Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Hawks vs Vikes (Whats being Said)

Quote Originally Posted by "12purplepride28" #1104831
    Quote Originally Posted by "triedandtruevikesfan" #1104830
    I would really like to see us kill T-Jack. I will be thoroughly embarrassed if he comes in and lights it up against us. I don't care if we have starters or back up players in, just PLEASE do not let him do well!!
    +1 I don't care who does it but I hope we crush him. I wish he was more of a douche but I feel like he has friends here and there is no animosity. Still hope he gets rocked. And Sidney can break a hip for all I care
    Why the hate for ole TJ?

Hack on him for his play if you will, it was warranted at times, but the cat was nothing but a pure pro when he was here.

On a side note, I do hope he kindof sucks a bit tomorrow though. Said it before, I hope Griff plays and he shadows Rice taking that option away from him.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

It is doubtful that he will see much playing time, but it is still always intriguing to see how much damage a player can do against a team they previously played for.
    Minnesota Vikings vs Seattle Seahawks: Sidney Rice Clashes With Former Team
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1105040
    I would really like to see us kill T-Jack. I will be thoroughly embarrassed if he comes in and lights it up against us. I don't care if we have starters or back up players in, just PLEASE do not let him do well!!
    +1 I don't care who does it but I hope we crush him. I wish he was more of a douche but I feel like he has friends here and there is no animosity. Still hope he gets rocked. And Sidney can break a hip for all I care
    Why the hate for ole TJ?

Hack on him for his play if you will, it was warranted at times, but the cat was nothing but a pure pro when he was here.

On a side note, I do hope he kindof sucks a bit tomorrow though. Said it before, I hope Griff plays and he shadows Rice taking that option away from him.
    It's more of a desire to see someone we gave up on not turn around and kick us in the ass, whether it's preseason or not. I don't want us to have given up the next Vick. Though after last night, I actually don't think I'd mind giving up the next Vick....
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by "12purplepride28" #1105044
    Why the hate for ole TJ?

It's more of a desire to see someone we gave up on not turn around and kick us in the ass, whether it's preseason or not. I don't want us to have given up the next Vick. Though after last night, I actually don't think I'd mind giving up the next Vick....
    I gotcha. I just don't like to hack on guys that don't warrant it when they leave. So far, very few have said anything that really warrants alot of hate and discontent from us the fans.

Even Ole Rice hasn't stepped out and really said anything bad. Just cleared the air on why he left. Money is cool and all, but some love will go a long way as well. Looks like the Seachickens gave him both.

As to Vick. Not a huge fan either, however, I thought his performance was pretty bad, but that can be expected, its preseason. What I found more alarming was how easily Big Ben picked apart that vaunted secondary.

Not one to tell you (not really you) I told you so, but it really doesn't matter how good DB's are if the QB has all day long to pass.

Opponent: Seattle Seahawks
    Day/Time: Saturday/10 p.m. ET
    Personnel notes: Coach Leslie Frazier expects starters to play into the second quarter. ... Receivers Percy Harvin (ribs) and Greg Camarillo (groin) won't play, giving significant opportunities a number of younger receivers, including Jaymar Johnson. ... Tight Visanthe Shiancoe (hamstring) and guard Anthony Herrera (knee) also aren't expected to play. ... Rookie quarterback Christian Ponder is expected to follow starter Donovan McNabb and work with the second team after serving as the No. 3 quarterback in last weekend's preseason opener.
    Focal point: There's no question the Vikings would like to see progress from their offense, particularly the first team, after a three-point effort last weekend at Tennessee. Protection for McNabb is important, but quite frankly, the Vikings just need to find a way to sustain a few drives so they can practice their new scheme in a game environment.

Previewing NFC North preseason Week 2

Danny O’Neil at the Seattle Times profiles Zach Miller, the Pro Bowl tight end from the Raiders who signed with the Seahawks in free agency. Offers O’Neil: “Zach Miller’s hands have caught more than just the NFL’s attention. He is one of only four tight ends in the league with 50 or more receptions in each of the three past seasons. Just don’t say Miller’s hands are soft. That’s simply not possible for a tight end, whose job description requires him to block the big uglies along the defensive line one play, and then catch a pass the next. ‘You have the lineman hands,’ Miller said, holding his out for display. ‘The swollen knuckles and the bloody fingers, peeled back nails.’ ”
    Gonna be a real good chance to see how well Erin is shaping up. This cat is one of those "Inline" guys that I keep preaching about.

At NFL.com, Michael Lombardi offers five tips for watching preseason games. No. 1 on his list: “Do we have a backup quarterback who can play and help the team win? Backup quarterbacks have a specific job description. For example, they must:

» Be able to finish and win a game without having any practice reps.
    » Have the ability to stay focused when not the starter.
    » Be able to check their ego and support the starter.
    » Give the defense a good week of practice by efficiently running the “look” team.
    » Make the team calm and confident when they walk into the huddle.
    » Be man enough to let the starter know when he screwed up.
    » Have a team-first attitude.
    John Boyle of the Everett Herald has the details on what was a very active practice for defensive end Red Bryant. Says Boyle: “Another positive sight for the Seahawks was that of DE Red Bryant going at full speed. On one play, he busted into the backfield for a “sack” giving QB Josh Portis a solid slap on the shoulders. Later in practice, Bryant chased down TE Domique Byrd all the way at the sideline and took Byrd down with a game-speed tackle. Bryant has been limited in most of training camp as he eases back from the knee injury that took him out last season, but Carroll said that on that play, ‘We realized Red is officially back.’ “
    Good test for our new T......

Cyber surfing: Friday

Not sure about the rest of you, but its been a damn long week waiting for this one to come.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Why the hate for ole TJ?

I had more of a "thank god he's not here anymore" attitude until Carroll and the GM started spouting off about how horribly the Vikings treated him. Now its personal and I want him to fail.

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by "delviking" #1104970
    rice injured again OMG unbelieveable lol
    I know right! :laugh:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast