Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 99
  1. #11
    HornedHat's Avatar
    HornedHat is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    605

    Re: Hola, Pats Troll Here

    I am SOOO excited for this MNF game. The Pats are the class team of the NFL. Beating them on the big stage will br the coming out party for my beloved Vikes. We might finally start getting some respect from the media (not that it matters). I have already been shocked by HBO's Collingsworth. He actually picked the Vikes! Our own boy CC didn't. I thought Chris might pick em, but Carter, not Collingsworth. At least I know Carter isn't disrespectful.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    57

    Re: Hola, Pats Troll Here

    "MplsViking" wrote:
    I see that Pat Williams is a starter at DT, and I knew Williams from his Buffalo days.
    Williams doesn't particularly scare me.


    You should rethink that statement.
    PAt Williams is probably top 3 in the league for run stopping.
    He takes up so much room and is a beast.
    That's a fact!

    Woah.
    You're touchy.


    How is that a fact?
    Top 3 in the league in run-stopping based on what?

    As I said, I saw Williams play quite a bit over the past few years.
    He played on a good/not great Buffalo D line.
    The Patriots had no problem running right through them with...uh...Antowain Smith.
    (Sp?)

    So, I'm sorry, but I'm still not especially asceered of Pat Williams.
    Then again, I don't personally have to run against him.
    That doesn't mean that I'm denigrating the overall D line.








    I killed the wabbit.

  3. #13
    aceclown is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    948

    Re: Hola, Pats Troll Here

    "FallingAlice" wrote:
    "MplsViking" wrote:
    I see that Pat Williams is a starter at DT, and I knew Williams from his Buffalo days.
    Williams doesn't particularly scare me.


    You should rethink that statement.
    PAt Williams is probably top 3 in the league for run stopping.
    He takes up so much room and is a beast.
    That's a fact!

    Woah.
    You're touchy.


    How is that a fact?
    Top 3 in the league in run-stopping based on what?

    As I said, I saw Williams play quite a bit over the past few years.
    He played on a good/not great Buffalo D line.
    The Patriots had no problem running right through them with...uh...Antowain Smith.
    (Sp?)

    So, I'm sorry, but I'm still not especially asceered of Pat Williams.
    Then again, I don't personally have to run against him.
    That doesn't mean that I'm denigrating the overall D line.










    What exactly constitutes a good run stuffing DT for you?
    In case you didnt know, the Vikings are currently ranked 2nd in the NFL in rushing defense, which is anchored by Pat Williams.


    Allright, so Pat isnt considered a top run stuffing in your book.
    Thats fine, but back it up.
    List 5 DTs that are better run stuffers- I'll get u started.

    1.Casey Hampton


    Chuch.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    57

    Re: Hola, Pats Troll Here

    "aceclown" wrote:
    "FallingAlice" wrote:
    "MplsViking" wrote:
    I see that Pat Williams is a starter at DT, and I knew Williams from his Buffalo days.
    Williams doesn't particularly scare me.


    You should rethink that statement.
    PAt Williams is probably top 3 in the league for run stopping.
    He takes up so much room and is a beast.
    That's a fact!

    Woah.
    You're touchy.


    How is that a fact?
    Top 3 in the league in run-stopping based on what?

    As I said, I saw Williams play quite a bit over the past few years.
    He played on a good/not great Buffalo D line.
    The Patriots had no problem running right through them with...uh...Antowain Smith.
    (Sp?)

    So, I'm sorry, but I'm still not especially asceered of Pat Williams.
    Then again, I don't personally have to run against him.
    That doesn't mean that I'm denigrating the overall D line.










    What exactly constitutes a good run stuffing DT for you?
    In case you didnt know, the Vikings are currently ranked 2nd in the NFL in rushing defense, which is anchored by Pat Williams.


    Allright, so Pat isnt considered a top run stuffing in your book.
    Thats fine, but back it up.
    List 5 DTs that are better run stuffers- I'll get u started.

    1.Casey Hampton
    My original argument about Pat Williams had nothing to do with his identity as a "run stuffer."
    It's on the general quality of his play as a lineman.

    And yes, I've heard many times that the Vikings are currently ranked 2nd in the NFL in rushing defense.


    My point wasn't about your overall line.
    It was about Pat Williams, specifically.
    When Williams went to Minnesota from Buffalo, it's not as if Patriots fans breathed a collective sigh of relief and said, "Whew...thank GOD we don't have to face PAT WILLIAMS Anymore!!!
    Oh, the horror!
    We could never handle playing against Williams!!!"

    At least not that I recall.


    This said, you asked me for some names of DTs that I think are better run stuffers.
    Sorry, but I'll have to give names of DTs I think are just flat out BETTER than Williams.



    Not necessarily in order, I'd go with...

    Vince Wilfork (New England)

    Richard Seymour (New England).
    (Some think of Seymour as an end, but he plays mostly in the 3-4, so he's really an interior lineman.)

    Tommie Harris (Chicago)

    Shaun Rogers (Detroit)

    Jamal Williams (San Diego)

    Marcus Stroud (Jacksonville)

    Please remember this as you fawn all over Williams:
    the Pats' young DTs have a history of playing (and succeeding) at a much higher level of competition than Williams has ever played at.
    More to the point, a number of our O-Linemen have also played (and succeeded) at far higher levels than Williams.
    Our Center, Dan Koppen, our LT (Matt Light) and Stephen Neal, Guard, were all key parts of the Patriots championship seasons.
    By the way, these players are also a good deal younger than Pat Williams.
    So, pardon me if I expect that it's unlikely that they'll be intimidated or overwhelmed by the
    competition and that they'll probably be able to acquit themselves admirably.

    This isn't to say the Pats will win.
    But to imagine that they'll be manhandled by the Vikings far superior forces is maybe a bit of wishful thinking.

    While I'll certainly give you that it should be a tough, competitive game, and I'm not making any ridiculous predictions, please forgive me if I don't fall all over myself over Pat Williams.
    I killed the wabbit.

  5. #15
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Hola, Pats Troll Here

    "PurplePumpkin" wrote:
    Impressive Press conference from Belichick

    Thanks for heads up fallingalice!
    was
    not sure what website you were talking about but heres a link I found
    http://www.patriots.com/mediacenter/...=21985&pcid=85
    Worth a listen.
    He gave the Vikes props, didn't give them any bulletin board material.
    I use to almost cry when I listed to a coaches interview like this when Meathead was coach.
    At least now I can listen to an interview of the Vikings' coach without being ashamed.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  6. #16
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Hola, Pats Troll Here

    "aceclown" wrote:
    What exactly constitutes a good run stuffing DT for you?
    In case you didnt know, the Vikings are currently ranked 2nd in the NFL in rushing defense, which is anchored by Pat Williams.
    Actually, the Vikes are #1 in rushing defense.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  7. #17
    PurplePumpkin's Avatar
    PurplePumpkin is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    418

    Re: Hola, Pats Troll Here

    Belichick press conference about the Vikings
    quote "They’ve really played pretty well in every game. I don’t know how they lost to the Bears or Buffalo. I think they were the better team in those two games as well."

    All I can say is I'am glad were playing at the Metrodome we will need every advantage we can get!

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    57

    Re: Hola, Pats Troll Here

    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "aceclown" wrote:
    What exactly constitutes a good run stuffing DT for you?
    In case you didnt know, the Vikings are currently ranked 2nd in the NFL in rushing defense, which is anchored by Pat Williams.
    Actually, the Vikes are #1 in rushing defense.

    =Z=
    And yet there's an irony here.
    Given that it's more than likely that the Patriots run game will become mostly a non-factor, the real issue and match up is whether the Patriots passing game can get on-track against the Vikes passing defense.

    To me, that's the big unknown.
    As a Pats fan, I'm not looking at this game with relish, that's for sure.


    But at the same, in terms of the most important statistical categories -- defensive ranking (based on points scored), offensive ranking (based on points scored), and won-loss record...

    The Pats have the tiniest of margins.
    As a Pats fan, I'm used to them playing with the tiniest of margins.
    It's their MO.
    I have a diagnosed heart condition because of it.

    Anyway, it should be a great game.
    I'll look forward to dissecting it with you all afterwards, win or lose.

    Turnovers, methinks, decides it.
    I killed the wabbit.

  9. #19
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Hola, Pats Troll Here

    "FallingAlice" wrote:
    Given that it's more than likely that the Patriots run game will become mostly a non-factor, the real issue and match up is whether the Patriots passing game can get on-track against the Vikes passing defense.
    I think you are exactly right here.
    One of the keys for the Vikes, IMHO, will be to get pressure on the QB early to disrupt the passing attack.
    Luckily for us, this is one of the areas where we excel...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    57

    Re: Hola, Pats Troll Here

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "FallingAlice" wrote:
    Given that it's more than likely that the Patriots run game will become mostly a non-factor, the real issue and match up is whether the Patriots passing game can get on-track against the Vikes passing defense.
    I think you are exactly right here.
    One of the keys for the Vikes, IMHO, will be to get pressure on the QB early to disrupt the passing attack.
    Luckily for us, this is one of the areas where we excel...
    I'm interested...who is/are the Vikes big speed rusher(s)?
    And how good is your right defensive end?

    I ask because Matt Light (our left tackle) has trouble handling speed rushers.
    Usually, we support him by putting in Dan Graham who's an excellent blocking TE.
    But Graham might be out for this game.


    If I were a Vikes fan, I would be giddy if Graham doesn't play.
    This could cause huge problems for the Pats.
    I killed the wabbit.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. MOVED: Hola, Pats Troll Here
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-25-2006, 09:08 PM
  2. Hola from the west coast!!!
    By darkarkitekt in forum Free Beer!
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-23-2006, 02:47 AM
  3. Hola
    By NaryBim in forum Free Beer!
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-28-2006, 01:58 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •