Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30
  1. #11
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,569

    Re: It's going down.

    Panthers won't score at all.

  2. #12
    FlVikesFan is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    12

    Re: It's going down.

    I don't think anyone believes this game will be a cake walk.
    I just don't think with all of the major injuries the Panthers are dealing with combined with the Vikings new determination to beat down an opponent until the fourth quarter that the Panthers will be able to pull this one out.
    If Steve Smith was 100% it would be a much different game.
    Lucky for us we are catching the Panters at the right time.

  3. #13
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: It's going down.

    "SmootHasAids" wrote:

    I don't think this game is going to be very close. The Panthers are pissed off and check the record of them coming into a game after a loss. It's rather impressive.

    Carolina: 23
    Vikings:13
    [img width=400 height=266]http://s87266680.onlinehome.us/avatars/forum/suidog.jpg[/img]

  4. #14
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: It's going down.

    "panthers55" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    check the record of them coming into a game after a loss. It's rather impressive.

    LOL.
    Yeah it's impressive alright.
    In 2004 you had a 6 game losing streak.
    In 2002 it was an 8 game losing streak.


    Just because you had a good year last year doesn't mean squat about this season.
    Let's look at your record season by season:
    2002
    7-9
    (SUCKED - 8 game losing streak)
    2003
    11-5 (GOOD - made it to the superbowl)
    2004
    7-9
    (SUCKED - 6 game losing streak)
    2005 11-5 (GOOD - made it the the NFC Championship)

    Anyone else notice a pattern here?
    Every other year the Panthers SUCK!
    Sorry SHA, but you need to prepare yourself for another long losing streak and a sub .500 season. ;D
    Actually you have some of the facts but not many of them.
    In 2001 under Seifert we went 1-15.
    In 2002, Fox's first year he took the same team to a 7-9 record which was a huge improvement.
    The next year he went all the way to the Superbowl.
    In 2004 we had 14 starters on IR and started 1-7.
    Fox righted the ship and finished 6-2 to just miss the playoffs.
    That year we were down to our 5th running back, the dline was decimated as was the Oline,e tc, etc.
    Last year we picked up where we left off and went 11-5.
    That was of course after starting 1-2 losing the first game to NO and the third to Miami after beating the Patriots in the second.
    This year there have been injuries but we are deeper than we have ever been.
    Will we win??? It depends on which team shows up but expect a much bigger battle this week.
    Anyone who thinks this will be a cakewalk for the Vikings will likely suffer the same fate that we did last week.
    [img width=400 height=245]http://s87266680.onlinehome.us/avatars/forum/postchart.jpg[/img]

  5. #15
    Caine's Avatar
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,139

    Re: It's going down.

    "panthers55" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    check the record of them coming into a game after a loss. It's rather impressive.

    LOL.
    Yeah it's impressive alright.
    In 2004 you had a 6 game losing streak.
    In 2002 it was an 8 game losing streak.


    Just because you had a good year last year doesn't mean squat about this season.
    Let's look at your record season by season:
    2002
    7-9
    (SUCKED - 8 game losing streak)
    2003
    11-5 (GOOD - made it to the superbowl)
    2004
    7-9
    (SUCKED - 6 game losing streak)
    2005 11-5 (GOOD - made it the the NFC Championship)

    Anyone else notice a pattern here?
    Every other year the Panthers SUCK!
    Sorry SHA, but you need to prepare yourself for another long losing streak and a sub .500 season. ;D
    Actually you have some of the facts but not many of them.
    In 2001 under Seifert we went 1-15.
    In 2002, Fox's first year he took the same team to a 7-9 record which was a huge improvement.
    The next year he went all the way to the Superbowl.
    In 2004 we had 14 starters on IR and started 1-7.
    Fox righted the ship and finished 6-2 to just miss the playoffs.
    That year we were down to our 5th running back, the dline was decimated as was the Oline,e tc, etc.
    Last year we picked up where we left off and went 11-5.
    That was of course after starting 1-2 losing the first game to NO and the third to Miami after beating the Patriots in the second.
    This year there have been injuries but we are deeper than we have ever been.
    Will we win??? It depends on which team shows up but expect a much bigger battle this week.
    Anyone who thinks this will be a cakewalk for the Vikings will likely suffer the same fate that we did last week.
    Excellent post.
    I agree that Carolina isn't a team to take for granted.
    CAN we win?
    Absolutely.
    I think this will be another excellent game to watch and I look forward to it.

    C'mon back anytime, Panthers55.

    Caine

  6. #16
    thevikingfan's Avatar
    thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,489

    Re: It's going down.

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "SmootHasAids" wrote:

    I don't think this game is going to be very close. The Panthers are pissed off and check the record of them coming into a game after a loss. It's rather impressive.

    Carolina: 23
    Vikings:13
    [img width=400 height=266]http://s87266680.onlinehome.us/avatars/forum/suidog.jpg[/img]
    ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!Funny stuff! but seriously u guys are a totally different team without smith it is a lot like pep and moss.Jake loves to pick a favorite reciever and just pass to him 4 out of 5 times when he got injured 2 years ago he switched and locked on to munshin muhammed and he got 16 tds!Keyshaun is no smith or muhammad though he is a slow big possesion reciever and i dont see him catching 16 td if smith would be out for the year

  7. #17
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: It's going down.

    Carolina won't be underestimated by Childress and the rest of the Vikings...trust me on that one.
    BUT the fact of the matter is that the Carolina run defense got SHREDDED last weekend and the Vikings OL is as good if not better than the Atlanta OL that apparently DOMINATED the Carolina DL.
    Add into that equation the fact that Childress is not afraid to run Chester Taylor 30+ times and the fact that Taylor has proven that he gets stronger as the game wears on, and you might surmise that the Vikings offense will do well this Sunday.
    Also, add to this formula the fact that the Vikings defense did an excellent job against the VERY COMPLEX Redskins offense, one that had MULTIPLE weapons with which to attack the Vikings, yet allowed only ONE TD (and that one only after a BS roughing the QB penalty that sustained the drive) last week.
    The Vikings D was so physical in fact that Portis will not play this coming week vs. Dallas (he was hurt in a DIFFERENT part of his shoulder than the injury that he had before)...DeShaun Foster had better be prepared to take a pounding and could end up on the bench before the game is over...add to that the fact that Steve Smith is pretty much out and the starting left tackle and center are out and the Carolina offense will be struggling to move the ball vs. the rapidly improving Vikings D (which gets back Dwight Smith this week as well).
    This game might not be a lock...but we do have alot of things that make us Vikings fans think that we have more than a fighting chance to come out on top!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  8. #18
    SciritaeVike is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    35

    Re: It's going down.

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    Carolina won't be underestimated by Childress and the rest of the Vikings...trust me on that one.
    BUT the fact of the matter is that the Carolina run defense got SHREDDED last weekend and the Vikings OL is as good if not better than the Atlanta OL that apparently DOMINATED the Carolina DL.
    Add into that equation the fact that Childress is not afraid to run Chester Taylor 30+ times and the fact that Taylor has proven that he gets stronger as the game wears on, and you might surmise that the Vikings offense will do well this Sunday.
    Also, add to this formula the fact that the Vikings defense did an excellent job against the VERY COMPLEX Redskins offense, one that had MULTIPLE weapons with which to attack the Vikings, yet allowed only ONE TD (and that one only after a BS roughing the QB penalty that sustained the drive) last week.
    The Vikings D was so physical in fact that Portis will not play this coming week vs. Dallas (he was hurt in a DIFFERENT part of his shoulder than the injury that he had before)...DeShaun Foster had better be prepared to take a pounding and could end up on the bench before the game is over...add to that the fact that Steve Smith is pretty much out and the starting left tackle and center are out and the Carolina offense will be struggling to move the ball vs. the rapidly improving Vikings D (which gets back Dwight Smith this week as well).
    This game might not be a lock...but we do have alot of things that make us Vikings fans think that we have more than a fighting chance to come out on top!
    great post, as long as we stay disciplined and focused our defense should have a good day. As for the offense i will bet that Chester will still be productive but like against the redskins, it will be slow going at first.

  9. #19
    tke0933's Avatar
    tke0933 is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    402

    Re: It's going down.

    Our D-Line should be able to control the line of scrimmage against Carolina's patchwork O-Line.
    With Smith not being 100%, and hopefully a good pass rush, the D-backs can crowd their receivers a little bit and maybe help our linebackers on the short passes.
    I still look for a close game but it is very winnable for the Vikes.

  10. #20
    thevikingfan's Avatar
    thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,489

    Re: It's going down.

    "SciritaeVike" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    Carolina won't be underestimated by Childress and the rest of the Vikings...trust me on that one.
    BUT the fact of the matter is that the Carolina run defense got SHREDDED last weekend and the Vikings OL is as good if not better than the Atlanta OL that apparently DOMINATED the Carolina DL.
    Add into that equation the fact that Childress is not afraid to run Chester Taylor 30+ times and the fact that Taylor has proven that he gets stronger as the game wears on, and you might surmise that the Vikings offense will do well this Sunday.
    Also, add to this formula the fact that the Vikings defense did an excellent job against the VERY COMPLEX Redskins offense, one that had MULTIPLE weapons with which to attack the Vikings, yet allowed only ONE TD (and that one only after a BS roughing the QB penalty that sustained the drive) last week.
    The Vikings D was so physical in fact that Portis will not play this coming week vs. Dallas (he was hurt in a DIFFERENT part of his shoulder than the injury that he had before)...DeShaun Foster had better be prepared to take a pounding and could end up on the bench before the game is over...add to that the fact that Steve Smith is pretty much out and the starting left tackle and center are out and the Carolina offense will be struggling to move the ball vs. the rapidly improving Vikings D (which gets back Dwight Smith this week as well).
    This game might not be a lock...but we do have alot of things that make us Vikings fans think that we have more than a fighting chance to come out on top!
    great post, as long as we stay disciplined and focused our defense should have a good day. As for the offense i will bet that Chester will still be productive but like against the redskins, it will be slow going at first.
    U have to remeber that the falcons run the alex gibbs zone blocking scheme also used by thr denver broncos.Both of these teams are always in the top five in rushing and while u might make an argument that
    our o-line is just as good as the falcons the real factor here is the different system

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •