Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Zero Lombardis is offline Training Camp

Re:How Do You Like Your Crow Served?

I missed nam by a couple of years as I was highschool grad in 76.

There was a guy from my hood that was a diehard Vikings fan, he had everything purple.

I can remember the old Vikings teams, I remember when Fran Tarkenton played for the Giants and got traded back to the Vikes, man that guy could run, Fran Tarkenton was probably the guy most responsible for the advent of the scrambling QB today, Van Bronklin hated the way that Fran ran but Fran refused to change his style.

I remember the "Purple People Eaters", Eller and Page and Marshall and Larson, and I remember a guy named Paul Karuse that was a hard hitter.

I'll tell you something else too, I always thought that Bud Grant and Tom Landry were the same guy with regards to coaching styles and mannerisms.
    None

G-Unit5281 is offline Waterboy

Zero Lombardis wrote:
    G-Unit5281 wrote:
    THE VIKINGS SUCK AND THEIR GOING DOWN LIKE CLOWNS

THERE...I SAID IT.
    Please, there is no need to be in this thread bustin up on the Vikings loyal fans, this thread is about bustin baws after the game, please return then.

Sorry about that fellas, I don't know that guy.
    Shut up Loser....Trader!!!
    None

Zero Lombardis wrote:
    jargomcfargo wrote:

I have to grudgingly agree. Never thought I'd say that about a fan of boys.
    My comment about a level or flat head may not be appropriate at this point. Or who knows, perhaps it's totally germaine. Are you from Texas?
    But I'll tell you what. Best of luck to the winner in the future.

Let the cowchips fall where they may.
    You wonder if I'm from texas, the answer in no, I'm from upstate N.Y., you wonder why I am a Cowboys fan, well that's a long story, but basically it has to do with my first introduction to organized football.

When I was a child I played "Pee-Wee" football at the local boys club and I was on the Cowboys team, there were probably 10-15 kids from my neighborhood that played and all of us played for different teams, some for the Giants and some for the Chargers some for the Vikings and so on....Well as you can imagine this created some rather interesting neighborhood rivalry, that rivalry continues to this day.

That in a nutshell is why I have always been a Cowboys fan.
    That's pretty funny. This is pretty much how we chose soccer teams when we where kids. Doing little tournaments, playing as real teams and star players.

Some things never change.

Welcome, btw. Not the appropriate thread, but I think that it's fair to say that you made a very strong impression here. From time to time, there's some kind of synergy between all kinds of fanbases over here, despite the hatred against eachothers teams.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

G-Unit5281 wrote:
    So let me get this straight, I'm a loser and a trader because I choose to be classier than you?

That's some bullsh!t, I have always been a fan of the Cowboys and I'm no trader, I just prefer to show some class, I choose to be civil, I choose to talk with the guys in this forum, so far they have shown a lot of class themselves, they are a whole lot classier than any Eagles fan I have ever met and I respect that.
    None

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

G-Unit5281 wrote:
    Zero Lombardis wrote:
    G-Unit5281 wrote:
    THE VIKINGS SUCK AND THEIR GOING DOWN LIKE CLOWNS

THERE...I SAID IT.
    Please, there is no need to be in this thread bustin up on the Vikings loyal fans, this thread is about bustin baws after the game, please return then.

Sorry about that fellas, I don't know that guy.
    See ya bitch.

Start reporting these assholes please so I can boot them.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

They better win this weekend. I've eaten so much crow this year cause of the Noodle, I can't eat no more. B)
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    They better win this weekend. I've eaten so much crow this year cause of the Noodle, I can't eat no more. B)
    There's always room for jello.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

Zero Lombardis wrote:
    Prophet wrote:
    I doubt there will be any amorphous pie fans back to get their crow.
    I promise you sir that I will be here for the banquet no matter the outcome of the game, I pride my self on being a good sport and eating a little crow once in a while is not going to change that.

As for the guy who doesn't like the blue font, seeing as you don't like it I'm going continue to use it just for you, if your team wins I will switch to a purple font, good luck!
    I don't have any problem with the blue type per se, other than the fact that, like posting in all caps, it screams, "Look at me! My posts are more important than everyone else's! Shower me with internet attention so that I can compensate for the fact that daddy didn't love me enough!"

So how about posting in the same font as everyone else and allow the content of your posts to draw attention to yourself?

I'm a Cowboys fan in a Viking forum I have to be different, and I'm not currently willing to make any concessions to the Viking faithful, hence the font will remain the same, but as I stated earlier in this thread, if the Vikings win Sunday I will change it to purple in their honor, and not only that but you are welcome to serve me crow in the advent of your favorite team being victorious.

Enjoy the tune

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcYZlRWWxO0
    None

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Zero Lombardis wrote:
    jargomcfargo wrote:

I have to grudgingly agree. Never thought I'd say that about a fan of boys.
    My comment about a level or flat head may not be appropriate at this point. Or who knows, perhaps it's totally germaine. Are you from Texas?
    But I'll tell you what. Best of luck to the winner in the future.

Let the cowchips fall where they may.
    You wonder if I'm from texas, the answer in no, I'm from upstate N.Y., you wonder why I am a Cowboys fan, well that's a long story, but basically it has to do with my first introduction to organized football.

When I was a child I played "Pee-Wee" football at the local boys club and I was on the Cowboys team, there were probably 10-15 kids from my neighborhood that played and all of us played for different teams, some for the Giants and some for the Chargers some for the Vikings and so on....Well as you can imagine this created some rather interesting neighborhood rivalry, that rivalry continues to this day.

That in a nutshell is why I have always been a Cowboys fan.

Thats pretty cool Zero,

I'm in Connecticut, but a life long Vikings fan, and my story is much the same as yours. I played my first ball with the West Hartford, CT Pee Wee Vikings! That about says it all. My first NFL Vikings game attended, I won't tell the year but, it was in the Yale Bowl, in CT. To see Tarkington and the Vikings, take on the NY Giants, in a snow storm. Meadowlands was being built for the Giants, thats why the game was in New Haven, CT., at Yale's Stadium. Oh Yea, Vikings kicked A S S !
    May the better team win this Sunday!

NordicNed

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast