4 times and they scored a measly 13 points. The previous week they won 10-3, wow that is playing well. The week before that they didn't even show up the first half until about 1:30 left and that was only because the Giants played prevent D on 3rd and extremely long and gave up a long run. To say they are playing well is a huge overstatement. I'm not saying the vikes are going to win, because odds tell us we're not going to, but to say the bears are playing well is incorrect in my opinion.
    My fellow BEARS fans hate me for it, but I have to agree. They are NOT playing well. They are just barely squeaking by. Ever since Arizona, and the second half of the San Francisco game.
    Grossman, is really holding up to his namesake....and the "D" is just out to lunch. Compared to what they were in the first 5 games this year.

The "D" is still GOOD. But, not the fearsome that they were in the beginning. They have gotten a bit lax, imo.
    And, I fear, with the exception to the Vikes of course, that the lack of competition, in front of them, will make them complacent come the Playoffs.

lmao, talk about being PC.
    You point out the weaknesses of your team and then say, "with the exception of the Vikings of course/"
    ;D Say what you really think.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

"Acumen" wrote:
    "Guitarzan-54" wrote:
    "VKG4LFE" wrote:

You point out the weaknesses of your team and then say, "with the exception of the Vikings of course/"

Say what????

I'm saying that, due to the weaknesses' of the BEARS, the Vikes will be a great adisary this Sunday.
    I am saying that even though they are still very good, they are NOT the powerhouse that they were in the first five games.
    I'm also saying, that besides the Vikes, I don't believe that the remaining teams are strong enough to do anything about our BEARS' weaknesses. Thus, being unchallenged, will only make them even more complacent come the Playoffs.

What's so hard to understand about that???? ;D

--------------------
    www.dabearz.com
    --------------------

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Guitarzan-54" wrote:
    "Acumen" wrote:
    "Guitarzan-54" wrote:
    "VKG4LFE" wrote:

Say what????

I'm saying that, due to the weaknesses' of the BEARS, the Vikes will be a great adisary this Sunday.
    I am saying that even though they are still very good, they are NOT the powerhouse that they were in the first five games.
    I'm also saying, that besides the Vikes, I don't believe that the remaining teams are strong enough to do anything about our BEARS' weaknesses. Thus, being unchallenged, will only make them even more complacent come the Playoffs.

What's so hard to understand about that???? ;D

I actually agree with your analysis of the Bears.
    The Vikings are getting closer to becoming a good team, but the inconsistencies go far beyond any individual player.
    I don't know enough about the Bears to pick them apart by position, but the Vikings have been inconsistent from week to week in damn near every aspect of their game.
    If they can get it together for a week and have all three units play they could beat any team.
    The matchup with the Bears is close though.
    Will be a battle and it appears it will take place in the old-school conditions like the black n blue division was meant to be played in.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Yeah, I understood what you said guitarzan. I just think that the bears start off so hot (at least the last two times they've won the division) and then they get a bye in the first round of the playoffs and then a visiting team comes in and just whoops them at home (IMO that's what Carolina and Philly did).

I'm not going to say I hope the bears win when it comes time for the playoffs, because I really don't but I would hope that they would actually make a game out of it especially at home coming off a bye.

Honestly, I think the bears will beat us. Coming off a loss, chance to wrap up the division, at home, our o sucks, etc. But this is almost a trap game and one that the vikes really need to get back into/stay in the playoff hunt. Come Sunday it will be interesting.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Yes, and the Patriots completely shut down the Vikings in Minnesota too. I think the top AFC teams are better than the NFC right now.

However, the Bears are probably the best of the NFC right now. They have the best record by far, can lose a few games and still easily win the NFC North, get a first week playoff bye, and have home field advantage in Chicago.

It is hard to believe the NFC is this weak this year.

I grew up outside of Chicago and have had my fair share of Viking bashing when the Bears are playing well. I still want the Vikings to win each time.

But one bad game (which the Bears still almost won) doesn't make for a bad season. Heck, the Bears have only lost two games.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"WaywardHoosier" wrote:
    Yes, and the Patriots completely shut down the Vikings in Minnesota too. I think the top AFC teams are better than the NFC right now.

However, the Bears are probably the best of the NFC right now. They have the best record by far, can lose a few games and still easily win the NFC North, get a first week playoff bye, and have home field advantage in Chicago.

It is hard to believe the NFC is this weak this year.

I grew up outside of Chicago and have had my fair share of Viking bashing when the Bears are playing well. I still want the Vikings to win each time.

But one bad game (which the Bears still almost won) doesn't make for a bad season. Heck, the Bears have only lost two games.
    Correction...the REFS shut down the Vikings in that Patriots game.
    That had to be the WORST job of officiating this season!!!

I will admit that their WRs made our DBs look like idiots though...but that game would hav been alot closer if there wouldn't have been so many bad calls!!!
    >
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

I am a firm believer in supporting our division. But, I am also a FOOTBALL FAN, FIRST, and a BEARS FAN Second.
    I LOVE FOOTBALL, and then I LOVE Da BEARS.

That said, the way I see it...I want our DIVISION to WIN the BIG ONE!

When the BEARS have a chance, I of course, am 110% behind my BEARS.
    But, when the BEARS are out of it, then I turn to my Division.
    If it happens to be the Vikes, or the Pack, or the Lions...I'M GOING TO STAND BEHIND MY DIVISION. PERIOD.
    I have no hatred for a fellow Division Team. A RIVALRY?...YES!
    But, when my team has fallen, then I am in the bars...backing you guys, all the way.

I was there for the Vikings. And, I was there for the Packers. Haven't been there yet for the LIONS....LOL!!!!

But, if and when the day comes, I will be there for them also.
    And I will be wearing my BEARS jersey.

I would hope, as FANS OF THE GAME, FIRST....That you might do the same.

I just see it differently, I guess. When the Rivalry shifts, ya gotta back your Division.

See ya Sunday guys!!!!!

Here's to an AZZKICKING DEFENSIVE DOG FIGHT!...and NO INJURIES!!!!!

--------------------
    www.dabearz.com
    --------------------

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Correction...the REFS shut down the Vikings in that Patriots game.
    That had to be the WORST job of officiating this season!!!

I will admit that their WRs made our DBs look like idiots though...but that game would hav been alot closer if there wouldn't have been so many bad calls!!!
    >
    So sayeth Cajun from behind the purple-colored glasses.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

We saw in the Metrodome what the Bears have on the table.
    A couple of lucky bounces go the other way and we win that game.
    They didn't, we didn't.

We've seen all season that the Bears are prone to sloppy tackling - and that opens up the running game.
    Where they excell is getting pressure on the QB (Something we haven't been able to do much of late).

What is most sobering is their ability to create turnovers.
    17 ints and 17 recovered fumbles (we have 12 and 8 respectively).
    That, more than anything else, has put them where they are today.

This team will not beat us on the ground...that simply won't happen.
    That forces them to go to the air where we are vulnerable.
    Of course, if we rattle Rex, we may be able to turn that to our advantage.
    If not, it could be a long day.

Our Offense, in turn, has been less than stellar (crappy) all season - except versus Seattle and Arizona.
    If the oft talked about, seldom seen "efficient" offense shows up - for the third time all season - we have a chance to steal one from the Bears.
    If not...well...San Fran, Green Bay, and Miami all showed what happens when our Offense doesn't show up.

Chicago is not the best team we've faced all season....but I hope they become the best team we beat all season after tomorrow.

Caine

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast