Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: I hate to say I told you so.....

"sandviking" wrote:
    "GrogansGhost" wrote:
    but, I told you so!

Not quite ready for prime time.
    How many times have you been told not to use the computer without your parents permission?
    In other words, post something meaningful and tactful, or don't post at all.
    Show some maturity, please.
    He can't...it's not in his nature...just like it isn't in his nature to support any team during the lean times...he will soon be onto the next "Flavor of the Month" team in a few years.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

GrogansGhost is offline Waterboy

Complaing about the referees and calls is such a classic loser mentality.
    Are you for real in saying that it would have been a close game if those calls went your way?

The Vikings were so overmatched in terms of coaching, planning, executing, and in game adjustments, it's almost not fair.
    I'll give you the Wiggins call as a bad one - but to claim that the Wiggins fumble call would have changed the whole game, and all of as sudden Childress would have had an answer for the spread formation, and Taylor would have improved his two yards per carry is an absolutely ludicrous statement -
    but typical, and not totally unexpected .
    Belichick and Brady play chess out there, while the Vikings are clearly playing checkers.

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

"GrogansGhost" wrote:
    Are you for real in saying that it would have been a close game if those calls went your way?

The Vikings were so overmatched in terms of coaching, planning, executing, and in game adjustments, it's almost not fair.

I'll give you the Wiggins call as a bad one - but to claim that the Wiggins fumble call would have changed the whole game, and all of as sudden Childress would have had an answer for the spread formation, and Taylor would have improved his two yards per carry is an absolutely ludicrous statement -

Belichick and Brady play chess out there, while the Vikings are clearly playing checkers.

Checkers or Chess, either option is better than playing with yourself, now quit typing one handed, and find something useful to do! ;D

"GrogansGhost" wrote:

Whatever, buddy!
    Let's see how you like it when the shoe is on the other foot.
    You should also be willing to give us the holding call on Mewelde on Harrison's INT, the non-pushoff on Travis Taylor, the obvious intentional grounding that wasn't called on Brady, and the grab of Troy Williamson's arm on that long pass.

Granted, I will admit that the Patsies had a very well-executed game plan...and most likely would have still beaten us last night...BUT I would have like to see it happen cleanly instead of the way that it did.

Del Rio Guest

"GrogansGhost" wrote:

I wouldn't say typical. It is probably urged on by frustration.

Of course I expected us to play better and the refs certainly didnt help us. We were out coached. The talent levels on paper are a different story, but you have a seasoned coach who knows how to make the most of what he has and we have a rookie coach who got taught a few lessons.

I can't blame the refs, and I am certain the majority of fans would agree with me on that one.

VikingDawg is offline Training Camp

"GrogansGhost" wrote:

Ghost boy-

you come here talking smack...like you organized the game plan your self, great job way to go.
    What is this your 4th or 5th season as a fan?
    The patriots are a solid team, that is well coached, and last night executed their game plan to perfection.....that is why they have won superbowls...no one is taking that away, but if you listen to Belichick or any of the players, they are humble in victory, .you my friend need to take a page from their book and grow up a little and act like the patriots and your coach acts...humbleness, everyone can respect that...I'm not looking for sympathy, far from it...we're building a reputable program here...just don't come here and act like a Donkey.
    Don't meet force with force

"Del" wrote:
    "GrogansGhost" wrote:

I wouldn't say typical. It is probably urged on by frustration.

Of course I expected us to play better and the refs certainly didnt help us. We were out coached. The talent levels on paper are a different story, but you have a seasoned coach who knows how to make the most of what he has and we have a rookie coach who got taught a few lessons.

I can't blame the refs, and I am certain the majority of fans would agree with me on that one.
    I don't necessarily blame the refs for our poor play...but give me a cleanly called loss and I can accept it...what happened last night is just total BS!
    And I WILL be visiting the Patsy boards in the event that they get screwed by the refs like we did last night and end up with a loss because of (or even despite) that.
    I can guarantee that the vast majority of fans there will be even MORE outraged than I am.

"VikingDawg" wrote:
    "GrogansGhost" wrote:

Ghost boy-

you come here talking smack...like you organized the game plan your self, great job way to go.
    What is this your 4th or 5th season as a fan?
    The patriots are a solid team, that is well coached, and last night executed their game plan to perfection.....that is why they have won superbowls...no one is taking that away, but if you listen to Belichick or any of the players, they are humble in victory, .you my friend need to take a page from their book and grow up a little and act like the patriots and your coach acts...humbleness, everyone can respect that...I'm not looking for sympathy, far from it...we're building a reputable program here...just don't come here and act like a Donkey.
    He can't help it...most Bahston fans are A$$HOLES by their very nature!!!

Del Rio Guest

There were multiple horrible calls, but we had no answer for thier 5WR fronts, We abandoned the run not because they could stop it but because I think our young coach paniced and tried to shoot it out with the Pats.

I like to say a win is a win. If we win by one point to a bad team people cry I say a win is a win.

Well to me a loss is a loss. Had we lost by 2 points or 40 it makes no difference. And there is absolutely no point arguing over the refs because if you feel that had those calls not been made would have allowed us to get beat by less then it has done it's job and satisfied you that we are not that bad.

You are not going to convince opposing fans that, and frankly they probably could give a shit if the Vikings are really better then what they saw. All they care is they got a W and their QB looks like he is back on track. IN fact I would be surprised if most fans aren't looking towards the next game breaking it down.

We lost to a better team that is where it ends for me. The 49ers are next and I want to rip their heads off.

"Del" wrote:
    There were multiple horrible calls, but we had no answer for thier 5WR fronts, We abandoned the run not because they could stop it but because I think our young coach paniced and tried to shoot it out with the Pats.

I like to say a win is a win. If we win by one point to a bad team people cry I say a win is a win.

Well to me a loss is a loss. Had we lost by 2 points or 40 it makes no difference. And there is absolutely no point arguing over the refs because if you feel that had those calls not been made would have allowed us to get beat by less then it has done it's job and satisfied you that we are not that bad.

You are not going to convince opposing fans that, and frankly they probably could give a pooh if the Vikings are really better then what they saw. All they care is they got a W and their QB looks like he is back on track. IN fact I would be surprised if most fans aren't looking towards the next game breaking it down.

We lost to a better team that is where it ends for me. The 49ers are next and I want to rip their heads off.
    Me too...but I can't cotton to the fact that their IDIOT fans think that they are so much better than us!
    >

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast