Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mr. O is offline Starter

FILTHY EAGLES FANS... PART 3..... GOD

So, now you're calling the mom and her daughter-in-law liars. While, philly fans are for the most part only verbally abusive, there are some who get out of hand. And not just at eagles games. I recall one stooge who had is butt-kicked by Tie Domi when he jumped in the penalty box during a Leafs-Flyers match-up. But, no, according to you guys that probably never happened.
    A man falls in love through his eyes, a woman through her ears. - Woodrow Wyatt

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"seth in 736" wrote:
    UM, PHILLY GIRL, WHY DONT YOU TELL THESE PEOPLE THAT THE STORY IS COMPLETE B.S B/C THEY HAVENT SOLD BEER IN PLASTIC BOTTLES UP TOP IN THE LINC ONCE THIS SEASON!

Nobody hit her daughter in law with a plastic beer bottle.

Verbal harrasment is FINE! its fun. its the physical stuff that's deploreable, and accdg to all reports today, and including my own experience yesterday, NO PHYISCAL INCIDENTS TOOK PLACE.

I saw 3 vikes fans headin into the game, they were booed roundly and nothin was thrown at em.

Waitin in line to enter, 2 more, both in purple, both were chanted at the patented Eagle fan cheer - "AAAAAA hole- AAAAAA hole" but that was it.

2 more in the stands, nobody hassled them 1 bit.

This weak arsed story is the result of 1) LAZY JOURNALISM and 2) a mom who was upset her son's team lost and was ultra sensitive. Did she expect fans to wipe the seat off for her upon arrival and buy her beer all day>? Gimmie a break!
    Thats right, you saw every Viking fan in the stadium and nothing happened.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"seth in 736" wrote:
    UM, PHILLY GIRL, WHY DONT YOU TELL THESE PEOPLE THAT THE STORY IS COMPLETE B.S B/C THEY HAVENT SOLD BEER IN PLASTIC BOTTLES UP TOP IN THE LINC ONCE THIS SEASON!

Nobody hit her daughter in law with a plastic beer bottle.

Verbal harrasment is FINE! its fun. its the physical stuff that's deploreable, and accdg to all reports today, and including my own experience yesterday, NO PHYISCAL INCIDENTS TOOK PLACE.

I saw 3 vikes fans headin into the game, they were booed roundly and nothin was thrown at em.

Waitin in line to enter, 2 more, both in purple, both were chanted at the patented Eagle fan cheer - "AAAAAA hole- AAAAAA hole" but that was it.

2 more in the stands, nobody hassled them 1 bit.

This weak arsed story is the result of 1) LAZY JOURNALISM and 2) a mom who was upset her son's team lost and was ultra sensitive. Did she expect fans to wipe the seat off for her upon arrival and buy her beer all day>? Gimmie a break!
    1: No one said they bought them there. I'm sure there are clever people who can slip them in however.

2: So, Liewinski's Mom is a liar?

3: Verbal harrasment is fine?!?!? I disagree. There is a fine line between good natured ribbing and obnoxious prick...obviously, you don't know where that line is.

4: You saw 7 Viking fans...SEVEN. And nothing happened to those seven. CALL THE MEDIA. Philly is again the "City of Brotherly Love". FYI, there were more than 7 there, and you didn't see them all.

5: Now you want to blame the journalists...ok...I can go with that. I hate journalists too. But when they QUOTE Chris Liewinski's MOM and SHE says people threw stuff at here, I kind of lean in the "I BELIEVE MOM" direction.

6: Further, you now want to attribute pettiness along with the lying in #2 above to Mrs. Liewinski. Wouldn't THAT be convenient.

Give US a break.

Your story has more holes than a strainer. Face it, there are jerk Eagles fans out there. YOU might not be one, but that won't change the fact that they exist, and they give the rest of you a bad name.

Just like there are jerk Viking fans, Packer fans, Bear fans, Packer fans, Lions fans, Packer fans...did I mention Packer fans?

PhillyGirl: Maybe some day we'll be able to taunt each other over a few beers...don't take these guys too seriously, they haven't been fed in awhile.

Caine

seth in 736 is offline Training Camp

"I recall one stooge who had is butt-kicked by Tie Domi when he jumped in the penalty box during a Leafs-Flyers match-up. But, no, according to you guys that probably never happened."

No, that clown got what he had coming. I was hopin for blood actually. What a stooge indeed. I laughed my butt off.

"You saw 7 Viking fans...SEVEN. And nothing happened to those seven. CALL THE MEDIA. Philly is again the "City of Brotherly Love". FYI, there were more than 7 there, and you didn't see them all."

Actually, this is not like other stadiums. There is never much of a prescence of opposing teams fans. Never. The seats are super tough to get hold of and expensive- 350.00 cash, on the street, on game day for ONE NOSEBLEED SEAT. The travel agency in your area sent only 24 fans. (Article made the Friday edition of the DN here.- they were citing "fear" as the reason nobody wanted to come.)
    While I know that there's likely more than 7 in the stadium, i was offering my insight up to serve more as an average. There couldnt have been more than 250 fans of the Purple in whole bldg.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"seth in 736" wrote:
    "I recall one stooge who had is butt-kicked by Tie Domi when he jumped in the penalty box during a Leafs-Flyers match-up. But, no, according to you guys that probably never happened."
    No, that clown got what he had coming. I was hopin for blood actually. What a stooge indeed. I laughed my butt off.
    Anyone dumb enough to jump INTO a box with Tie Domi is brain dead anyway. And, yeah, he got what he deserved.

"seth in 736" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    "You saw 7 Viking fans...SEVEN. And nothing happened to those seven. CALL THE MEDIA. Philly is again the "City of Brotherly Love". FYI, there were more than 7 there, and you didn't see them all."

Actually, this is not like other stadiums. There is never much of a prescence of opposing teams fans. Never. The seats are super tough to get hold of and expensive- 350.00 cash, on the street, on game day for ONE NOSEBLEED SEAT. The travel agency in your area sent only 24 fans. (Article made the Friday edition of the DN here.- they were citing "fear" as the reason nobody wanted to come.)
    While I know that there's likely more than 7 in the stadium, i was offering my insight up to serve more as an average. There couldnt have been more than 250 fans of the Purple in whole bldg.
    Your "insight" cannot serve as an average unless you also accept that there are polar extremes. In other words, there were Viking fans there treated better than the ones you saw (I'm sure there were), and there were Viking fans treated WORSE as well.

Unfortunately for you, the Media - as we all know - only focusses on the WORSE elements to make their story more shocking, sensational, and saleable.

Did the events reported occur? I'm fairly certain they did.

Do the reported events represent the AVERAGE Eagle Fan? I'm equally certain they do NOT.

All you need to do, as an Eagles fan, is say, "Yeah, that stuff could've happened, but "I" wouldn't tolerate it". That's it. Pretty easy.

Also, FYI, which is worse? Telling someone you're going to kick their a$$ or telling them you're going to throw batteries at them?

Answer: Neither. It was a trick question in that in BOTH cases you are threatening physical harm (i.e. Intimidation), and can - at that point in time - be charged with a CRIMINAL act.

It happens. Unfortunately, the rest of the country knows it happens in Philly. You GOOD fans need to step it up and put the clamps on the douche bags who are lousing up your Rep.

Caine

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Caine" wrote:
    "seth in 736" wrote:
    Anyone dumb enough to jump INTO a box with Tie Domi is brain dead anyway. And, yeah, he got what he deserved.

"seth in 736" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:

Your "insight" cannot serve as an average unless you also accept that there are polar extremes. In other words, there were Viking fans there treated better than the ones you saw (I'm sure there were), and there were Viking fans treated WORSE as well.

Unfortunately for you, the Media - as we all know - only focusses on the WORSE elements to make their story more shocking, sensational, and saleable.

Did the events reported occur? I'm fairly certain they did.

Do the reported events represent the AVERAGE Eagle Fan? I'm equally certain they do NOT.

All you need to do, as an Eagles fan, is say, "Yeah, that stuff could've happened, but "I" wouldn't tolerate it". That's it. Pretty easy.

Also, FYI, which is worse? Telling someone you're going to kick their a$$ or telling them you're going to throw batteries at them?

Answer: Neither. It was a trick question in that in BOTH cases you are threatening physical harm (i.e. Intimidation), and can - at that point in time - be charged with a CRIMINAL act.

It happens. Unfortunately, the rest of the country knows it happens in Philly. You GOOD fans need to step it up and put the clamps on the douche bags who are lousing up your Rep.

Caine
    Thought that I would throw in the legal definition of assault (the legal term for the "intimidation" that Caine refers to):

assault
    A crime that occurs when one person tries to physically harm another in a way that makes the person under attack feel immediately threatened. Actual physical contact is not necessary; threatening gestures that would alarm any reasonable person can constitute an assault.

Also the legal definition for battery (no, not the ones that youse guys are familiar with):

battery
    A crime consisting of physical contact that is intended to harm someone. Unintentional harmful contact is not battery, no matter how careless the behavior or how severe the injury. A fist fight is a common battery; being hit by a wild pitch in a baseball game is not.

Disclaimer: This does not in any manner constitute legal advice from the author of this particular post to anyone who may read this message board post.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12