Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Greetings from a Dallas Cowboys Fan!

Welcome to the site. First of all, the official site is garbage. This is much better.

Our vaunted rushing attack is going to be a huge factor in the game and let me tell you this. Most teams from here on out are forgetting about Chester Taylor who ran for 1200 yards last year. He's definitely due for a big game so don't concentrate all of your energy on stopping Peterson. I can say for sure that we have the best 2 headed monster attack in the entire league when they are both healthy.

Our passing attack is just what you said it is. It's not scary whatsoever but don't write it off as ineffective. Without a few drops last week from Sidney Rice, Bobby Wade, and Robert Ferguson, everyone would be talking about the passing attack finally opening up for the vikings. I doubt we pass all that much judging from the bears game but your corners are going to have to watch out for that play action all day.

Marion Barber III and Julius Jones won't be able to run at all on us. When was the last time we allowed a 100 yard rusher? Seriously... I can't remember.

Our pass D is decent but looks horrible on paper considering how much teams throw on us. You guys will rack up a bunch of yards just like the bears. Our secondary is pretty good so some INT's may pop up for Grossman but don't expect him to get sacked much. Edwards and Udeze are decent at hurrying the QB but we are really not a great team at getting to the QB unless we blitz a LB (see Ben Leber vs. Bears).

Henderson is a monster and was all over the field vs. the bears. He has emerged as (IMO) one of our, if not the best player on defense.

I see the cowboys winning this one by a close margin. A ton of cowboys fans are writing us off this week as an easy win but seem to forget how easily they collapsed against the bills.

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Welcome to the site DallasCowboy54... Great Cowboy players with that number, Chuck Howley, and Randy White. Good days for ya'll.

I hope that the Boys stack the line of scrimmage, as our passing game is starting to come around. We will beat single coverage on the outside, and our tightend Shiancoe, although
    no Whitten should be able to press the seam against your defense. We have been successful against stacked defenses all year and we won't abandon the run, as it is our bread and butter. While you are so wary of AP, do not forget Chester Taylor, both kept fresh will slash away big gains.

On defense we must contain Romo and get in his face. If we disrupt his timing and get him offbalance we should get a turnover or 2. That could well be the difference in this game.

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

Sunday is going to show exactly what we have...I hope for a great game. This will be a test and on the road. Cowboy's vs Vikings..I can't wait.

TARKenton is offline Asst. Coach

Its nice to know that there are sensible cowboy fans out there.

i agree with most that has been mentioned.
    this game is not as big of a mismatch as it seems on paper.
    romo could have a field day, but hopefully our pass D wont have the lapses it did against the bears last week (see 2 long tds in 2 mins).
    i hope we take a page out of the buffalo game and stay in romos face all game.

the boys will not run against us, but dont feel bad, nobody runs against the vikes.

it should be a good game.
    ending in a vikings W!
    ...Rodgers had to hold on the ball longer, giving players like Jared "I am completely insane and will literally eat your children" Allen time to sack Rodgers again.And again. And again. Actually I think Rodgers may have nightmares about Jared Allen the rest of the year.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

What do you know?
    An enemy fan who has more to say than BS ;D
    So, what is the line on this game anyway?

Our pass D isn't good, but its not as bad as it looks either...41.4 pass attempts per game for most in the league.
    Eventually, someone will get beat.
    On the other hand, opponents only rush at us 24.8 times a game...which is tenth least.
    The cowboys will definitely be the best offense we have faced, and they have the weapons to spread it out on us...certainly a challenge!

On the other side, our No.1 rushing offense is up against the No. 6 rush defense and our questionable (but improving) passing game will be up against the No. 24 pass D (yds/game) who have allowed 11 TDs, which is third worst in the league.
    WE REALLY NEED TJACK AND THE WRS TO STEP UP HERE!

As for win/losses, I think, both of our records are a bit misleading...the Vikings have lost 3 games by a total of 13 points against the 5-1 Pukers, and at the 3-3 Chiefs and at the 3-2 kittens.
    The Cowboys have won five games but against only one winning team, the NYG are 4-2.
    They've beaten the winless dolphins and rams, the 1-4 Bills, and the 2-4 Bores...not all that impressive.

So, heres to a good game with the Purple Pride finding another win on the road!!!!
    SKOL!!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

gr8vike is offline Asst. Coach

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:

Marion Barber III and Julius Jones won't be able to run at all on us. When was the last time we allowed a 100 yard rusher? Seriously... I can't remember.

The last one was the last game of the year in 2006 Steven Jackson rushed for 142 yards on us.

This excerpt is from the KC vs. Vikings pregame article on KCChiefs.com

The Vikings led the NFL in rushing defense in 2006, allowing only 985 rushing yards (61.6 ypg) on the season, the second-lowest tally permitted since the AFL-NFL merger. Minnesota gave up over 100 team rushing yards just three times a year ago, while allowing just one individual 100-yard rusher (Steven Jackson, STL – 142 yards on 12/31/06). Dating back to 2005, the Chiefs have allowed an average of just 83.6 rushing ypg at Arrowhead, the second-lowest home rushing mark in the league. Minnesota ranks fourth in the league over that same span, permitting 88.2 ground ypg at home.

Thanks PPE for the Sig

Fighting on the Internet is like competing in the Special Olympics, even if you win, you are still mentally challenged!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12