Thread: J-E-T-S

Jetsknicks1 is offline Waterboy

Re: J-E-T-S

jmcdon00 wrote:
    jetstream1066 wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    jetstream1066 wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    I think the team that has success running will win this game, as neither passing game is very good at the moment.
    Definetly a winnable game though, IMHO.
    Really? Sanchez has 8 td's and 0 picks in his past 3 games and has 0 picks on the season. His completion % is a bit low but he has been very effective. This is defly a winnable game for Minn and I think this game will be determined by the offensive lines being able to protect the QB. Minn has an excellent pass rush that the Jets need to contain.
    Good point, and wow. 8td 0picks is amazing.
    Still though the Jets are ranked 25th in pass yards per game, and were 31st a year ago. They are a run first team, if we shut down the run I don't think the Jets will beat us through the air.
    Same goes for the Jets, if they shut down the run I'm not confident the Vikings can win through the air.
    Sanchez has certainly showed some maturing the past 3 games...I agree, their passing yards per games is low as it was last year, but that is a direct reflection of the strong running game. They don't have to rely on the pass like some teams do. I disagree with 1 of your points...I think the jets can definately beat the Vikes through the air. Holmes is returning and is an excellent receiver...Keller and Edwards are off to excellent starts and they are going up against a moderate secondary. The key is giving Sanchez enough time to throw the ball when necessary which will be tough against the Vikes strong front line
    If the Vikes shut down the run game, I don't think Sanchez will beat them alone.
    While you have to give sanchez props, I'm not convinced the trend will continue. The run game has averaged 185yards a game the last 3 weeks. Most teams don't get half that against the Vikings stellar run D.
    Should be a good game, both teams will get a good test.
    I look forward to watching our run game against your run D, should be fun.

I liked drafting Sanchez from the start, but we're still not sure what we have yet. He's been playing excellent so far but the test will be when he does throw that first pick or two He'll need to avoid the total implosion that he went thru a couple times last season.
    None

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

This all hinges on what the Vikings have accomplished since the last game. Have they made good progress? Have some injuries healed? Will Harvin have a headache?

The team that played the Lions can't beat the Jets.

A new team better show up......or my dire predictions will be well on the way to coming true.

:woohoo:
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

jetstream1066 is offline Waterboy

Infidel wrote:
    This all hinges on what the Vikings have accomplished since the last game. Have they made good progress? Have some injuries healed? Will Harvin have a headache?

The team that played the Lions can't beat the Jets.

A new team better show up......or my dire predictions will be well on the way to coming true.

:woohoo:
    Yeah...the Vikes certainly have a few more question marks than the Jets....plus we are getting holmes...pace and revis back
    None

SickOFitALL is offline Training Camp

Revis, might wanna hold on coming back this week if randy is in town...
    None

Jetsknicks1 is offline Waterboy

SickOFitALL wrote:
    Moss to the Vikes= uh oh! That would defly change our gameplan.
    None

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Jetsknicks1 wrote:
    Thanks for the welcome.
    No I won't be at the game. I live in Florida. I did make it to the Pats game a couple weeks ago.
    Yes, it's true. I really do root for the Knicks (Hangs head in shame). It's a disease.
    It's all good. I'm a Knick and Islander fan. Originally from NJ so 3 of the 4 big sports I root for NY teams. I also like the Mets.

Don't worry. Someday the Knicks will return. I just don't know when. Islanders - it's been over 25 years since the great days and they've stunk ever since. Mets are here and there.

Jetsknicks1 wrote:
    SickOFitALL wrote:
    Moss to the Vikes= uh oh! That would defly change our gameplan.
    If Moss is here....that defly changes the gameplan. Although Moss and Favre are vets...it would be nice to see them both be on different pages
    None

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

ejmat wrote:
    Jetsknicks1 wrote:
    Thanks for the welcome.
    No I won't be at the game. I live in Florida. I did make it to the Pats game a couple weeks ago.
    Yes, it's true. I really do root for the Knicks (Hangs head in shame). It's a disease.
    I'm a Knick , I also like the Mets.
    Wow! First person I know is Knick and a Mets fan (like me,also like Redsox in bb) besides being a Viking fan of course.You arenīt gonna be as dumb as I thought at first...
    El underdog.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

El Vikingo wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    Jetsknicks1 wrote:
    Thanks for the welcome.
    Wow! First person I know is Knick and a Mets fan (like me,also like Redsox in bb) besides being a Viking fan of course.You arenīt gonna be as dumb as I thought at first...

I also root for the Mets (as ejmat knows), Knicks and Islanders, so not much to root for this year. Everything hinges on the Vikings now. hmy:
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

El Vikingo wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    Jetsknicks1 wrote:
    Thanks for the welcome.
    he is my brother...and trust me...he's pretty dumb..lol
    None

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast