Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Brad C. is offline Waterboy

Re: Hawks vs Vikes (Whats being Said)

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1104826
    Should be interesting with both him and Rice on the field... but not really.
    None

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Theres more than 3 in here that I think we will try to exploit (or that might exploit us) this weekend but thought these were interesting...

1) Seattle's offensive line is a rugged bunch when it comes to run blocking.
    Pass protection, however, is going to be a work in progress. The Seahawks were determined to improve their ground game, the results evident as they added three starting offensive linemen, each of whom weighs 319 pounds or more. Seattle's run game was rough and ready, finishing with 133 yards in San Diego. However, the Seahawks allowed two sacks in the first quarter alone, and Tarvaris Jackson's athleticism prevented a couple more. With rookies James Carpenter and John Moffitt on the right side, playing next to center Max Unger with only 17 career starts, Seattle has some work to do in terms of pass protection.
    Gonna be interesting to see if the run to the right (LDE) as much as our first apponent.

1) It's impossible not to wonder about Russell Okung's durability.
    It was premature to call him injury-prone last year as he suffered injuries to different ankles two months apart in 2010. Each injury was described as a high ankle sprain, which involves the ligament holding the two lower bones of the leg together. The injury used to be described as a broken leg. He never missed time in college and didn't have some sort of chronic condition in the joints. It seemed that might just be awful luck. But now, as Okung injured his left ankle on the first series of this second season in what his coach termed a non-contact situation, it's impossible not to be concerned about whether Okung will stay healthy enough to be the cornerstone the team expects at left tackle.
    "Pondered" about it in the Bores OL Sucks thread but I wonder if they are going to go after Big Mac.

1) How much of Seattle's first-quarter passing struggles was due to receiver absences?
    Seattle was missing four of its top five receivers Thursday: Sidney Rice (shoulder), Mike Williams (toe), Ben Obomanu (shoulder) and Kris Durham (hamstring). Carroll mentioned Jackson didn't have a lot of open receivers to throw to, and that lack of options gave San Diego's pass rush time to get home.
    Some would call this an excuse

Three things: A summary of Thursday's game
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "Brad C." #1104827
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1104826
    Should be interesting with both him and Rice on the field... but not really.
    From what I just posted/read, he will have the 4 starters that missed last weeks game available against us.

I'm think the matchups of how their OL runs against us and our DB's try to shut both Rice and Williams down to be the best matchups to watch.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

I would really like to see us kill T-Jack. I will be thoroughly embarrassed if he comes in and lights it up against us. I don't care if we have starters or back up players in, just PLEASE do not let him do well!!

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "triedandtruevikesfan" #1104830
    I would really like to see us kill T-Jack. I will be thoroughly embarrassed if he comes in and lights it up against us. I don't care if we have starters or back up players in, just PLEASE do not let him do well!!
    +1 I don't care who does it but I hope we crush him. I wish he was more of a douche but I feel like he has friends here and there is no animosity. Still hope he gets rocked. And Sidney can break a hip for all I care
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "12purplepride28" #1104831
    Quote Originally Posted by "triedandtruevikesfan" #1104830
    +1 I don't care who does it but I hope we crush him. I wish he was more of a douche but I feel like he has friends here and there is no animosity. Still hope he gets rocked. And Sidney can break a hip for all I care
    I had no animosity until Carroll and their GM started mouthing off about how we "treated" him.

Sidney went where the money was, can't really fault him for that. Would have loved to see some loyalty from him, but I didn't expect it.

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

Will be nice to see one of our DL squash TJoke, also be nice to see "one season" take a few big hit too from our DB's B)

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Quote Originally Posted by "Johnson14" #1104841
    Will be nice to see one of our DL squash TJoke, also be nice to see "one season" take a few big hit too from our DB's B)
    Is "one season" (I like that) even playing this week? I thought he was still nursing that shoulder injury.

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1104844
    Quote Originally Posted by "Johnson14" #1104841
    Is "one season" (I like that) even playing this week? I thought he was still nursing that shoulder injury.
    "one season" is a registered J14 trademark B) .... i didnt realize he wouldn't play, thought he was over the injury.. maybe he isnt.

delviking is offline Starter

rice injured again OMG unbelieveable lol

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast