Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

FILTHY EAGLES FANS... PART 3..... GOD

I attended the game today, and saw a handful of Vikings fans in attendance.

Besides the expected smack talk and ribbing, everyone seemed to get away with all limbs in tact.

Please feel free to list any horror stories Vikings fans may have experienced at Lincoln Financial Field at the hands of those 'filthy Eagles fans.' :salute:

(Or does no one talk about it when nothing bad happens?) :scratch:
    [img:9f47cea82f]http://www.deeprelease.com/PEMB/datl/vikes.gif[/img:9f47cea82f]

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Buh Bye!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Have fun getting beat by Michael Vick and the Falcons next week! :thumbleft:
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Re: FILTHY EAGLES FANS... PART 3..... GOD

"Drinkin' At The Lincoln" wrote:
    I attended the game today, and saw a handful of Vikings fans in attendance.

Besides the expected smack talk and ribbing, everyone seemed to get away with all limbs in tact.

Please feel free to list any horror stories Vikings fans may have experienced at Lincoln Financial Field at the hands of those 'filthy Eagles fans.' :salute:

(Or does no one talk about it when nothing bad happens?) :scratch:

Really? Didnt see many faithful purple in the crowd on t.v. Coulda been a lot different. Dont have any expierence but i hear all these stories of fans getting pelted with beer and batteries, taunted the whole way, shoved in the bathroom and in consession stand lines, tripped while going up and down stairs, etc.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

Eaglesfanforu is offline Waterboy

We are all terrible people. I think they should nuke Philadelphia off the planet. I wish we could all be like Viking fans, so pleasant and peaceful, who usually just sit with their hands folded.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

PHILADELPHIA -- Rough game. But maybe a rougher crowd.

The Minnesota Vikings lost to the Philadelphia Eagles 27-14 Sunday -- ending the Vikings' playoff hopes and season. But all the mother of Vikings lineman Chris Liwienski could talk about was how she and her family were physically abused by fans in the upper deck of Lincoln Financial Field.

Wearing one of her son's purple Vikings jerseys, Marie Hoppe said she was pushed repeatedly by hostile Philadelphia fans. Her daughter-in-law, Christina Liwienski, said she was hit in the head by a plastic beer bottle.

"We were warned that Philadelphia fans would be rough, the worst in the league, and my son begged me not to wear this jersey," said Hoppe, of suburban Detroit. "Fans are supposed to come to games, not thugs. But these people had their hands on me constantly.

"What are these people doing at sporting events like this?"

The announced crowd of 67,722 seemed determined to enhance a well-earned reputation as the National Football League's crudest. But the Eagles -- the top seed and class of the National Football Conference -- didn't really need any extra help against a Vikings team that finished the season 9-9 and looked every bit like the conference's lowest playoff seed.

With Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb dissecting the Minnesota secondary early and passing for two touchdowns, and facing a tough Philadelphia defense, the Vikings looked very much like a team that lost four of its final five regular season games and not like a team that upset the Packers in Green Bay in the playoffs' first round.

"Giving up 21 points in the first half doesn't help," Vikings cornerback Antoine Winfield said.

Obnoxious and hostile

The Vikings offered their fans hope when quarterback Daunte Culpepper's 7-yard touchdown run in the second quarter cut the Eagles' lead to 14-7.

"We still have a chance," Marie Hoppe said during the third quarter.

But she and her family had long given up on the Eagles fans. Joe Liwienski, Chris' 22-year-old brother, said he attended the "basketbrawl" game in Auburn Hills, Mich., where members of the Indiana Pacers exchanged punches with Detroit Pistons fans.

"This was 10 times worse," he said.

"The fans were obnoxious," Chris Liwienski said from the Vikings locker room. "They were chanting stuff to Randy [Moss] throughout the game. You expect that, but you don't expect them to abuse people in the stands trying to enjoy the game."

The few fans who came to the game wearing Vikings purple were greeted by a boisterous and hostile crowd that began sharpening their fangs in parking lots near the stadium at 6 a.m., presumably stirring their alcoholic beverages with rusty nails.

Mike Hughes, 39, of Excelsior, wearing a purple Randy Moss jersey on his back and his heart on his sleeve, walked right through the Eagles crowd that hurled obscenities and promised to throw even more at him.

"Batteries," he said. "They're threatening to throw batteries.

"I went to all but three Vikings road games this year," Hughes said. "I can tell you that Green Bay is nothing like this."

Scott Bain, 33, also wearing a Moss jersey, said he "never felt so lonely" as he walked briskly through a parking lot crowded with Eagles fans chanting obscenities and holding "Jacksonville or Bust" signs.

"We had upper deck seats, but we got so many warnings about what might happen to us that we sold them and bought club level seats on the street," said Bain, formerly of Anoka and now a lawyer in Washington, D.C. "We were told it was safer there."

Said Steve Beckman, 47, of New Brighton, in a well-worn (but not yet battered) Moss jersey: "They warned us not to wear this attire, but we didn't listen. I even rode the subway here.

"They told us that if the Vikings win, we'd better take a cab home, for our own protection."

"We still better watch out for batteries," said Jimmy Bahnson, 22, of Fridley, wearing a Culpepper jersey.

Philadelphia, which has lost the three previous conference title games, will try again next Sunday against Atlanta.

"How many disappointments can Philadelphia fans take?" asked John Groses, 74, of Media, Pa.

"This city's been through hell with its sports teams," said Tom Jones, of Milton, Del., whose bus is painted Eagles green, has Eagles logos in every window and has become a pregame meeting place for Eagles cheerleaders, fans and anyone looking for a photo opportunity or to commiserate.

"We gear ourselves up for these games, but the worst has happened so many times."

The worst happened in the upper deck, in the corner of the end zone, Chris Liwienski said.

"I tried to warn them," he said of his family. "It's like these fans have hit a new low."

PhillyGirl is offline Starter

See how an article can be misconstrued?

Someone on this thread said that fans were pelted with Batteries....then read the article. Somone "threatened" to thrown batteries.

No one was actually hit with them, and I can pretty much guarantee that the person who said that was saying facetiously. Philly fans think its hilarious that they get such a bad rep when half the stadiums in the NFL are 100 times worse (know this first hand). They egg it on by throwing comments like out there.

However, that article gets turned into "Oh my God! Like half of the Vikings fans that went to Philly got hit with batteries! And one of them, I heard, was in the ICU at a local hospital! Those Philly fans are the worst ever!"

Meanwhile, all it was was a comment.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

The threat of havig batteries thrown at them is bad enough. I would just love to sit through a game worrying that when my team scores and I cheer that a D size Duracell is going to crack my melon! Thats nice, a lot of fun when I have to worry about those sorts if things.

How about Lewinski's mom and brother. Now I have been to a lot of sporting events and it is fun to poke at others once or twice. But, we NEVER did this to anybody who was just there enjoying the game. Only to obnoxiuos fans, and NEVER females. Especially an older female!

Furthurmore, I was at a Browns game with a group of hardcore Browns fans. There were some older guys just picking on 2 teenagers who happened to be Bengals fans that were minding their own business. We told the Browns fans to cool it, or there would be problems.

I figured the Philly fans would stick up for a very small percentage of their idiot fans!

You say over half over half the other stadiums are 100 times worse? I find that hard to believe. And you know this firsthand? Have you been to even half of the stadiums in the league? Going to many Giants or Skins game do not account for this. You were probably acting like you do in your zoo, so they really stuck it to you!

PhillyGirl is offline Starter

I was probably acting like I do in my zoo? WTF? What do you think I am? Holy crap with that comment! First off, I don't even drink, so there goes one of your visions out of your head. I am a 5 foot girl who has been a lifetime season ticket holder and I go to the games, cheer, razz opposing teams fans/players and have a great time.

Last I checked, that's being a FAN. Not an animal,

seth in 736 is offline Training Camp

UM, PHILLY GIRL, WHY DONT YOU TELL THESE PEOPLE THAT THE STORY IS COMPLETE B.S B/C THEY HAVENT SOLD BEER IN PLASTIC BOTTLES UP TOP IN THE LINC ONCE THIS SEASON!

Nobody hit her daughter in law with a plastic beer bottle.

Verbal harrasment is FINE! its fun. its the physical stuff that's deploreable, and accdg to all reports today, and including my own experience yesterday, NO PHYISCAL INCIDENTS TOOK PLACE.

I saw 3 vikes fans headin into the game, they were booed roundly and nothin was thrown at em.

Waitin in line to enter, 2 more, both in purple, both were chanted at the patented Eagle fan cheer - "AAAAAA hole- AAAAAA hole" but that was it.

2 more in the stands, nobody hassled them 1 bit.

This weak arsed story is the result of 1) LAZY JOURNALISM and 2) a mom who was upset her son's team lost and was ultra sensitive. Did she expect fans to wipe the seat off for her upon arrival and buy her beer all day>? Gimmie a break!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast