Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    bengalfan is offline Waterboy

Greetings from Cincinnati...no smack talk here

Just wanted to say good luck to you guys, but not too much luck on Sunday.

I was flipping back and forth on Direct TV Sunday watching your game with the Bucs and I dont see any reason for Vikings fans to panic. We here in Bengaland are worried about your pass game and the explosiveness of it. Your receivers will be a great test for our secondary, which gave up too many big plays to the Browns.

The only disagreement is that our offensive line is not weak as someone mentioned. I know it was against the lowly Browns, but Palmer wasnt closed to being touched and had plenty of time to throw.

Should be a great game, everyone here is looking forward to it as it looks like the Vikings are one of the leagues elite teams.

sitandbehitski is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Greetings from Cincinnati...no smack talk here

Weak offensive line? Willie Anderson is the best Right Tackle in the league, and Levi Jones is pretty da|\/|n good himself, your middle MIGHT be a little weak, but than again who are we to talk?

I'm personally scared right now, sure the Bengals D isn't as good as the Buccsaneers (no offense) but their offense is probably alot better. Overall I'd say we're probably in for another tough game, with Justin Smith all over culpepper the same way Simeon Rice was.

DA|\/|MIT!!! Why did Birk have to get injured?!!!
    I may be an a$$, but at least I m a smart one

smootpepper is offline Pro-Bowler

"bengalfan" wrote:
    Just wanted to say good luck to you guys, but not too much luck on Sunday.

I was flipping back and forth on Direct TV Sunday watching your game with the Bucs and I dont see any reason for Vikings fans to panic. We here in Bengaland are worried about your pass game and the explosiveness of it. Your receivers will be a great test for our secondary, which gave up too many big plays to the Browns.

The only disagreement is that our offensive line is not weak as someone mentioned. I know it was against the lowly Browns, but Palmer wasnt closed to being touched and had plenty of time to throw.

Should be a great game, everyone here is looking forward to it as it looks like the Vikings are one of the leagues elite teams.
    Hey bengalfan,

I think this weeks game is going to be a good one. Our oline is in shambles and really killed our offense vs the bucs. I think if your team can push around the middle of our oline you guys can do the same thing the bucs did to us. Our center is junk, and our starting gaurd got replaced after the 1st half of the game due to poor play. I want to see how our team reacts to the bucs loss and to see if the defense keeps getting better.

Its kinda sad when after a game and everyone points out bright spots and the only offensive bright spots are the punter and kicker. :grin:

Its amazing how much a center means to a team..we lost Rich Braham at points and it killed us when he was out.

Culpepper is still one of the best in the NFL and that one bad game he had doesnt change our opinion of him here. We did a pretty good job of pounding the ball between Rudi Johnson and Chris Perry and if we can get 3-4 yards a pop, we should be able to throw the ball. But our concern isnt offense, its our defense. The Vikings should be able to throw the ball against us and that is a major concern.

We are hoping we have turned the corner and can make the playoffs. Thats the difference though. You guys are a legit playoff team and we need to still prove it. This is a must win game for the Bengals.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Very humble posting there Bengal Fan.

It is appreciated at this time after we have just been humbled.

I think that Bengal Fans probably all have a great deal of empathy.

Good luck this weekend but remember, don't cheer too hard, he need our first win. I heard that Tice isn't going to let the team eat at all this week so they will finally be hungry this season. Their bellys were too full against the Bucs.

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

Welcome. Hopefully we at least give you guys more competition than we gave the Bucs. May the best team win. Hopefully that's us, but I'm not confident of anything at this point. Maybe Palmer will turn the ball over 5 times.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Going to the jungle and playing on grass is going to be a big test for us. We gotta get some running going, and Burleson cannot be single covered like Barber did, and not get free. You have to beat single coverage if you are the number 1 reciever. Daunte will be better this week(cannot be worse) and will get the ball to open guys. We just need a solid effort running the ball.

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

Welcome Bengalfan,
    It is nice to have a fan from another team that is not a troll. We have enough around here allready.
    Nice first couple of posts too. This Sunday will tell alot about both of teams for the rest of the season. As you said, Good Luck....But not too much.
    Here's to a good game and no injuries.
    :grin:

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Why can't we get more Bengals fans here? If they're all like this one, I'd welcome the lot of them.

Good analysis, no smack, honest assessments both ways...now THIS is football talk!!!!

Caine

thanks for the kind words...you know we are starving here for a winner and even to start off 1-0 is nice :lol: :wink:

I dont see any let up in this game by either team. Both teams need it and with Baltimore losing last night, its a chance for us to move ahead of them even more.

Question: Who will cover Chad Johnson? Also, we start a young LB core, they are fast, but very young. With the o-line problems you mentioned, will we be able to blitz the backers and Culpepper?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast