Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    PhillyGirl is offline Starter

Eagles fans now sure they will play in SB

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    Hey philygirl, remember earlier in the year when we were talking about the eagles(I was the one guy on here who was also an eagles fan), and I told you that simenou(sp?) is a liability in the run D and should be moved to the outside? Good thing the eagles listened to me and put trotter in there at MLB huh? Trotter has been huge.

This is great for me, being my 3 favorite teams are (1)Minn, (2)Phily, and (3)Atl. I might actually have a team to root for in the super bowl this year finally.
    I don't remember, but I'll be the first to be happy to admit to being wrong. I was worried about Trotter's knees (and from what I read in an ESPN Mag interview the other day, I was right to worry...he could barely run in training camp). He's proven me wrong and I'm very happy to admit it!

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "PhillyGirl" wrote:
    "ADubya26" wrote:
    It should be interesting to see how McNabb reacts to Owens being out. I know he has done it 3 years before this, but I think he will be effected differently this time around.
    So, for 4 years without Owens, McNabb led his team to the playoffs...with a much worse offense than they have now (no Westbrook last year, for example), but he can't handle it now? Come ON. You're reaching.

I wouldn't call it reaching. Sure the eagles have a little better offense now, but their D is nowhere near as good as they were back then. They also have the wussiest WR in the league as their #2 WR. It isn't gonna be an easy game for phily at all.
    The Defense is 100 times better than it was last year! Last year there was no Kearse, there were 5 dlinemen on the IR, Simon and Walker were DEAD from having no rotation all year, Dawkins missed most of the season and wasn't close to being at 100%, Emmons was on the IR. We have a really healthy dline now, Kearse, Trotter in the middle, a healthy Dawkins and Lewis, and Brown and Sheppard have become shut down corners.

zzbudzz is offline Rookie

yes ,it will be tought to beat the eagles in philly! but we didn't have a chance in h#ll of beating the piss and puke today did we? LOOK OUT EAGLES !
    who picked the colors of piss and puke for thier team colors?.....ok i ll give ya one guess

"zzbudzz" wrote:
    yes ,it will be tought to beat the eagles in philly! but we didn't have a chance in h#ll of beating the piss and puke today did we? LOOK OUT EAGLES !
    Aw come on...I totally thought the Vikes could/would win today. The Packers are horrendous...especially that secondary and Favre should have retired after 4th and 26.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"PhillyGirl" wrote:
    "muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "PhillyGirl" wrote:
    "ADubya26" wrote:
    It should be interesting to see how McNabb reacts to Owens being out. I know he has done it 3 years before this, but I think he will be effected differently this time around.
    So, for 4 years without Owens, McNabb led his team to the playoffs...with a much worse offense than they have now (no Westbrook last year, for example), but he can't handle it now? Come ON. You're reaching.

I wouldn't call it reaching. Sure the eagles have a little better offense now, but their D is nowhere near as good as they were back then. They also have the wussiest WR in the league as their #2 WR. It isn't gonna be an easy game for phily at all.
    The Defense is 100 times better than it was last year! Last year there was no Kearse, there were 5 dlinemen on the IR, Simon and Walker were DEAD from having no rotation all year, Dawkins missed most of the season and wasn't close to being at 100%, Emmons was on the IR. We have a really healthy dline now, Kearse, Trotter in the middle, a healthy Dawkins and Lewis, and Brown and Sheppard have become shut down corners.

OK, I will give you last years D. I was thinking more about the D's in the first 2. Still this eagles D isn't that great. I think we showed that in our monday night showdown, where we dominated them.

This should be a great game IMO and hard for me to watch being I like both teams.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"PhillyGirl" wrote:
    They're far from overconfident. 3 NFCCG losses in a row keeps them just a bit more humble than a team who hasn't gone through 3 losses like that in a row.

Its a veteran team who has been through FAR too much to take for granted ANY team coming in.
    The Iggles can think whatever they want...the Vikings owe the Iggles for that Week 2 game...the Vikes know that they should have won that game. Payback is a beeyatch!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

The Vikings DOMINATED the Eagles defense this year? What game did you watch? The Eagles allowed the short passes and the underneath stuff on purpose to avoid the bombs to Moss...and it was effective. Its the way Jim Johnson schemes the defense where there is a long threat like Moss.

The Eagles allowed the second fewest (would have been THE fewest if not for playing their 3rd stringers in the last 2 games) points in the entire NFL.

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "PhillyGirl" wrote:
    They're far from overconfident. 3 NFCCG losses in a row keeps them just a bit more humble than a team who hasn't gone through 3 losses like that in a row.

Its a veteran team who has been through FAR too much to take for granted ANY team coming in.
    The Iggles can think whatever they want...the Vikings owe the Iggles for that Week 2 game...the Vikes know that they should have won that game. Payback is a beeyatch!
    LOL...keep telling yourself that. :lol: :lol:

And even though James thrash sucked, he was still the #1 WR on your team last year ahead of the eagles current #1 and #2 WR's.

I really think we match up pretty well against your offense now, without TO. The one guy I worry about is Westbrook in passing plays. He will give our LB's fits on passing plays. If we can contain his receiving plays and contain mcnabb's rushing, we have a great shot at winning.

One thing we have going, is our D is playing the best it has all year right now and has some confidence.

The eagles have been off for too long, to know how they will come out of the gates. They could be rusty and that would be very dangerous, cause if the vikes get up early, we are extremely tough to be, almost impossible.

"PhillyGirl" wrote:
    The Vikings DOMINATED the Eagles defense this year? What game did you watch? The Eagles allowed the short passes and the underneath stuff on purpose to avoid the bombs to Moss...and it was effective. Its the way Jim Johnson schemes the defense where there is a long threat like Moss.

The Eagles allowed the second fewest (would have been THE fewest if not for playing their 3rd stringers in the last 2 games) points in the entire NFL.

If you want me to bring back the stats I can? They had what 150 more yards then the eagles did on offense. Somewhere around 450. That sounds like dominating to me. We did have 11 penalties, most of them being in the redzone.

I like when people try and say that we gave up a bunch of yards on purpose. Sure. So did the vikes this year. It wasn't that our D was dominated all year long, it was designed by our D coordinator. PLEASE! That might work on someone who wasn't an eagles fan, but I follow them enough to know that we can dominate their D.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast