Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Re: Greetings from Cincinnati...no smack talk here

"purplepat" wrote:
    "webmaster" wrote:
    Johnson won't be tough to cover...but we can't tell you who, because if you get the right one in a one on one, we'll get smoked everytime.
    I respectfully disagree, Webby. I live here in Cincinnati and see Johnson play frequently. He will be EXTREMELY HARD to cover! Behind perhaps only Torry Holt, Johnson will be the best WR the Vikings will face all season. The best thing Vikings fans can hope for is that Johnson won't beat the DBs for a huge gain/TD.

This game is going to be a tough one, Viking faithful. The Bengals have all the makings of an offensive machine. As improved as the Vikings D may be, they will have their hands full trying to keep the Bengals out of the end zone. I suspect the Vikings will have to score at least 27 points this week to win. I hope they are up to the task.
    I was just teasing him :lol:

BengalBrian is offline Waterboy

Good luck guys... Hopefully it ends an injury free game and a 2-0 record for us!

No smack talk here either... Never had a beef with the Vikes... In fact, I thought you guys had a great chance in winning it all the beginning of last year... Losing moss has to suck, but you seem to have a great D forming. I think this will be a toss up as to who wins, but my homerism tells me it will be the Bengals...

Good luck again!
    Brian
    www.cincybengals.com

eclipse99t is offline Waterboy

Hey guys, I'm also a Bengals fan, just scouting out....

I just kinda had a general question. I saw on ESPN something about Kevin Williams being arrested or something...is that even true, and if so, is he gonna play on Sunday vs. us? Because he's one heck of a player, and our O-line is gonna be in trouble if he's starting...

Anyway, you guys shouldn't underestimate our offense, especially Palmer. He has had a 100+ rating the last 4 or 5 games he's played, and he's looking very strong coming out of Cleveland, getting into a good rhythm with the receivers...he's prone to costly interceptions, though, and I know your secondary is very good. Should be a good matchup, looking forward to it. Nice site you guys got going here.

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

I like these Bengals fans :grin:

Nice to see a fan from another team not trolling.

As far as defense goes on Sunady, I'm really exited about it, last sunday was considered our "gelling" game for the defense, and they looked awesome even then. As far as Offense goes, I think it will be "hit-or-miss" I have all the respect in the world for Culpepper, and i think things will fianlly start clicking during one game, and stay churning all year. The only question is, when will the big game be?

Looking forward to a big matchup on sunday (unfortaunatly I will miss it :sad: ) The time it takes for me to get home from church will be agonizing... :lol:

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

"eclipse99t" wrote:
    I just kinda had a general question. I saw on ESPN something about Kevin Williams being arrested or something...is that even true, and if so, is he gonna play on Sunday vs. us? Because he's one heck of a player, and our O-line is gonna be in trouble if he's starting...
    heh heh :twisted:

He's starting.

He has a court appearance in a while though, VERY unlikely he will miss even one game.

Cricket is offline Waterboy

Hey, guys, another Bengal fan here...lookin' forward to a good game.

Someone earlier posted about playing on grass... The Bengals installed FieldTurf last year. You can read about it here:

[ http://www.bengals.com/press/news.asp?iCurPage=0&news_id=2250 ]

:idea: I just had to add this emoticon because I couldn't tell at first if it was a light bulb or the Packer's fans' view of Moss last year. :grin:

BTW, I love the avatar with the GB/handicap logo.

Cricket is offline Waterboy

Someone earlier posted about playing on grass... The Bengals installed FieldTurf last year. You can read about it here:

:idea: I just had to add this emoticon because I couldn't tell at first if it was a light bulb or the Packer's fans' view of Moss last year. :grin:

JohnStofa is offline Training Camp

Another Bengals fan here. Really enjoying this site.

I think too much is being made about both teams' Week One games. Yes, we won fairly easily, but it was the Browns. Not exactly a statement-making victory. I taped the Vikings/Bucs game and was able to watch it a couple days ago. That game was a lot closer than the final score shows. And Cadillac Williams' yardage total was misleading too because half of it came on that one play in the final minute. Before that he was averaging under 3 ypc.

In my opinion the jury is still out on both the Bengals and Vikings as we head into Week Two. It should be an interesting game no doubt. And while there's a lot of talk about the individual matchup of Johnson and Smoot, it should be noted that the Bengals have a lot of weapons on offense, not just Chad Johnson. I like that Chad talks like he does, because it takes the attention away from other players, like Carson Palmer, Rudi Johnson, TJ Houshmanzadeh, Chris Perry, Kevin Walter, etc. Shutting Chad down doesn't necessarily mean you shut down the Bengal offense.

Defensively the Bengals are probably a year away from being where they want to be. Against the Browns our leading tacklers were two rookies and two second year players. We're young, but we're talented. Stopping the run is going to be an area to watch for us this year, but you guys struggled running the ball against the Bucs so maybe that stat will even itself out. As others have said, keep your eye on Odell Thurman. He's going to be a star. It's just a matter of time.
    Bengals, baby!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"Cricket" wrote:

I never thought of that emoticon like that, but that's pretty funny! lol

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

BADITUDE is offline Waterboy

Yet another Bengals fan here. I'm looking forward to an extremely exciting game. I'm not certain whether this will be a defensive or offensive game, but it will most certainly be a close, hard fought one.

I am encouraged for the Bengals' chances when I hear about your offensive line issues. We have had problems stopping the run and getting QB sacks in the past. Although I know the Vikings have every intention of bouncing back into the win column, they will be visitors to The Jungle. Being the home opener for us, in addition to anticipating a legitament playoff season for the first time in 12 years, we plan on being VERY LOUD. I believe "the 12th man" in the stands could be a deciding factor in the outcome.

I'm looking forward to the "Trash Mash" between CJ and Smoots. I don't generally approve of such activity, but this week will be different and special. Both Chad and Smoots have a history between them and it's all in good fun and friendly competition.

Looking forward to discussing some more football with you all.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast