Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: eagles collapse

PhillyGirl is offline Starter

eagles collapse

"Del Rio" wrote:
    Not your job to point anything out. Thanks for the charity work though.
    As a fan who has actually watched or attended every eagles game this year, sure it is. Whenever you're a serious fan of a team, you have more knowledge about that team than a serious fan of another team. You watch them every week, you know more.

As a fan, I was pointing out the blatantly false points that were being made.

But you can feel free to keep insulting me on every single thread I post on. Its pretty amusing.

Del Rio Guest

eagles collapse

If you think that was an insult I'm sorry you have such thin skin.

Just funny how you are so damned defensive and so ignorant yourself and yet you sit on a high horse.

Can you say hypocrite? I think you can.

eagles collapse

What high horse do I sit on? Because I can claim to have seen every game the Eagles played this year I'm sitting on a high horse?

Take a look in the mirror....if you can find one up that high.

seth in 736 is offline Training Camp

eagles collapse

PG-

I think one can address points made, even some not so straight ones like PA Vikes', without a quasi condescending attitude, like this:

"You really have zero credibility when you post nonsense like this. Talk smack with some actual INFORMED posts and maybe someone here will take you seriously."

I THINK thats what theyre talkin about here. And remember, you may not have meant to come off that way, but being that you arent a Vikes fan and are on thier site, everything a fan of the Birds says here this wk is going to be more heavily scrutinized.

Just sayin'.

eagles collapse

Sorry, when smack talking with completely untrue statements, you open yourself up for ridicule. And it gives zero credibility. Therefore, I have every right to say so.

Pretty touchy for fans of a team with Randy Moss. lol :roll:

Del Rio Guest

eagles collapse

Guess I'm not really making the connection between his opinion and your anger?

He thinks Favre is better then Mcnabb he is. It is just a matter of opinion no right no wrong answer.

He thinks your D can't stop the run. I'm not sure we flirted with 100 yards in game one and had to abandon the run because we were behind. But I wouldn't say you were a dominant run stopping team. I wouldn't jsutify that as ignorance.

The only thing I can see remotely off in his comments are the TO ones. And frankly he was your #1 reciever he opened things up that wont be there anymore. I don't personally feel him not being there is all that great. I'm glad he isn't but he never was the problem for us anyway.

So he says those few things and you get all uptight and defensive like the sky is falling.

A few points of interest is we handled you guys the first game we moved the ball well we had more yards we did pretty much what we wanted. Only YOUR D stepped up when it had too and your guys's heart shone brighter then ours. We had planty of chances to win but your D raised its game to a whole other level.

Yeah you have some great talent but the difference IMO is the D cord he is a genius we cannot combat that he called a brilliant game. This game is not favored one way or another. I am not convinced you hold any edge on is at all.

We can hold on to the ball quite well. We had the best 3rd down % in the league we converted 102/195 3rd downs. We had almost 1000 yards more then you guys. Your D managed to get in 47 sacks and yet our Crappy D who has one of the highest ranked front four recorded 39. Not to shabby.

Our recievers have cathches of 60+ yards and 80+ yards for scores. You can try to get to Pepper but it just doesn't get to him like you think. Look at his stats from game one. Besides maybe getting to him isn't a good thing for you. He has a nasty habit of getting away from the pass rush and burning a team.

Daunte is hot right now he was near the top of the league in almost all stats. He threw for almost 1000 more yards the Mcnabb and maintains a better percentage and passer rating.

I know you didn't say it was going to be a blow out. But this is our house this is our message board. Opinions are cheap and everyone has one. You want facts? I seem to remember me giving you a whole list of stats that you shrugged off. SO either have fun and talk smack or lighten up and talk serious you can't do both.

I think we will win this game. There is nothing on your team that stands out as a huge beacon to say you can beat us in the playoffs at this stage in the season. You talk about watching all the Philly games and knowing your team better then us and that is true. The same holds true for us. You guys criticise our D? Well if you have been watching them you would know they are extreemly improved since game 1 week one and have gotten better every week. They are making big plays. And yet because a few of you watched Chris Berman or Terry Bradshaw you guys are experts on our D? :roll:

Then again of course this is so close a matchup you could say the same. I'm not insulting you I know you cry for intelligent football talk and that is something to be respected. But there is some ignorant stuff flowing from your side of the fence as well.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

eagles collapse

"PhillyGirl" wrote:
    I never said it would be a cakewalk. PAVikesfan's posts were totally ignorant. What kind of fan would I be if I didn't point that out?

And sorry to tell you, the fans/media have nothing to do with the players.
    That is why I said that I hope that the PLAYERS feel that it will be a cakewalk!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

eagles collapse

"PAvikesfan" wrote:
    also, you should have left Feeley in for the NFC Championship game. Up to that point he had a better record in the playoffs. you might have lost to an AFC team in the superbowl that year. I remember McNabb really sucking it up, cause he was rusty... maybe we will see more of that on Sunday.
    hate to quote myself but I don't have time to rewrite it... I think it was the AJ Feeley comment that caused this verbal scuffle-hahahahaha. just kidding...or am I?

Lighten up.

Oh and the art form of smack-talking is to get under your opponents skin--mission accomplished.

your not the first non-vike fan that I pissed off.

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

eagles collapse

Come on, you really can't be ignorant like this. Seriously. The Eagles averaged 30 points per game last year in the last 8 games of the season WITHOUT TO.
    simply, last year was last year... who cares? how many points did they score this year without TO in the game this year?

IMO--common sense tells me that if you lose someone who scores about half your points per game like TO, that you test out your new O for at least mos of a game before you take a 3 week break. McNabb might be rusty and the way the vikes D are playing in the playoffs they might key on it.

Richie_the_K is offline Training Camp

eagles collapse

"PAvikesfan" wrote:
    Come on, you really can't be ignorant like this. Seriously. The Eagles averaged 30 points per game last year in the last 8 games of the season WITHOUT TO.
    simply, last year was last year... who cares? how many points did they score this year without TO in the game this year?

IMO--common sense tells me that if you lose someone who scores about half your points per game like TO, that you test out your new O for at least mos of a game before you take a 3 week break. McNabb might be rusty and the way the vikes D are playing in the playoffs they might key on it.
    The point is a counter argument to the fact that everybody says the Eagles offense can't score without TO. They are now a similar offense to what they were in the past, which was able to post some respectable numbers in their own right.

One drive without TO with all the regular starters....one TD. With a vanilla scheme...they ran the ball the whole time, they never run that much. The rest of the time was with Koy Detmer, Jeff Blake and the rest of the backups. That is less relevant than last years scoring numbers with the current personnel.

Rusty.......it's not like he hasn't thrown a football in two months....they do practice you know. Oh, yeah, the Viking defense is playing so great....they got 4 turnovers. You won't get 4 turnovers on Sunday. McNabb protects the ball unlike that guy in Green Bay.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast