Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great Game Jets

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Great Game Jets

Well, it was exciting up to the end. However, your team prevailed.

Good luck this season. Your Defense is awesome. And thank you for coming here; a classy group.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Great Game Jets

Good game. Horrible first half, great second half by the Vikes. Had the Offense woke up a little earlier this would have been a win.

All in all I am not overly pissed off. This was the hardest game int he 4 game stretch, and it came down to the wire. I haved absolute faith that we can win the next three. The NFC north is still ours for the taking.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

It wasn't a good game. I fell asleep in the first half. 4th quarter does not make it a good game. Jets are terrible. If we could do anything in the first half, different story.
    We're bringing purple back.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Game ended up alright, but was a bad, sloppy game. That game was ours. Chilly needs to be shot.

I'm starting to slip boys, that Favrewagon is taking off, and I don't have my arms and legs inside the vehicle at all times. He gets ONE more shot, then might as well go TJ time. I don't think he would have put us in any worse position. TJ can definitely put up bad turnovers, but Favre's made a habit of it. And its obvious his elbow is wrecked. His short/mid throws were off all game, his deep throws were money though

Some notes:
    Marty, did you see that beautiful long, deep, high kick with hangtime? Caught about 5 yards deep, kickoff team met the returner around the 15, finally made the tackle at the 18.

Moss has some work to do learning the O. I think him not being on the field in our 2 minute drill really hurts us. He's a huge threat, and needs to get ready and be out there.

our D, once again played great. 21 points is pretty damn solid

Position-by-position breakdown:

QB: C-. brutal game by Favre, with the exception of three throws, which all went for TD's. There were some good gains, but that was 95% on the receiver making a good catch. With the exception of one 3rd and 15 with a laser to moss for the first down.

RB: B+ Again, AP is a beast. No question. There's just one thing that drives me fucking nuts. 18 carries. in the pouring rain, you run the best back in the league 18 times? Goddamn. Even my Junior football coach knew that in the elements, its harder to pass, easier to run. So RUN. Oh, and Gerhart? Child please

OL: <Facepalm>

TE: (See: OL)

WR: B+ They actually played pretty well. They got open, got separation, Favre just couldn't hook up. Harvin should have about a buck 80 today. He missed him on a huge seam route down the middle, and that one short one at the end of the game which the announcers claim could have been a 40+ yard gain. Moss played alright, but has some learning to do. Lewis even caught the damn ball. Didn't see Berrian at all, which I like.

FB: Most likely the reason we lost. Just 'cause

DL: B. with the exception of Allen, not bad. Allen needs to divorce his wife asap, and get the mullet back, because he's playing like a shitty backup. Oh, and did I ever mention how overrated our run defense is?

LB: B+ They actually played decently. When they covered, they covered well. Worth noting Leber step-for-step with LT deep down the sideline. A few good plays on the run, loved seeing EJ launch himself at LT to slow him down on the pitch play.

S: B. Decent. Not extraordinary, but decent. No huge gainers, so thats a plus. Caught out of position on the Shonn Green TD, but other than that, they filled in alright, withthe exception of M. Williams who can't tackle to save his Mothers life.

CB: C-. Lito. And. Asher. Allen. SUCK. Winfield played alright, Griff played well until he got hurt. I hope to hell its nothing serious.

Coaching: D I just about shit myself in the Yell, when it happened. I'm not talking about how looking back it woudl have been a good idea. I hated the call when it happened. KICK THE EXTRA POINT. Its basic coaching 101. ONLY go for two, if you NEED it. with 12 minutes left, we didn't NEED two. That miss took us out of the game. It was always a 2 score game when we needed to drive late. It should have been an 8 point game, not a 9. TAKE THE POINT. Don't get greedy.

Oh, and give Mr. Best back in the league a few more touches, please? Its wet and rainy, you're not going to move the ball in the air as well as if it were dry. RUN RUN RUN. and give our D a rest. 3rd and short/med is a hell of alot easier than 3rd and 15+, which we saw alot.

ILLvike is offline Rookie

Here are my thoughts after the game, in no particular order:

Moss makes Harvin way better

Its great to see the long ball again

Defense did amazing tonight, they literally kept us in this game for all three quarters, even though our offense only showed up for one

We could be looking back from the playoffs, saying that the jets game was where the offense turned it all on

Farve looked like his elbow was really bad, and I'd rather have him come out some late in games, especially if we get into a garbage time situation

I want to see a split of time between jackson and webb during garbage time... might as well see what we have

if robison is down for an extended period of time, we are going to be woefully short on DE for awhile

the sky isn't going to fall if griffin is injured again, the defense looked servicable without him for several weeks, and despite being 1-3 if the offense picks up jsut a bit we will win games.

Childress really? that 1 or 2 or wtf timeout was a huge waste... did he not think we could score?

along with that, lame playcalling in general.

The vikings came out completely flat. someone needs to fix that. and fast.

the coverage on special teams is pretty shoddy

harvin, rice, moss, shank, and peterson are going to be unstoppable someday- if someone can get them the ball

A year without a CBA is great now, but the vikings are going to have to make some tough choices when there is a new one

we have one of the hardest schedules possible through the first half

the second half will be much better

the bears are not as good as their record

the packers are about as good as their record... if theyre not injured

ergo, we will still be alright if we can win 2 of the next 3
    None

ndnorseman is offline Pro-Bowler

ILLvike wrote:
    Here are my thoughts after the game, in no particular order:

Moss makes Harvin way better - yep...and I just hope that if/when Rice comes back, the season can still be salvaged.

Its great to see the long ball again - Yes. Yes it is.

Defense did amazing tonight, they literally kept us in this game for all three quarters, even though our offense only showed up for one - 29 points, and they only allowed one TD to the Jets Offense...how different of a game would that have been if OUR Offense had showed up in the first half?

We could be looking back from the playoffs, saying that the jets game was where the offense turned it all on
    -Or, we could be looking back from the playoffs, saying that the Jets game was really a microcosm of the whole season

Farve looked like his elbow was really bad, and I'd rather have him come out some late in games, especially if we get into a garbage time situation - If Favre's elbow/ankle/shoulder/left nutsack is bothering him enough to be a hindrance rather than a help, he needs to show much of a TEAM PLAYER he says he is, and put his ridiculous consecutive start record to bed...let T-Jack take the reins and we'll deal with whatever comes.

I want to see a split of time between jackson and webb during garbage time... might as well see what we have
    - AGREED! +1,000...wait, what constitutes "garbage time"? Is that when we have a big lead with around 15 minutes left in the game? Or was "garbage time" what we saw in the first 30+ minutes of tonight's game? ;-)

if robison is down for an extended period of time, we are going to be woefully short on DE for awhile - I thought we were stacked to the gills on DL depth? What happened there?

the sky isn't going to fall if griffin is injured again, the defense looked servicable without him for several weeks, and despite being 1-3 if the offense picks up jsut a bit we will win games. - Maybe I'm wrong, but it seemed like they were passing on us AT WILL shortly after he left...he needs to come back with the quickness...and Cook, too

Childress really? that 1 or 2 or wtf timeout was a huge waste... did he not think we could score?

along with that, lame playcalling in general.

The vikings came out completely flat. someone needs to fix that. and fast.

Childress.....I believe the lack of discipline (penalties) and overall situational awareness falls on his shoulders, and that DOES need fixed...yesterday...no, weeks...ah, shit, more like 4 YEARS ago. Makes our whole team look STUPID at times.

the coverage on special teams is pretty shoddy - When was the last time the Vikings were actually consistently GOOD on Special Teams, and by that, I mean in terms of not only coverage, but also returns, blocking kicks, etc.?

harvin, rice, moss, shank, and peterson are going to be unstoppable someday- if someone can get them the ball

.....yeah.

A year without a CBA is great now, but the vikings are going to have to make some tough choices when there is a new one

Like what their new name will be? Whether to buy or lease in the West Coast housing economy?

we have one of the hardest schedules possible through the first half

Seriously...if they continue to only play one quarter of football in each game, it wouldn't matter if our schedule was 1/3 Lions, 1/3 Rams, and 1/3 Bills...they'd still wind up 4-12. It's simply a matter of the Vikings pulling their heads out of their collective asses and playing up to their potential. They do that, they're a Playoff team.

the second half will be much better - see above

the bears are not as good as their record - And we're not as bad as ours...but somehow, we're still battling the Lions for 4th place in the division...

the packers are about as good as their record... if theyre not injured - see above

ergo, we will still be alright if we can win 2 of the next 3 - We'll be GOLDEN...once the playing to potential thing takes hold

+1 on the overall post, ILL. I'm just really bitter right now.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

ultravikingfan wrote:
    Well, it was exciting up to the end. However, your team prevailed.

Good luck this season. Your Defense is awesome. And thank you for coming here; a classy group.
    Exciting? Apparently you must have missed the first half & half the 3rd quarter.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Jetsknicks1 is offline Waterboy

Wow, what a wild game. If our receivers could have held onto the ball it would've been a different game. 5 FGs, really? We were lucky that your offense didn't play the whole game like they played the 4th qtr, if they did, there's no way we win.

Thanks for letting me hang out for a few days. Good luck the rest of the way.
    None

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator

Another very frustrating game. All credit to the Jets, you guys definitely look like you are capable of contending.

We simply cannot afford to wait until the second half of games to start playing offense. The early procedure penalties put us in a hole, and conditions certainly didn't help. No excuses, though, we looked simply awful until midway through the third quarter, aside from our red zone D which continues to bail us out.

LT has really surprised me this year. I was with the majority who thought he was on the downside of his career, but he has shown energy and drive that we haven't seen in a couple of years.

Cromartie also has a great game against Moss. Seems like those kind of schizo players always show up on the good side against us. He's had more than his share of mistakes and bad decisions, but not last night.

Pass protection has been an issue for us, and with the heat you guys bring, I did not really expect much improvement this week, but I was pleasantly surprised later in the game as things started to get better. I'm not sure if it was figuring out some of your schemes, or just general fire on our guys' part, but Favre definitely had more time in the second half.

Folk also had a great night for you. As inconsistent as he can be, for a change, he was a rock.

I'll comment more on our own guys and what we need to do from here in other threads. Jets fans, thanks for hanging with us, and feel free to visit again any time.
    Oh, and keep up the wins in your division.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marty, did you see that beautiful long, deep, high kick with hangtime? Caught about 5 yards deep, kickoff team met the returner around the 15, finally made the tackle at the 18.
    I gave him shit about that. He had nothing to say.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast