Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    The Gap is offline Starter

Guess Who's Back

First a review, when I left yesterday I wrote (under "Wait Til You Read This"):

This is sort of like a game:
    It’s I’ll give you a fact that would favor Philadelphia and you guys try to spin it in favor of Minnesota.
    Mr. CajunVike seems to be the unofficial winner. He could have gotten a job in the George Bush re-election committee.

I appreciate the explanation of how the championship is like the Super Bowl. I understand now how losing 4 straight is so much different than just losing 4. Four straight loses would be the same basic group just not being the best, which is much different from assembling four different teams and still sharing the common label “loser”. Was that Minnesota that accomplished that?

Hey at least the Jets spared the Vikes from being the first team to lose to the AFC. Who would have wanted to remember the Chiefs that way?

As for thinking two 8-8 teams winning last week means they can continue to win against superior competition is rather optimistic but good because it demonstrates good mental health. Keep ignoring the fact the teams they beat were really bad too. If you put 4 blind squirrels in a room with two nuts two of them would eventually find nuts. Hell in the Rams/Seattle case with time running out on the first OT there was a question whether one of those teams …. , I mean blind squirrels, would ever find a nut anyway. As for Minnesota they found theirs when Brett imploded.
    I know you can convince yourselves that it was superior defensive play that led to him throwing four balls directly to the purple people. But explain how superior defense led to a man within a foot of a first down and two yards of the end zone flips an illegal pass? More a mistake than a defensive plus.

If those Minnesota DB’s are so good why were their season INT’s so low?

How about all those Minny fumbles? Does the fact they managed to recover them demonstrate good play?
    Put a few on the ground in Philly just to see what happens.

Speaking of Philly you guys are aware there’s no dome there right?

Now listen to me it sounds like I’m whining again.
    How can I make it up to you “good football knowin posters?”

Guess Who's Back

Well another day and more questions to ponder

Are the people of Minnesota really proud of Randy?
    Next time he’ll shake his D—k ……. Interesting
    Can you say arrogant?
    I can’t wait to hear the spin on why Minnesotians embrace that act.
    Ever notice how most elite athletes end up in broadcasting?
    I can’t wait to see who hires him made he could join Howard Stern on satellite radio.

After analyzing some of the things said yesterday I have to apologize to Purplepride because I thought he was referring to me as a weiner, which is really wiener, but I forgot about the intelligence factor so I’ll thank him and just mention it’s spelled “winner.”

Telling me how purple and gold is the color of Kings you forgot to mention and Queens. Also to refer to that other color as gold is a bit of a stretch. New Orleans and St Louis have gold Minny’s is Yellow. I was also wondering do the folks of Minnesota think we are ruled by Kings? I know it’s confusing when a Wrestler becomes governor but there are no Kings here. Not to get into politics but is there any true that Minnesota is considering Bugs Bunny as their next Gov?

Another thing I was wondering about. Why are the Vikings the only team in the NFC that’s from a state? Is it the city they play in doesn’t want to be associated with the Vikings or does the team feel to get more than 100 fans they need to take on the state name. Using that kind of logistics we could end up playing ourselves in the Super Bowl in the form of The Pennsylvania Eagles vs The Pennsylvania Steelers. That does give the state of PA. 4 Super Bowl trophies.

To the guy from Fargo way to go dude have you tried to locate the money? Not that I approve but does it matter to you that when they made that movie they were making fun of the citizens of Fargo and that area. Where do you think I learned how to say Yaaah and Aye? (I’m sure they aren’t spelled correctly but I don’t have access to a Minnesota dictionary.

I guess I need that to brush up on my “good football knowin posters” like “gol 'darnit thing”

Here’s a current status report: so far I’ve been referred to a whiner, a wiener (or as spelled in Minn. weiner, a lil snit, stinky gap, and gapteeth. Now I know Minnesota is gonna win

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

Guess Who's Back

hey stop gap measure,
    are you in politics?
    well we lead the league last year. our secondary is more than capable of handling your panty waiste WR's.
    pep hasnt fumbled the ball in i cant tell u when. holds no water.
    troll
    your theories hold no water.
    go back from whence you came
    back to the dark troll

FeartheFreak is offline Training Camp

Guess Who's Back

our secondary is more than capable of handling your panty waiste WR's.
    :?

Last game:

D. McNabb passed to L. Smith down the middle for 11 yard touchdown. D. Akers made PAT

2nd-9, PHI43 10:55 D. McNabb passed to C. Lewis to the left for 9 yard gain
    1st-10, MIN48 10:55 D. McNabb passed to C. Lewis down the middle for 15 yard gain

D. McNabb passed to B. Westbrook to the left for 19 yard gain.

D. McNabb passed to F. Mitchell to the left for 14 yard gain.

D. McNabb passed to J. Ritchie to the left for 11 yard gain

D. McNabb passed to L. Smith down the middle for 10 yard gain

D. McNabb passed to B. Westbrook down the middle for 15 yard gain

Yes, way to handle us. :roll:
    [b:c9f39b7d76]One team. One City. One Dream.[/b:c9f39b7d76]
    [img:c9f39b7d76]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v348/swflyers8/Eagles%20Stuff/img7702873.jpg[/img:c9f39b7d76]

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

Guess Who's Back

Yes, but T.O. was in to draw coverage away from those guys.

He has the same impact that Randy has on our offense.

For those few games he was out, we couldn't run the ball. Put him back in the lineup, and our offense is back to full power.

I think T.O. being out will allow us to key on McNabb and Westbrook. Try to shut down the run and force McNabb to beat us by throwing to Mitchell, Smith, Pinkston, etc. without Owens drawing an extra defender his way. Also, there's a lot more pressure on Philly to win, win means our D will probably just pin their ears back and blitz often. High risk, high reward. They have nothing to lose, because, just like last week, they are not supposed to win this game.

Either way, I think this will be a good game. May the best team (Vikings) win.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

Guess Who's Back

Yes, but T.O. was in to draw coverage away from those guys.

He has the same impact that Randy has on our offense.

For those few games he was out, we couldn't run the ball. Put him back in the lineup, and our offense is back to full power.

I think T.O. being out will allow us to key on McNabb and Westbrook. Try to shut down the run and force McNabb to beat us by throwing to Mitchell, Smith, Pinkston, etc. without Owens drawing an extra defender his way. Also, there's a lot more pressure on Philly to win, which
    means our D will probably just pin their ears back and blitz often. High risk, high reward. They have nothing to lose, because, just like last week, they are not supposed to win this game.

Either way, I think this will be a good game. May the best team (Vikings) win.

Guess Who's Back

Those ideas sound valid, they are even more convincing when you post them twice.
    Moss is back? How much doubling do the birds have to do when the guy has trouble walking? He’ll come out looking OK but do you think the Philly DB’s aren’t going to rough him up? When any player goes out banged up do you think the opponents are careful not to hurt them? When you play with an injury you may as well be wearing a target. Want some names of guys he’ll meet, never mind just watch.
    The real story is matchups so take a good look at them. After you do tell me where you see an advantage.
    Anything can happen a tipped ball, penalties, fumble or a key injury. That’s when things turn around but do you think 8-8 and 13-3 (2 losses for backups) don’t mean anything? I guess not if you’re the one that’s 8-8. Somehow the remaining Eagle receivers have been discounted as if they are the worst in the league. How did the Eagles put up a 12-4 if these guys are incompetent? If no T.O. helps you gain confidence great it’s nice to have hope.

Guess Who's Back

P.S. The 12-4 I reffered to was last year without T.O.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

Guess Who's Back

Do you hear any whistling because that may be the air blowing through your ears, that may be the gap you are talking about. First off idiot, I didn't know New England was a city or Carolina or Tennessee. So you already sound clueless to me. And you are pathetic having to latch onto Pittsburgh's super bowl wins to make your team sound better. The fact is how many super bowls have the Eagles won. Probably as high as you can count so I will help you out ZERO!!! You say we haven't won one neither have you. You got blown out by a wild card team the Raiders. You guys were huge favorites and you sucked big time. You haven't won any kind of title since 1960. So your team hasn't done anything but choke too. So what are going on about? Your team is a choke team and has been since Minnesota came into the league. So take your buttmunching, trash talking sissy butt and go back to your philly fans where they will cry with you about losing all those championship games!!!!

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Guess Who's Back

Gap, although you make a somewhat valid point, the big difference is this, T.O. will be on the bench while Moss will be on the field.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast