Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Hawks vs Vikes (Whats being Said)

The price for Rice

Rice, 24, received a five-year, $41 million contract from the Seahawks, but the breaking point for the Vikings was that $18.5 million of it was guaranteed. That would have been fine if Rice's production across the board had been as good as it was in 2009, but that wasn't even close to being the case.

Nice lil read from the strib.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Quote Originally Posted by "Johnson14" #1104841
    Will be nice to see "one season" take a few big hit too from our DB's B)
    FYI, Rice was recovering from surgery last year, thus unable to play in 10 games last year, otherwise he would have had another good year.

"one season" as you call him, in the 6 games he did play in last year, scored more TD's, had more receiving yards & had a 7.0YPC (16.5) more than Berrian did (9.0) in the 14 games he played in last year.

In the 6 games he did play in, we were 3-3. 4 of which were quarterbacked by Jackson & Webb. In the games he did not play in we were 3-7. All of which were quarterbacked by Favre

So, while the Seahawks are fortunate to have "one season" on their team, we are stuck filling his shoes with "No Season", which incidentally is a registered SSP trademark.

But hey, you can keep on believing that Berrian is better than Rice.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Quote Originally Posted by "Johnson14" #1105128
    The price for Rice

Rice, 24, received a five-year, $41 million contract from the Seahawks, but the breaking point for the Vikings was that $18.5 million of it was guaranteed. That would have been fine if Rice's production across the board had been as good as it was in 2009, but that wasn't even close to being the case.

Nice lil read from the strib.
    And as far as the media goes, half truths abound.

The Vikings didn't want to let Sidney Rice get away, but they also didn't want to throw $41M at the oft-injured receiver.
    They didn't want to resign him & never even attempted to sign him after the lockout because of their cap situation. Rice wanted to stay in MN, but the Vikings never once made a single offer after the lockout ended.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Last night was vintage qb play...Under throws, over throws, poor reads, poor pass selection... Seachicken fans might wanna keep the receipts for the TJoke jersey's they bought! :laugh: :laugh:

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Here's a lovely comments from a Seattle fan forum:
    I just watched the first half again. The O-line was not nearly as bad as we made it sound earlier. Jackson had numerous opportunities and time to step up in the pocket and/or throw down field. Instead, he scrambled outside the pocket time after time and made terrible plays (and even worse mechanics, what is that hop-skip throw?!). He looked marginal at best. It is really disappointing since he is supposedly the guy that is supposed to bring cohesion and competitiveness to the offense.
    Now someone there has twigged about TJ's mechanics after 2 preseason games ( which aren't the same in terms of playing time as 2 regular season games). How come Bevell and the rest of the 'TJ wasn't given a fair crack of the whip' booster squad haven't twigged this yet?
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1105129
    Quote Originally Posted by "Johnson14" #1104841
    Will be nice to see "one season" take a few big hit too from our DB's B)
    FYI, Rice was recovering from surgery last year, thus unable to play in 10 games last year, otherwise he would have had another good year.
    ah the good old recovering from surgery excuse. If Rice and his pain in the arse agent had wanted to, then the surgery would have been done earlier so that Sidney could have played for a complete season. Instead they wanted to be paid based on his one season and use that as the benchmark. As I recall the Vikes made an offer prior to the lockout but that was ignored as the player/agent wanted to go for the huge payout after a new CBA was agreed. Net result they got the contract they wanted but not in Minn, so boo-hoo Rice had to pay out and get his stuff U-Hauled to the west coast. Thats the chance you take in contract negotiations, the other party have the option to pull out at any time when it doesn't suit their finances or plans.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Quote Originally Posted by "AngloVike" #1105239
    I just watched the first half again. The O-line was not nearly as bad as we made it sound earlier. Jackson had numerous opportunities and time to step up in the pocket and/or throw down field. Instead, he scrambled outside the pocket time after time and made terrible plays (and even worse mechanics, what is that hop-skip throw?!). He looked marginal at best. It is really disappointing since he is supposedly the guy that is supposed to bring cohesion and competitiveness to the offense.
    Now someone there has twigged about TJ's mechanics after 2 preseason games ( which aren't the same in terms of playing time as 2 regular season games). How come Bevell and the rest of the 'TJ wasn't given a fair crack of the whip' booster squad haven't twigged this yet?
    Nice find Anglo :laugh:

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1105040
    Quote Originally Posted by "12purplepride28" #1104831
    Quote Originally Posted by "triedandtruevikesfan" #1104830
    I would really like to see us kill T-Jack. I will be thoroughly embarrassed if he comes in and lights it up against us. I don't care if we have starters or back up players in, just PLEASE do not let him do well!!
    +1 I don't care who does it but I hope we crush him. I wish he was more of a douche but I feel like he has friends here and there is no animosity. Still hope he gets rocked. And Sidney can break a hip for all I care
    Why the hate for ole TJ?

Hack on him for his play if you will, it was warranted at times, but the cat was nothing but a pure pro when he was here.

On a side note, I do hope he kindof sucks a bit tomorrow though. Said it before, I hope Griff plays and he shadows Rice taking that option away from him.
    Pure Pro my ass. Do I need to dig up some of his comments? We can hate on TJ all we want. HE IS NOT A VIKING! Favre was though and you hated on him.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "AngloVike" #1105239

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! Time for an owned picture I think.

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1105067
    The guy certainly has a right to his opinion, but gosh, a blogger really ought to have at least some understanding of the rules of the language in which he writes. I lost count of the errors after five.

This just killed me:

"Theres a lot of parody in the NFL these days and its often hard to tell a playoff team from a non playoff team during the preseason."

Wow. I just can't muster even the slightest bit of respect for someone who claims to be an NFL expert, and yet doesn't know the word "parity" in this context.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast