Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    singersp is online now PPO Newshound

Re: Hawks vs Vikes (Whats being Said)

Quote Originally Posted by "AngloVike" #1105242
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1105129
    Quote Originally Posted by "Johnson14" #1104841
    Will be nice to see "one season" take a few big hit too from our DB's B)
    FYI, Rice was recovering from surgery last year, thus unable to play in 10 games last year, otherwise he would have had another good year.
    ah the good old recovering from surgery excuse. If Rice and his pain in the arse agent had wanted to, then the surgery would have been done earlier so that Sidney could have played for a complete season. Instead they wanted to be paid based on his one season and use that as the benchmark. As I recall the Vikes made an offer prior to the lockout but that was ignored as the player/agent wanted to go for the huge payout after a new CBA was agreed. Net result they got the contract they wanted but not in Minn, so boo-hoo Rice had to pay out and get his stuff U-Hauled to the west coast. Thats the chance you take in contract negotiations, the other party have the option to pull out at any time when it doesn't suit their finances or plans.
    And now we're stuck with "No Season" instead.

I guess some people are happy about us downgrading the WR corp.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1105363
    FYI, Rice was recovering from surgery last year, thus unable to play in 10 games last year, otherwise he would have had another good year.
    ah the good old recovering from surgery excuse. If Rice and his pain in the arse agent had wanted to, then the surgery would have been done earlier so that Sidney could have played for a complete season. Instead they wanted to be paid based on his one season and use that as the benchmark. As I recall the Vikes made an offer prior to the lockout but that was ignored as the player/agent wanted to go for the huge payout after a new CBA was agreed. Net result they got the contract they wanted but not in Minn, so boo-hoo Rice had to pay out and get his stuff U-Hauled to the west coast. Thats the chance you take in contract negotiations, the other party have the option to pull out at any time when it doesn't suit their finances or plans.

no-one likes to see any position downgraded, but if players in said position are wanting to have the money truck backed up for them based on one season then they can take a hike. Given our cap position then we couldn't pay Rice what he thought he was worth so it was clear he was going to go.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "Traveling_Vike" #1105354
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1105067
    The guy certainly has a right to his opinion, but gosh, a blogger really ought to have at least some understanding of the rules of the language in which he writes. I lost count of the errors after five.

This just killed me:

"Theres a lot of parody in the NFL these days and its often hard to tell a playoff team from a non playoff team during the preseason."

Wow. I just can't muster even the slightest bit of respect for someone who claims to be an NFL expert, and yet doesn't know the word "parity" in this context.
    I think he actually did achieve parody on this article.

I'm not sure what a Sr. Business Administrator does, but it doesn't sound very sports analyst-like.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Who? Who here is happy that we lost Rice and have Jenkins as his "replacement"?

Some hostility towards the player that left (and screwed us last year) is going to be natural. I'm irritated at him too. I don't blame him for taking the check, it's all part of the game but I certainly am not sporting much love for the guy right now.

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1105529

Some hostility towards the player that left (and screwed us last year) is going to be natural. I'm irritated at him too. I don't blame him for taking the check, it's all part of the game but I certainly am not sporting much love for the guy right now.
    *applause* B)

There are those that are glad he's gone & think he was just a one hit wonder & then only because of Favre.

When we lose a good player to FA, I don't get irritated at that player that I liked as a Viking, I get irritated at the front office for not keeping him or at least trying to keep him.

I don't think hatred towards a player a person likes is natural like you & J14 do.

When Birk left, I was sad to see him go, not angry with him. Did you witness people here that were "naturally" angry at him?

When Chester Taylor left, I was sad to see him go, not angry with him. Did you witness people here that were "naturally" angry at him?

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1105632

There are those that are glad he's gone & think he was just a one hit wonder & then only because of Favre.

When we lose a good player to FA, I don't get irritated at that player that I liked as a Viking, I get irritated at the front office for not keeping him or at least trying to keep him.

I don't think hatred towards a player a person likes is natural like you & J14 do.

When Birk left, I was sad to see him go, not angry with him. Did you witness people here that were "naturally" angry at him?

When Chester Taylor left, I was sad to see him go, not angry with him. Did you witness people here that were "naturally" angry at him?
    The circumstances regarding Rice's last season and departure from the Vikings is much different than Birk or Taylor.

People were mad at Rice before he even left due to how he conducted himself in the 2010 season with the injury/surgery, etc. Rice, IMO used his injury as a disguise to hold out and save PR face.

I think had he resigned with the Vikings we'd easily forgive him but after signing elsewhere it became even more clear that his actions last year were all about the money and he decided that he simply didn't want to play out his final contract year.

Again, Rice's departure was on much different grounds than Birk or Taylor.

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

BH as already hit the nail on the head really, im mad at Rice because he fcuked us last season, no doubt in my mind.

Totally different circumstances to your examples of Birk and CT, i was sad to see them both go as well.

Quote Originally Posted by "Johnson14" #1105710

BH as already hit the nail on the head really, im mad at Rice because he fcuked us last season, no doubt in my mind.

Totally different circumstances to your examples of Birk and CT, i was sad to see them both go as well.
    Did he really fuck us or is that just what people want to believe? Did he not try to let it heal without having the surgery so he would be with us for the entire season?

Did you feel Birk fucked us when he had a season ending surgery when he could have played and had the surgery after the season?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345