Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    StarSaint is offline Training Camp

Here's to a good game!

Guys, let's hope that this game will be a great one with ZERO injuries!

I think it will be close (most of our games tend to be these days). I really expect a dogfight out there. Our team should be ready to play as well as the Vikes..

You guys shouldn't be so hard on your team. I thought before the season you had significantly improved through FA. It just takes time to gel with some of the new players.

Trust me, Culpepper is a really good qb and he'll find his groove (just hopefully next week! :razz: ) Williamson will be good...he just needs time.
    (how odd is this..? I'm the opposing team's fan and I'm pumping up YOU GUYS about your own team!). Trust me, you've got a good team. The packers are 0-2 and believe me, you are a MUCH better team than them. You'll snap out of it, they won't.

See ya..

6-KINGS Guest

Re: Here's to a good game!

Thanks!

And a good game to you too.
    May your team come up 3 points short today
    (jk) no not really we want a win bad!
    LOL

You know most of us here are like a rattlesnake cornered in a barn.
    Just striking at anything that comes near or seems to be a threat.

We just need a win to take the edge off our attitudes.
    We have even taken to striking out at each other in our frustration.

I admire you for posting in a positive way in this den of discontent.

6-KINGS

OchoCinco is offline Coordinator

Skol....and well said 6-kINGS....Gophers gave me a little pep in my step for todays game...I just hope we learned something from last week...and good luck to Koren, stretch and CATCH baby...get the damn 8 out the box...we need a spark.

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Thanks, StarSaint, same to you guys. Hope you are OK what with the hurricane and all. You guys really deserve a break down there!!!
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Well thanks.....Also the NFL did screw you with that game in NY. It was basically a home game for the Giants. They should of played it somewhere else.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

I respect your team for what it has been through. However, I think Daunte (aka Sgt. 'Pepper) said it best:

"It's not like they're gonna be feeling sorry for us because we're 0-2."

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

The Saints - to me - always seemed like a team on the cusp of achieving...then they would fall flat. Sort of like the Vikings of the last couple of years. I remember in the 90's when the Saints would be primed...and would lose 3 running backs by week 6.

All that aside, I have always sort of liked the Saints. Probably a hold-over from my days as a Minnesota Fighting Saints (WHA team) fan when I was young.

I thought you guys got a raw deal having a "Home" game in Giant's stadium. How the NFL perceived that as even remotely equitable is completely beyond me...but the NFL does a LOT of things that baffle me (Like make some plays reviewable and others not....WHAT?!?!?!?).

Anyway, I expect this one to be a darn good game. You guys have a pretty solid team this year, and we're still trying to find our focus. Truth be told, I hope we blow you out of the stadium...but I don't expect that to happen.

No matter what happens, rest assured that I will be cheering on the Saints on October 9th when you guys go to Green Bay and administer an beating. I would suggest that you guys save up all your latent anger and aggression and take it out on the cheesheads...after all, everyone up here knows that Katrina was their fault due to all the hot air they've been blowing.

Good luck today,

Caine

"BBQ Platypus" wrote:
    I respect your team for what it has been through. However, I think Daunte (aka Sgt. 'Pepper) said it best:

"It's not like they're gonna be feeling sorry for us because we're 0-2."
    Gotta agree with Daunte...

StarSaint is offline Training Camp

Well, I told ya you'd bounce back. Unfortunately it had to be against my team.

We played absolutely terrible in pretty much every phase of the game. AB is starting to look lost out there and Deuce hasn't been the same this season. Our defense is still horrid and I can't believe how far our special teams (used to be a big strength) has fallen off the map.

But I won't take away the fact that your team played excellent. I think you will win the NFC north by the time the end of the season comes.

see ya next time...

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Take care starsaint!

The Saints did look aweful. I was not really expecting them to play that bad! Penalties killed you guys!

Good luck the rest of the season!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast