Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Hola, Pats Troll Here

"Rastak" wrote:
    "Webby" wrote:
    Well, this isn't a referendum on this site especially based upon Alice's opinions who seems to think her passive aggressive stances pass for mature banter.
    I think PPE called her out appropriately on it.

You call yourself a troll, and some people will go at it that way.
    I think over this thread people may or may not think differently.

Generally, Cajun is the first to welcome people and engage them in either football or random fun.

Noone can tell his secret formula.

Alice chose to engage him rather than stick to the facts and made disparaging remarks in the first place.

So for those who like to cowtow to the single voice in the wind, remember, this is our home and people need to be respectful to get invited into our family.

Or something similar.

Can we stop this silly thread?

A troll comes in with pseudo intellect and then posts opinions without a single fact backing her and when unhappy with dissenting opinions she strikes out??

Vikes over Pats.
    By a field goal, unless our D doesn't score any huge game changing plays.
    Then we might have trouble.

Two good teams...noone here is a slouch.

Gotta disagree Webby....she certainly articulated her points well and mentioned her opinion on Pat Williams was based on the Buffalo days. People shouldn't be jackasses when someone doesn't agree. I absolutely didn't take her posts to be trolling.
    This thread seemed like vikesboard.net for a second there.
    She was just as much of a jackass as anyone else...read the WHOLE thread before you pass judgment...pay special attention to both the preceding post...and the exchanges between her and I.

To end my comments on this thread, just know that I hold no ill will towards anyone that was involved...it was all in good fun...at least to me anyway!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

Here is the problem when you come on and post a respectful message and get many nice responses and then all of sudden you are hit with personal attacks like "you are a fairweather fan" (This isn't friendly banter, if someone called me a fairweather fan I must just hit them) and tells you to stfu out of the blue because you don't agree that Pat Williams is a God (which he is, but that is beside the point) you tend to maybe over react especially if you don't know the person who attacked you that well.
    She didn't come in here telling us to stfu or fair weather fans why should we respond saying that?
    It makes us look bad and we lost what could have been a fun member to have around.

I'm a little upset because this was some of the best football debate I've had in a while and it had to be ruined.
    Now I'm not about to leave the site or anything like that.
    It isn't something that I would do (although there can be long stretches where I am just to busy to post or do anything) but can we please try to only verbally abuse those who have been here a while instead of new people are being respectful?

Oh and I know not everyone on here is an adult, I was much younger when I first joined.
    I was talking about the main players in the mudslinging contest.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Perspective:
    It's all good, typical smack talk and misunderstanding and goup dynamics.
    Let it rest.
    There is no ill will here between anyone.
    I know this knowing the folks here...and Alice will know this soon.
    It was a thread that took a turn.
    So let's get back to talking football; I will lock this up if you want.
    Lets move this back to a football discussion on a new thread and use this for a bonfire.

SKOL!

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

gol 'darnit!!!!

I just finished reading through (most) of this thread, and I was actually enjoying the prospect of Alice sticking around.
    She (allegedly - I never take female gender claims on the internet too seriously until verified) made some fantastic comments, articulated her position well, and over all made a very favorable first impression on me.

It was completely out oc character for me, I know, but I actually AVOIDED this thread because of the Troll title.
    I just wasn't in the mood for another "BearsFanGrrrr" level thread.
    I quit doing connect-the-dots and paint-by-numbers 30 years ago, and had no desire to resume doing so.

Had I known what actually lay inside, I would have been here.

So, I hope Alice comes back.
    Even if it means that Cajun has to be nice
    :P

Caine

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Caine" wrote:
    gol 'darnit!!!!

I just finished reading through (most) of this thread, and I was actually enjoying the prospect of Alice sticking around.
    She (allegedly - I never take female gender claims on the internet too seriously until verified) made some fantastic comments, articulated her position well, and over all made a very favorable first impression on me.

It was completely out oc character for me, I know, but I actually AVOIDED this thread because of the Troll title.
    I just wasn't in the mood for another "BearsFanGrrrr" level thread.
    I quite doing connect-the-dots and paint-by-numbers 30 years ago, and had no desire to resume doing so.

Had I known what actually lay inside, I would have been here. All up in that booty

So, I hope Alice comes back.
    Even if it means that Cajun has to be nice
    :P Cajun loves the bitchesez!

Caine
    Now that Cajun knows she's a chick...I am sure a few charming posts and she'll be right back.

Rastak is offline Rookie

I thought it was a good thread actually....people just got a little overboard in their arguments...anyway, it's all good. Should be a great game Monday.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"FallingAlice" wrote:
    "Acumen" wrote:
    Let me guess, Alice became a Patriots fan in 2002.
    Nope.

I'm from the midwest originally and grew up rooting for the Bears because my mother rooted for the Bears.

I went to Boston for college.
    I became a Patriots fan after I'd lived in New England awhile and embraced it as "home."
    Lived through the Rod Rust and slick willy MacPherson years.
    Painful ones.
    Then got excited when Bill Parcells took over as coach.

I'd always enjoyed Parcells when he was coaching the Giants, and I have to admit, the Tuna never failed to entertain.
    So I've been a Pats fan for about 16 years.
    Lived through the drama of the Pats-Pack Superbowl and Tuna Gate.
    Lived through the Pete Carroll Years.
    Lived through Bledsoe Gate.
    Knew that when the statue finally went down, we'd have a chance.

Got really interested in website communities once I'd started doing some sports writing for local papers in my free time.
    It was fun and helped me learn about the game.
    Found some posters on some sites to be not only knowledgable fans but also tremendously creative.

I relocated recently and was willing to give the Vikes a try as a "Second Favorite" Team because I've relocated here.
    And to me, it's a matter of civic loyalty to support your local team.
    A way to be neighborly, really.

But I must admit to having cooled to the idea after experiencing your gang-bang, prison-rape welcome wagon.

I'll find some other site to talk football.
    With the exception of a few posters, it strikes me that's not the primary interest of your membership.
    Good to hear you suffered through the lean years, then you know the type of Patriot fans I'm referring to.
    I enjoyed your posts that were football related.
    Check around the board and you'll see a hodgepodge of football related posts and nonsense in other sections.

Truthfully, we need more folks around that stick to their guns and support their arguments in a football debate.
    If you've been frequenting web communities you are familiar with how they work.
    Like others have pointed out, your thread took a misdirection by calling yourself a troll.
    People earn that right here, we love having fans of other teams come that actually want to talk football.
    Unfortunately, they are few and far between with many of the 'visitors' starting a thread with something like, 'the Vikings suck' or the 'Patriots rule' with no content.
    It was refreshing to read your football related posts, a person that can coherently make their points is always welcome.
    As you are aware of based on your visiting website communities, it takes a little time to be accepted into a community.
    It doesn't happen in a couple of posts typically.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"VikemanX84" wrote:
    For the reccord I hate how posts here can get extremely personal and then I have to sort through 5 pages of ad hominem BS that has nothing to do with football to try and carry on a discussion I was enjoying.
    Can we at least agree to veil these personal attacks with football talk
    so then there is at least somethign interesting for me to read?
    I mean we are adults, right?
    A/S/L check!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"VikemanX84" wrote:
    Here is the problem when you come on and post a respectful message and get many nice responses and then all of sudden you are hit with personal attacks like "you are a fairweather fan" (This isn't friendly banter, if someone called me a fairweather fan I must just hit them) and tells you to stfu out of the blue because you don't agree that Pat Williams is a God (which he is, but that is beside the point) you tend to maybe over react especially if you don't know the person who attacked you that well.
    She didn't come in here telling us to stfu or fair weather fans why should we respond saying that?
    It makes us look bad and we lost what could have been a fun member to have around.

I'm a little upset because this was some of the best football debate I've had in a while and it had to be ruined.
    Now I'm not about to leave the site or anything like that.
    It isn't something that I would do (although there can be long stretches where I am just to busy to post or do anything) but can we please try to only verbally abuse those who have been here a while instead of new people are being respectful?

Oh and I know not everyone on here is an adult, I was much younger when I first joined.
    I was talking about the main players in the mudslinging contest.
    Maybe you should have stuck around in the offseason to "learn" us all about how it's done!
    Your first lesson could have been "Don't call yourself a troll if you aren't one"...the second one could have been called "Don't dis an opposing player without backing it up with something substantive".

Since I was one of the main players in the mudslinging, I take offense to your mischaracterization of what happened.
    Granted, I fired the first cannonshot over the bow...but there had been some condescending remarks made prior that set me off.
    Did I overreact...MAYBE...but no one gets a free pass here.
    You gotta earn your respect...just because you make some knowledgable remarks doesn't make you immune to criticism...and sometimes STFU can be said in other ways that are no less demeaning.

Like I said before, no hard feelings to anyone involved.
    And I will apologize for my part in the fracas...but I WON'T back down as to my reasons for what I said.

As for game analysis, it looks like both Ty Warren and Richard Seymour are on the injured list....so IF that is indeed reflective of their status for the game (and not one of Bill "Stephen King" Belichick's most recent works of fiction), then we should have no problem running on the Patsy defense.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

patriotswinagain is offline Waterboy

"FallingAlice" wrote:
    Hello Board,

Pat Troll here, but recently relocated to the Twin Cities.

Looking forward to next Monday night.
    Should be an excellent game.

I've been reading through your posts.
    FYI...a lot of those Patriots you've identified on the lookalike thread...umm..aren't with the team any longer.
    That roster is from last year.
    In fact, I think Roman Phifer has retired.

All this said, if any of you are real football Geeks and want to see some interesting game analysis, some takes on Laurence Marony's peformance and return to the Twin Cities, analysis of the Vikes, etc., then check out the Patriots official site.
    There's a lot of video.
    Interviews with Laurence Maroney, Tom Brady and Bill B.

I think you'll like to hear what they have to say about the Vikes.
    Especially, you'll want to hear what Belichick said about your loss to the Bears.

(If you watch the Brady interview, don't be confused by the beginning.
    He's answering a question about how many time he played in the dome during college.
    Brady played for Michigan.)

Skol.
    Look forward to talking about the game with you.

Ahh Billy and Tom just speak what keeps respect for the other teams if they mean it or not. All 100 percent politcal as it is smartm but to me never honest.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast