Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    PackerPride is offline Training Camp

Just one month ago...

The Viking fans were proclaming "how washed up Favre is" and "how Pepper is the next super-QB". I'm not here to to bash DC or any other Viking. It just seems kinda funny how you don't play a single game, yet you can proclaim the Super Bowl, the next great QB, a defense the league has been missing since the '85 Bears, ect. Atleast the Packer fans weren't expecting anything great this year. True we are only 4 games into the season, but how many still pick the Vikes going to the Super Bowl, not many I hope. If you had a choice, would you trade DC for Favre for one year, or are you guys still homers? I truly believe Favre could make your offense much better, plus take some of the pressure off your "D". I expect flames incoming, just please try to be a football realist when you do, as I have always given these boards my respect. :smile:

Re: Just one month ago...

Too add to my post...
    I would have trade any single player (besides Favre) and a #1 pick to the Vikes for Moss. I hated the guy but respected the hell out of him. Players like that happen once every 5 years. Also, don;t get me wrong, the Packers have made plenty of dumb moves over the years. Can anyone say Tony "Mandwich" over Barry "The best RB ever" Sanders?

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

Nobody could forsee the Coaching faliure/crisis that we ran into. We also lost Birk which made us all nervous.... Needless to say though, I am sure we are all dissapointed. I have a feeling that Wilf really does a top-shape job in replacing our coaching staff next season, until then, it will be some interesting weeks of football...

Bubba_ND is offline Rookie

Trust me farve would be crying for new offense of line after the first game.

I would still take Pep for this year, reason is if we make a comeback or have chance in the playoffs he can make anything happen, not the gunslinger who all announcers feel sorry for sorry, but its true. I dont think farve would like scrambling every play, and I would take Peps running ablity anyday over farves.

I think if we do make it to the playoffs we have aq good shot at taking it all the way, just becuz we have the talent to do anything, the problem is getting there and overcoming difficulties.

I DO agree. I think you guys got a top-class owner in in Wilf. He will turn your team around in time ( and it shouldn't take TOO long).

If I was the Vikes owner (and maybe that's a good thing I'm not) I would have traded DC for "Fitzgerald or Bolden" and a 1st round pick. Imagine having Leinart and Maroney in next years draft. You guys would be pulling a dallas of the early 90's. Granted, you might not win the SB next year, but if you grabbed an O-lineman or two and Arrington in the FA market, who knows.

OK have 8 recievers, and why is it that ur trying to make are team better, do you really want to see Pep leave, Hmm wonder why.

Plus dennis green would have to be out of his mind getting rid of his combo WR's and have culp throw to who?

And to add to my post again, :roll:
    You guys have some talent at the WR spot to make some noise, even if not with DC atm.

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

"PackerPride" wrote:
    I DO agree. I think you guys got a top-class owner in in Wilf. He will turn your team around in time ( and it shouldn't take TOO long).

If I was the Vikes owner (and maybe that's a good thing I'm not) I would have traded DC for "Fitzgerald or Bolden" and a 1st round pick. Imagine having Leinart and Maroney in next years draft. You guys would be pulling a dallas of the early 90's. Granted, you might not win the SB next year, but if you grabbed an O-lineman or two and Arrington in the FA market, who knows.
    First of all, why would we draft Maroney and then sign Arrington out of FA?
    Second, You don't trade away franchise QB's.
    Third, I need to feed my dog.

Its not like we have no chance of winning the North division, what does the Cards and Vikes give up in week 6, that would hurt me more than anything and im sure every other fan, to give up when we have a chance and just wasting this season.

i think he was refering to Arrington the LB fromt he Redskins, i dont understand why we didnt even try to trade for him, makes me wonder.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast