Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    hagan714 is offline Waterboy

Re: hi from Blackandgold.com F2F alliance member

"C" wrote:
    I almost hope the Saints win so we are just one game closer to Childress being gone:
    LOL you guys are hoping to give McMillen company on the golf course or what? while he has done some strange things he also has help build a solid defense and a darn good OL. Ok he could have made a few different moves but that is always the way it goes.

Another B&G member checking here. I am happy about one thing facing AP. As long as you guys keep running at the strong side of our defense we will fair much better. It is not hard not to run behind Bryant McKinnie and Steve Hutchinson. Our weakest spot is WLB so I would not be surprised to see you run to the weak side more this week than before.

As for Drew I am concerned about the fact the Vikes have only surrender 2 TD passing all year. Look for us to pick on Tyrell Johnson from the slot and Meachem. I think you can expect much of the same game plan we used against SF to be used against the Vikes.

The return of Duce is a big change in this offense. He is the wild card. We are getting healthy and this should be an old fashion snot knocker game.

Good luck Monday. I pray we both get out of this game injury free. Hard to imagine though.

By the way; Go Gophers. 1989 alum. I am getting ready for my annual north shore visit next month. Love it up there. Split rock here I come. How good will the gopher hockey be this year? Worth coming to town this year to see or what?

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"hagan714" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    I almost hope the Saints win so we are just one game closer to Childress being gone:
    LOL you guys are hoping to give McMillen company on the golf course or what? while he has done some strange things he also has help build a solid defense and a darn good OL. Ok he could have made a few different moves but that is always the way it goes.

Another B&G member checking here. I am happy about one thing facing AP. As long as you guys keep running at the strong side of our defense we will fair much better. It is not hard not to run behind Bryant McKinnie and Steve Hutchinson. Our weakest spot is WLB so I would not be surprised to see you run to the weak side more this week than before.

As for Drew I am concerned about the fact the Vikes have only surrender 2 TD passing all year. Look for us to pick on Tyrell Johnson from the slot and Meachem. I think you can expect much of the same game plan we used against SF to be used against the Vikes.

The return of Duce is a big change in this offense. He is the wild card. We are getting healthy and this should be an old fashion snot knocker game.

Good luck Monday. I pray we both get out of this game injury free. Hard to imagine though.

By the way; Go Gophers. 1989 alum. I am getting ready for my annual north shore visit next month. Love it up there. Split rock here I come. How good will the gopher hockey be this year? Worth coming to town this year to see or what?

That is true we don't give up alot of TD's in the air, most teams score by inching there way to the goaline then punching it in. Tyrell Johnson on the other hand is a rookie but he has been very good in terms of coverage, he's do for an INT if they will pass his direction. He is yet to get picked on or beat'n, he's done a fine job. IMO your chances are better over on the Strong Side where Sharper resides. It's hard to say what your gonna get from him week to week, some games he looks solid and others he just flat out gets burned. Recently the Safety help has been tremendous. If I were the Saints coaching staff I would target Cornerback Cedric Griffin all day long, he's playing awful football and I don't see things changing against your WR's.

Another fan mentioned your inability to run block so I would expect to see Brees throw it in the 40-55 range.

pakowitz is offline Waterboy

Another fan mentioned your inability to run block so I would expect to see Brees throw it in the 40-55 range
    i would expect Brees to throw it that many times anyway... we have become a pass first offense...
    Reggie Bush catches alot of short swing passes that allows him to get on the outside which is pretty much a handoff... he has the ability to make a few people miss and they could turn into huge gains...

Questfor31 is offline Training Camp

Looking forward to this Monday Night matchup.
    Hoping the return of McKinnie means that the best left side in all of football blows holes open for AP again.
    Quest for 31
    NFL Stadium Reviews
    Buffalo Bills Fan
    Check out my visit to the Metrodome at:
    www. nflfootballstadiums. com/Metrodome. htm

winmill1 is offline Waterboy

Whats up Vikes. Man I have alot riding on this game and lots of connections to the Vikes. My dad is a huge Vikings fan- he is from Bismarck, ND. I was born in La. and grew up a Saints fanatic. Vikings are my #2 team. If the Vikings win I have to watch the Vikings with him for a month and vice versa. You guys have a really good team, I sometimes wonder if you had our QB and we had your D, we would have something really nice. Good luck Monday. Also I served in Iraq and one of your units from Minnesota, B134 SIG were attached to us in Baghdad. You guys should be proud of them they are great soldiers.

-I hope Peterson and Allen get cramps during the game. Ha Ha. But not Antoine Winfield he is on my fantasy team. Thanks,

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Should be a good game. Then again, I said that about the Titans game. At this point, I don't expect much out the Vikings in any game we play. Every time we raise our expectations, we are let down in a big way.

I do like the Saints though. They are a team I find myself rooting for in the NFC mostly because Drew Brees is my Fantasy QB and I followed them a lot last year with Colston as my Fantasy WR.

Hopefully for us, the additions of Madieu and McKinnie are able to put us over the top but I just don't see it any more.

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

Welcome to the site -

First off - Here's to an injury free game.

I spent the last 4 years down in Baton Rouge, so I've been a Saints fan whenever they weren't playing the Vikings...
    (on a side note, GEAUX TIGERS!)

Brees is a great QB, wish we had him on our team....
    Bush is coming in to his own and though I don't know he'll ever be a top 3 RB in the league, I think he'll be an all-around weapon that when used properly can wreak havoc on defenses (ala Westbrook, Faulk, etc.)

Thanks for representing your team so well - breath of fresh air after those Tennessee fans.. holy crap.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    Should be a good game. Then again, I said that about the Titans game. At this point, I don't expect much out the Vikings in any game we play. Every time we raise our expectations, we are let down in a big way.

I do like the Saints though. They are a team I find myself rooting for in the NFC mostly because Drew Brees is my Fantasy QB and I followed them a lot last year with Colston as my Fantasy WR.

Hopefully for us, the additions of Madieu and McKinnie are able to put us over the top but I just don't see it any more.
    I hate to bust your bubble but Madieu Williams isn't expected back for a least a couple more weeks, thats what i've been reading.

hav0x is offline Pro-Bowler

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:

I hate to bust your bubble but Madieu Williams isn't expected back for a least a couple more weeks, thats what i've been reading.
    Nobody really knows when he'll be back. He just has to get back into football shape after so much time sidelined.

hagan714 is offline Waterboy

Williams is out from what I have been reading and that will be the area of the field we will pick on. Tyrell Johnson is playing good thats why I would send Meachem or Henderson to his side and make them worry about the deep pass.

EJ Henderson is healthy? last I read he had two dislocated toes. So if he does not start what then? Send a second year player to play the middle? David Horton is good in run support but his man to man coverage leaves some thing to be desired. So you move an OLB to the middle and put Vinny Ciurciuto on the outside? How is Vinnies Knee doing?

Antoine Winfield is having a good year. So I am thinking it is better to keep running him out of the play. Cedric Griffin is a question mark. I can not figure him out. God knows he has the talent. I question his heart. Moore and Patten, if he plays will work on him.

Jared Allens speed worries me against Brown. Speed rushers give him fits. Then we have a rookis next to him In Nicks who seems to be the real deal. But he has never faced a defense like the Vikes or a player like Kevin Williams. Ray Edwards may just get his first sack of the season against Stinchcomb.

safe to bet you guys are going to pound us with the run all day long. That is a worry. we do not have a lot of beef up front.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast