Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DallasCowboys54 is offline Waterboy

Greetings from a Dallas Cowboys Fan!

Hi, I'm from the Dallas Cowboys Fan Forums and I'd like to say a few things:

Firstly - The Vikings official NFL website is confusing, I registered for an account thinking it was for a fan forum and then I find out there is none =\

Secondly - I'm not here to talk smack or anything, just to gather some opinions.

Adrian Peterson is a BEAST, there's no doubt about it.
    I'm curious to see how he does against Dallas' Run Defense, which so far hasn't allowed a 100 yard rusher this year.
    Now we haven't faced LaDanian Tomlinson or Larry Johnson, but we HAVE stuffed Ronnie Brown (the only bright spot on a HORRIBLE Dolphins team), Marshawn Lynch, Brandon Jacobs/Reuben Droughns/Derrick Ward, Sammy Morris, and Cedric Benson, who aren't exactly slouches.
    This to me is going to be the Major highlight of the game.
    One of the biggest and best runners in the league vs one of the best Run Defenses in the league.

I'm sorry to be so blunt, but your quarterback/wide receiver situation doesn't scare me in the least.
    It took future HoF Tom Brady and Randy Moss AND the Cowboys constantly killing drives through penalties to expose the Cowboys' relatively weak Secondary.
    True Eli Manning and Plaxico Burress put up some pretty numbers against us (35 points, to be exact), but that was against a team still trying to re-mold the defense after Terence Newman went down and starting a rookie Defensive End-turned-Linebacker in start of our very crucial Pass Rusher (ie when he went down and all the attention focused on DeMarcus Ware, we fell faster than a lead balloon), on top of a Cornerback who had started all of 1 game prior (Jacques Reeves, whom I'm sure none of you have ever heard of).
    Either way, the Cowboys can easily stack 8 in the box and focus entirely on stuffing the run/containing Adrian Beasterson.

However, the Vikings defense vs our Offense is going to be the second Major Highlight of the game.
    Tony Romo had a great game against the Patriots' defense up until the last two minutes when he threw a boneheaded and game-ending interception.
    The week before that he had a horrible game, throwing five picks and fumbling once.
    Before that, he was a movie star with a 113 QB rating and some 11 or so Touchdowns (I forget).
    He was and still is consistently good against what at the time are perceived as good or even great defenses.
    Chicago was still a top defense until the Cowboys game, as was the Dolphins and the Patriots defense couldn't do a whole lot to stop him, as most of those stops came from penalties (holding, false starts, etc).

In the same breath, Marion Barber is a beast who seems to enjoy running straight into linebackers and corners and blowing them up (y helo thar Zach Thomas and Joey Porter).
    He doesn't quit (as seen by his amazing "two yard gain" against the Patriots vaunted defense last week).
    However, with Kevin Williams and Pat Williams the Vikings have an incredible run defense (sorry if I can't namedrop for the Vikings as I can for the Cowboys), and this should lead to a pretty epic battle.

-
    -
    -
    Or, using the Any Given Sunday rule, it could end in the Cowboys falling flat on their face and getting blown out 54-3.
    Or it could end oppositely with the Cowboys knocking Peterson out of the game with an injury (like they did with Sammy Morris, Brandon Jacobs, Zach Thomas, et al) and then running all over the Vikings.
    Anything can happen in a game, which is why they're always so much fun to watch =]

Either way, I'm looking forward to a great exciting game and want to hear your opinions.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Greetings from a Dallas Cowboys Fan!

Skol and welcome to the site DallasCowboys54.
    We always are happy to see intelligent fans of other teams.

I think you were right in your two highlights of the game.
    AD versus your run Defense, and Romo versus our pass defense.

I think we both know that Barber isn't going to be an factor.
    Why try run against the best rushing D for the past two years when you can throw against the "worst" passing D of the past two years?
    That being said, I think it is important to realize that one of the big reasons that our pass D looks suspect on paper is because of opponents being forced to abandon the run. Our secondary may not be the best in the league, but on the field it definately isn't the worst either.
    Romo has shown that he will take chances, throwing an INT in all but one game this year.
    The Vikings D is opportunistic and likes to go for the ball, so expect at least one pick on Sunday.

Dallas's defense is easily the weakest part of the team, and everyone knew that before the Pats came into town.
    Buffalo scored 24 points against them for crying out loud.
    As far as Dallas stacking 8 men in the box, I hope they do.
    AD has shown that he can still break off huge runs even is the box is stacked.
    And that also means that Horse Collar Roy Williams is going to be playing close to the line for run support (which is the only thing he can do decently).
    That means that a couple of well timed play action passes and we are either going to have TWill or Rice one on one with a corner in the secondary or Wade open in the slant.

This is a winnable game for the Vikings.
    If I had to name a favorite, I would still say that it is the Cowboys.
    But this Vikings team has all the makings to shock that nation on Sunday.

Here is to a GREAT game with no injuries (<- Hear that Roy?
    Stop with the fucking horse collar already)
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Well, I think the EJ, Leber and Greenway will be bringing a special welcome back to MN hammer to MB III.
    EJ was flat out crunching the Bears RBs.
    He just about ended their 3rd string RBs career on that last play before the half.
    BTW, that non-safety was an awesome run by Barber.
    I secretly root for MB III when he is not playing the Vikes, oops, the Gopher is out of the bag now.

Our running game is not the same as the Phins, that is for sure.
    Brown is a good back and that was great for ya'll to hold him below 100.
    We are fix'n to pull the O.Kie-doke with the two headed rushing attack.

Awfully sorry you ran into our official web site.
    It has blown for years.
    That is how I found this place, forced to seek refuge and luckily stumbled upon PPO.

About our nonthreatening QB, just give him some time. I actually think the injury did him some good.
    He looked poised, unlike the Det game, against the Bears last week.
    He was accurate for the most part and his stats would have been better if the WRs wouldn't have dropped some easy one.
    I think that the passing game might depend on the WRs catching the ball.
    The QB and the WRs, need to have the best game of the season so far if we want to win.

The one thing that can't be calculated in predicting a winner is the turn over battle.
    Our D is scrappy and we have done well so far.

We have a lot of southerners heading back to or near home, I think they will be fired up.
    We are going to need Grif's best effort along with Robison, and of course AP

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

Welcome to the site Cowboys54.
    It should be a great game.
    As a fan of Marion Barber the 3rd it is going to be interesting to see how he does against the Vikings defense.
    That run he had last week against the Pat's was unbelieveable.
    I did not try to count the number of tackles he broke, but it was an exciting run for a short gain.
    I thought they had him trapped in the end zone for a safety.
    I am more concerned about him catching balls out of the backfield than actually running it.
    Good Luck!

Nodak, I don't think that the Bills scored a TD on offense.
    I think it was special teams (1) and the defense (2).

I will double check that stat.

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    Dallas's defense is easily the weakest part of the team, and everyone knew that before the Pats came into town.
    Just to clarify - The Buffalo DEFENSE scored 14 of those, the special teams got another one, and the offense got them a field goal.
    They returned two of Romo's five picks that game for TDs (including that badass bat and catch by their linebacker in the endzone).
    The defense actually kept us in the game by now allowing Edwards or Lynch to score.

As far as Dallas stacking 8 men in the box, I hope they do.
    AD has shown that he can still break off huge runs even is the box is stacked.
    And that also means that Horse Collar Roy Williams is going to be playing close to the line for run support (which is the only thing he can do decently).
    That means that a couple of well timed play action passes and we are either going to have TWill or Rice one on one with a corner in the secondary or Wade open in the slant.
    It really will be one of the more epic battles of the week =].
    Bradie James is one of the more consistent wrap up tacklers in the game.
    Ware is becoming a pretty consistent beast.
    Anthony Spencer's transition to Outside Linebacker has progressed far better than anyone expected and is hitting some of these guys pretty hard (he nearly killed Eli Manning).

This is a winnable game for the Vikings.
    If I had to name a favorite, I would still say that it is the Cowboys.
    But this Vikings team has all the makings to shock that nation on Sunday.
    I agree, and hope that it is an exciting game.
    Watching the Cowboys blow out teams was cool, but incredibly boring.
    Watching the Cowboys win/lose incredibly close ones = amazing TV

Here is to a GREAT game with no injuries (<- Hear that Roy?
    Stop with the fricken horse collar already)
    Just to clarify - Even though Roy has been displaying moments of extreme boneheadedness (is that a word?) and using the Horse Collar Tackle, he's also been a fairly reliable wrap up tackler this year, I believe he's second on the team with tackles, and only two or three of them were horse collar tackles (which I concur is far too many).
    He also had the really amusing moment of trying to shoulder tackle the Bears' starting Tight End (whose name escapes me) where he literally bounced off.
    I think that convinced him to try actually tackling XD

About our nonthreatening QB, just give him some time. I actually think the injury did him some good.
    He looked poised, unlike the Det game, against the Bears last week.
    He was accurate for the most part and his stats would have been better if the WRs wouldn't have dropped some easy one.
    I think that the passing game might depend on the WRs catching the ball.
    The QB and the WRs, need to have the best game of the season so far if we want to win.
    That's good to know.
    If I had my way, every team would be an eminent threat any game.
    I don't like seeing blowouts, they're boring.
    I don't know a whole lot about Tarvaris Jackson other than what Madden (LIES) tells me, and it'd be good to see the Vikings get another franchise Quarterback.

The one thing that can't be calculated in predicting a winner is the turn over battle.
    Our D is scrappy and we have done well so far.
    This is something I feel makes and breaks Tony Romo.
    He's one of the more accurate passers in the game with great zip on his passes.
    He's incredibly mobile (not fast) and elusive (not fast), but at times his decision making can kill him.
    I think the Vikings D will be a healthy challenge for him.

"DallasCowboys54" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Just to clarify - The Buffalo DEFENSE scored 14 of those, the special teams got another one, and the offense got them a field goal.
    They returned two of Romo's five picks that game for TDs (including that badass bat and catch by their linebacker in the endzone).
    The defense actually kept us in the game by now allowing Edwards or Lynch to score.
    See we like to run back INTs also.

Blog Entries

"DallasCowboys54" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    Nodak, I don't think that the Bills scored a TD on offense.
    I think it was special teams (1) and the defense (2).

I will double check that stat.
    Ah.
    I stand corrected in that regard.
    OK, so we'll let our defense scored a couple on Sunday too. ;D
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Blog Entries

"DallasCowboys54" wrote:
    That's good to know.
    If I had my way, every team would be an eminent threat any game.
    I don't like seeing blowouts, they're boring.
    I don't know a whole lot about Tarvaris Jackson other than what Madden (LIES) tells me, and it'd be good to see the Vikings get another franchise Quarterback
    Madden is worthless when it comes to discussing football.
    And I am talking about both the game and the man... ;D
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "DallasCowboys54" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    See we like to run back INTs also.
    lol, I like it
    ;D

On that note though, I'm in a college class that's about to end, so the Laptop turns off.
    I'm most likely going to forget that I registered here (bad memory and all) and won't be back.
    It's cool seeing some amicable discussion between fans, since all we get at the Cowboys forum are "WE GUN KICK COWGIRLS ASS! R U READY!?" from visiting fans.
    Well, sayonara and here's to a good game!

Madden is worthless when it comes to discussing football.
    And I am talking about both the game and the man... Grin
    Oh hell no.
    Madden's the MAN.
    Srsly watch any Sunday Night Football game
    -Panoramic of the stadium, camera focuses on some players
    -Camera closeup of Al Michaels as he begins commentary on both teams
    -Camera zooms out to reveal John Madden to his side, head lodged so deep in his shoulders that the tip of his ears are level with the top of his shoulders, choking up on a microphone that's clearly screaming for its life
    -And then he beings talking - Hilarity ensues.

Enjoy guys =]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast