Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: J-E-T-S

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

J-E-T-S

The Jets have a very good defense. They rely on a lot of pressure from many different looks. Our O line has its hands full this week. Granted this was the Bills, but they were 0-for-10 in 3rd down conversions.

Jets Rewind: Analyzing the Good, Bad & Ugly in 38-14 win over Bills in Week 4
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re: J-E-T-S

All I know is we need to beat this team. I don't think we've beaten the Jets since the 60s. I am from NJ and hate them along with the rest of the ban waggon fans. It's funny how when I lived there 20+ years ago you couldn't find a Jet or Giant fan for that matter. Everyone there liked teams other than the "home" teams in football.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

ejmat wrote:
    All I know is we need to beat this team. I don't think we've beaten the Jets since the 60s. I am from NJ and hate them along with the rest of the ban waggon fans. It's funny how when I lived there 20+ years ago you couldn't find a Jet or Giant fan for that matter. Everyone there liked teams other than the "home" teams in football.
    http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/min/#headtohead

The Vikings are 1-7 all-time vs. the Jets, winning only the 1975 game at the Met 29-21. Here is the series history:
    2006 - Loss - 13-26 - Home
    2002 - Loss - 7-20 - Away
    1997 - Loss - 21-23 - Away
    1994 - Loss - 21-31 - Home
    1982 - Loss - 14-42 - Home
    1979 - Loss - 7-14 - Away
    1975 - Win - 29-21 - Home
    1970 - Loss - 10-20 - Away

The one thing that I take from this is just how much I like the balanced rotating schedule. Look at the 12-year gap between 1982 and 1994! That stinks.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

1-7? wow
    El underdog.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

I think the team that has success running will win this game, as neither passing game is very good at the moment.
    Definetly a winnable game though, IMHO.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

I've been to one Jets game in my lifetime, next Monday will be my second. That first one, I'll never forget, oh what a trip and game it was....LMAO

It was way back in 1979---1981, one of those years, I'de have to look it up to figure out exactly which year it was, maybe one of you could guess or figure it out, with my story and the clues it holds.

After an all nighter with some dear friends, we found ourselves with still a half cooler full of beer, some wacky weed, and hung over from the night before, it was a Sunday morning and we where not known for just laying around those days. Often we would just come up with a spur of the moment thought and go for it. Well this Sunday morning, my dear friend Chris P., spits out, "Lets go watch a football game in NYC" we all shock our heads and said "why not!" Into his van we jumped and off we went.
    Two hours later, we find ourselves pulling into the parking lot of the Meadowlands, home to the NY Giants and NY Jets. Well the place was almost completely deserted!!!!! We first acked eachother, Is it Sunday???? It sure was, but then we asked ourselves, are both NYC teams playing road games??? We didn't think so, we had never seen or heard of that happening before. Suddenly there was a knock on the van window, my friend rolls it down and this man offers us tickets, he had a hand full of them, and I meen a hand full! There was 5 of us, and we thought that would be a problem, with us getting to all sit together, not this day. We purchased 5 upper level tickets, all seated together.
    Now your probably asking, where is everyone, well I have yet to mention the weather. It was clear blue skys, but very heavy winds, and temps where in the Teens, with the wind factor, temps seemed well below 0 F. But when it's that cold, nothing you do seems to warm you. It was Jan. or Very late Dec...A very cold New England Winter day. Back to the tickets, face value back then was probably like $25 bucks for these seats, the guy was so hard up to sell them, we paid $5 bucks a piece, $25 for the gang...
    We did some tailgating, inside the van and slowly but surely, we noticed other die hard, or Stupid, fans showing up, but still not many by gametime. We where seated in our seats for kick off and the stadium looked empty. We where seated on the West side of the stadium, faceing the Sun, so we did get some sort of comfort, saying to ourselves the sun would help warm us. We weren't he only ones with this thought, ALL, and I meen ALL Fans attending were doing the same thing, and continued to for the whole game. As fans, we sat in the sun, and during the game, as the sun moved and areas went from sunny to shaddowed areas, so did the fans. It was like a fan WAVE LOL We moved as the sun moved.
    The game was the last or next to last game of the regular season, Jets sucked! as they normaly did back then, and the Bill's where almost a dynesty team back then, and this year they had already clinched their AFC Conf., title and looked like they where for sure, headed to the Super Bowl, which they did do that year, only to lose, I believe to the Giants?????
    Back to the game, it was bitterly cold, I meen, bone crunching cold! I was an avid Ice fisherman back then, and even I wouldn't have fished for long, with the temps and conditions we where dealing with on that game day.
    Two funny things that game, one, at halftime, they announced on the loud speaker that, we had set a new NFL record that day as fans. It was the NFL's worst showing for # of fans to show up to watch a game. If I remember correctly, it was like only 5,000 fans who attended..The stadium looked empty. Also, the Bills man handled the Jets, and they started almost their whole second string lineup, both sides of the ball.....
    But here is the kicker, and I bet somewhere in NFL Classics film storage warehouse, you will find a clip of 5 crazy NFL Fans, sitting at the highest point of Meadowlands Stadium, sitting in the shade, smoking a doobie.....LMAO Yup, we pulled that stunt off, figuring they would have to put us on TV, and pointing out these crazy frozen fans, up in the worst of worst, parts of the stadium seating for that day. Yes, it was I, and my 4 buddies. Yes, we did make TV, as a number of our friends who stayed home that day, watched that game and said they zeroed in on us, and made some comment on how crazy we where. 5 facing 5,000 what a funny feeling and site that was....Bills killed the Jets that day, and I don't think anyone cared..LOL
    I'm hoping for another Jet's lose this coming Monday, but better viewing conditions, I think we will get both!

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Jetsknicks1 is offline Waterboy

Hello all. Jet fan here gearing up for Monday's game. This should be one hell of a game. I look forward to some tough hard hitting football, with more defense than offense. On our end, we need to limit AP and not let him go off. We need to pressure Favre and force him into mistakes and we need somebody to kidnap Jared allen and not release him til after the game.

I think you guys need to obviously limit LT & Greene in the running game and try to make Sanchez try to do to much.
    None

jetstream1066 is offline Waterboy

jmcdon00 wrote:
    I think the team that has success running will win this game, as neither passing game is very good at the moment.
    Definetly a winnable game though, IMHO.
    Really? Sanchez has 8 td's and 0 picks in his past 3 games and has 0 picks on the season. His completion % is a bit low but he has been very effective. This is defly a winnable game for Minn and I think this game will be determined by the offensive lines being able to protect the QB. Minn has an excellent pass rush that the Jets need to contain.
    None

FlashGordon is offline Waterboy

Noric,

Cut back on the beer & pot. The Jets moved to the Meadowlands in 1984. The 60,000 no-show game was in 1996.
    None

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Jetsknicks1 wrote:
    Hello all. Jet fan here gearing up for Monday's game. This should be one hell of a game. I look forward to some tough hard hitting football, with more defense than offense. On our end, we need to limit AP and not let him go off. We need to pressure Favre and force him into mistakes and we need somebody to kidnap Jared allen and not release him til after the game.

I think you guys need to obviously limit LT & Greene in the running game and try to make Sanchez try to do to much.
    Welcome to the site. It should be a good game. We just have to see which team from both sides show up. LT is looking good. I wish he came to us.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast