Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: J-E-T-S

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Re: J-E-T-S

FlashGordon wrote:
    Noric,

Cut back on the beer & pot. The Jets moved to the Meadowlands in 1984. The 60,000 no-show game was in 1996.
    Hey Flash,

WElcome to the site, and looking forward to a great game at the new stadium.
    Yea, those beers and wacky weed, probably killed off their share of some brain cells in my head over the years. But today I'm clean and serene...Remember, I'm going back about a good 25 plus years ago.
    Your correct, it could have easily been 84, but just seems even longer ago than that. As for the NO SHOWS, it was that same game I attended, Bills VS Jets in the Meadowlands. I know the Bills went to the Super Bowl that year also, but maybe it wasn't against the Giants, just another moment of trying to remeber the far gone past. Yes, It was freezing, Yes, they announced the most no shows to an NFL Regular Season Game Ever....I'll go do some searching and see if I can narrow down the exact game date and year.... As for the 60 thousand no shows in 96, what was that all about??????

Again, Welcome to PPO.
    Note: Sanchez has been given more and more of an open play book, as the games go by and he only gets better. He's been putting the ball downfield to his recievers with good results. Deep passing game plus your running game and LT running like he's 5 years younger, meens only good things for your team, and we better come of the bye week, ready to stop your improving O.....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

JetsKnicks pretty much hit the nail on the head I think.

But I'll add some shit anyway.

I'm actually a little more comfortable about our offensive line this week. The Jets pass rush is gap oriented, strong up the middle, well disguised. We struggle with pressure off the edge, something they lack. Especially without Calvin Pace(if he does return, it will be for limited snaps. He just got back to practice on Wednesday.) Obviously, our weakness against the pass rush is against speed off the edge. They'll show us a corner or safety blitz off the edge a couple times I'm sure, but the real concern is their linebackers coming in on trails and delays. Theres' going to be pressure on our backs to pick up the blitz at times, I think it's up to Favre to recognize where the pressure is coming from, but that won't be easy.

On offense I think we absolutely need to play Harvin out of the slot. Kyle Wilson's struggled a bit in the past couple of weeks, and if Revis remains out(which he may, it's almost pointless to play an injured corner that good against our WRs)he won't be the nickel. Either way I think we could really take advantage of the Harvin-Wilson/Coleman/Lowery matchup.

I think we need to utilize Berrian's speed to pick on their safeties when/if they're in deep zones. I'd like to see us draw Cromartie off of Berrian in those zone situations by running a back/te/slot wr into the flat. Don't let their best athlete run with Berrian, he can. Pool and Leonhard cannot.

Don't load up the line of scrimmage. We need to focus on getting Peterson to the second level. No getting hit in the backfield, this isn't the lions defense. The Jets front 7 are tenacious and can tackle, they're gonna get after us in the running game, the worst thing we can do is put more of them in the box. A lot of Peterson's success against the lions came on lighter sets than we've been using this season...who could have seen that coming?

Defensively, stop the run. Force Sanchez to do a lot. Disrupt WRs at the line of scrimmage. I want to see Winfield on Holmes all game whether he's outside or in the slot(really press him, first game back and a small guy, not very physical.) And Griffin/Cook on Edwards, he's been picking on smaller corners this season, both Cook and Griffin are over 6 foot. If there's someone other than Holmes in the slot, move Cook in on him, if there's someone other than Holmes split wide opposite of Edwards w/ Holmes in the slot, Cook's on the wide.

I'm really looking forward to this game. Not only because I'm in Jet country, 3 of my roommates are Jets fans, most of my friends from home are Jets fans, but because this is going to be an awesome game.

Win or lose, I think we'll learn a lot about our team come Monday. We will have had some real practice time for Favre to get in sync with the wide receivers, we'll have fresh legs. Maybe Childress/Bevell given extra time will have produced a nice game plan, but I doubt it. I'm really looking forward to this game, hopefully I can get there, if not, I'm used to watching the Vikes on TV anyway.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

NordicNed wrote:
    FlashGordon wrote:
    Noric,

Cut back on the beer & pot. The Jets moved to the Meadowlands in 1984. The 60,000 no-show game was in 1996.
    Hey Flash,

WElcome to the site, and looking forward to a great game at the new stadium.
    Yea, those beers and wacky weed, probably killed off their share of some brain cells in my head over the years. But today I'm clean and serene...Remember, I'm going back about a good 25 plus years ago.
    Your correct, it could have easily been 84, but just seems even longer ago than that. As for the NO SHOWS, it was that same game I attended, Bills VS Jets in the Meadowlands. I know the Bills went to the Super Bowl that year also, but maybe it wasn't against the Giants, just another moment of trying to remeber the far gone past. Yes, It was freezing, Yes, they announced the most no shows to an NFL Regular Season Game Ever....I'll go do some searching and see if I can narrow down the exact game date and year.... As for the 60 thousand no shows in 96, what was that all about??????
    It was about being 1-15, one of the worst teams ever. I remember Aaron Glenn returning a Marino pick 100yards(or more?) for a TD that year, I watched it at my uncle's house, but that's about all I remember from that season, which isn't too bad considering I was 7 years old.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Jetsknicks1 wrote:
    Hello all. Jet fan here gearing up for Monday's game. This should be one hell of a game. I look forward to some tough hard hitting football, with more defense than offense. On our end, we need to limit AP and not let him go off. We need to pressure Favre and force him into mistakes and we need somebody to kidnap Jared allen and not release him til after the game.

I think you guys need to obviously limit LT & Greene in the running game and try to make Sanchez try to do to much.

Welcome to the site jetsknicks1. That's a good call. If either team can stop the run and force the QB to win it, that will be huge. The Jets have an excellent receiving corps now with Holmes back. Edwards hasn't been dropping balls, and Keller is Sanchez's key guy. If we stop the run, and pressure Sanchez, we can win. On the other side of the ball, see Mr. A's excellent post above.

2 questions for you jetsknicks1:

- Are you going to the game?
    - Do you really root for the Knicks?
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

jetstream1066 wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    I think the team that has success running will win this game, as neither passing game is very good at the moment.
    Definetly a winnable game though, IMHO.
    Really? Sanchez has 8 td's and 0 picks in his past 3 games and has 0 picks on the season. His completion % is a bit low but he has been very effective. This is defly a winnable game for Minn and I think this game will be determined by the offensive lines being able to protect the QB. Minn has an excellent pass rush that the Jets need to contain.

True. After that Ravens game, Schottenheimer must have had a revelation. The run game has been great, which has opened up the passing game. And he is mixing plays nicely. Sanchez has been much better than I thought he would be. The pass to Keller in the end zone was perfect...he put it where only Keller could have caught it.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

jetstream1066 wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    I think the team that has success running will win this game, as neither passing game is very good at the moment.
    Really? Sanchez has 8 td's and 0 picks in his past 3 games and has 0 picks on the season. His completion % is a bit low but he has been very effective. This is defly a winnable game for Minn and I think this game will be determined by the offensive lines being able to protect the QB. Minn has an excellent pass rush that the Jets need to contain.
    Good point, and wow. 8td 0picks is amazing.
    Still though the Jets are ranked 25th in pass yards per game, and were 31st a year ago. They are a run first team, if we shut down the run I don't think the Jets will beat us through the air.
    Same goes for the Jets, if they shut down the run I'm not confident the Vikings can win through the air.

jetstream1066 is offline Waterboy

VikingMike wrote:
    jetstream1066 wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:

True. After that Ravens game, Schottenheimer must have had a revelation. The run game has been great, which has opened up the passing game. And he is mixing plays nicely. Sanchez has been much better than I thought he would be. The pass to Keller in the end zone was perfect...he put it where only Keller could have caught it.
    Exactly...I have no idea what has gotten into Shotty the past 3 games. I am very vocal on the Jets forum about not liking Shotty but I can't really complain about him. Primarily out of spite, I'm hoping Favre returns to his erratic play he showed for the Jets 2 seasons ago
    None

jetstream1066 is offline Waterboy

jmcdon00 wrote:
    jetstream1066 wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    Still though the Jets are ranked 25th in pass yards per game, and were 31st a year ago. They are a run first team, if we shut down the run I don't think the Jets will beat us through the air.
    Same goes for the Jets, if they shut down the run I'm not confident the Vikings can win through the air.
    Sanchez has certainly showed some maturing the past 3 games...I agree, their passing yards per games is low as it was last year, but that is a direct reflection of the strong running game. They don't have to rely on the pass like some teams do. I disagree with 1 of your points...I think the jets can definately beat the Vikes through the air. Holmes is returning and is an excellent receiver...Keller and Edwards are off to excellent starts and they are going up against a moderate secondary. The key is giving Sanchez enough time to throw the ball when necessary which will be tough against the Vikes strong front line
    None

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

jetstream1066 wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    jetstream1066 wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    Sanchez has certainly showed some maturing the past 3 games...I agree, their passing yards per games is low as it was last year, but that is a direct reflection of the strong running game. They don't have to rely on the pass like some teams do. I disagree with 1 of your points...I think the jets can definately beat the Vikes through the air. Holmes is returning and is an excellent receiver...Keller and Edwards are off to excellent starts and they are going up against a moderate secondary. The key is giving Sanchez enough time to throw the ball when necessary which will be tough against the Vikes strong front line
    If the Vikes shut down the run game, I don't think Sanchez will beat them alone.
    While you have to give sanchez props, I'm not convinced the trend will continue. The run game has averaged 185yards a game the last 3 weeks. Most teams don't get half that against the Vikings stellar run D.
    Should be a good game, both teams will get a good test.

Jetsknicks1 is offline Waterboy

Thanks for the welcome.
    No I won't be at the game. I live in Florida. I did make it to the Pats game a couple weeks ago.
    Yes, it's true. I really do root for the Knicks (Hangs head in shame). It's a disease.
    None

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast