Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: eagles collapse

RagnarRatio is offline Waterboy

eagles collapse

And the Pack had an "O" that the Vikes couldn't stop either. At least the secondary and linebackers can leave the middle of the field open this week. Those girls won't want to risk that.

"seth in 736" wrote:
    PAvikes fan-

Do you realize the undeniable winning % of teams coming off the bye wk, vs a wildcard ROAD team who pulled off a victory?

There is a reason Minnyhaha is a 10 pt dog headin into Philly. I realize you were gettin 6 in Lambeau, but come on, Green Bays D is the only one in the playoffs worse than the Vikings' D.

I think you're goin to be hearin it from your coworkers come Monday- hope you work somewhere that has off for MLK day.

PhillyGirl is offline Starter

eagles collapse

How can Vikings fans call the Eagles chokers? Have you slept through the last few seasons of Vikings disasters?

And RagnarRatio...that last post might be the most ignorant I've read. Leave the middle of the field open with Brian Westbrook, LJ Smith and McNabb?

lol...good gameplan. I sure hope the Vikings do that. :lol: :lol: :lol:

seth in 736 is offline Training Camp

eagles collapse

PA VIKES FAN WROTE:
    "...you are where you were last year with out TO, except your D can't stop a highschool running back and you had 4 weeks off almost..."

OK, um, no sir.

Last yr they had no BRIAN WESTBROOK AVAILABLE.

LAST YR- the defense was terrible against the run.

HAVE YOU LOOKED AT WHERE PHILLY RANKS V. THE RUN From the time Trotter assumed his startin spot? They went from 21st to 9th.

And who again, do the Vikes have in the backfield that Philly needs to lose sleep over? A ego inflated rookie, (moore), Smith the druggie and Broken again Bennett? Please, Culpepper could likely be the leadin rusher for Minny on Sunday.

* you also cite that Minnys was worse than GBs (Defense) in your defense- as if my being incorrect- (and I wasnt, i submit-explanation to follow) somehow strengthens the Vikes chances on Sunday? As for the D- I dont go by net yds allowed as the NFL does in determining who is ranked where. I look at talent, and you clearly have more talent on the D side of the ball than does GB- IMO.)

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

eagles collapse

it is not so much who has choked more, cause the vikes and eagles might be in a foot race for that title. however, it's when and how the teams choke that makes the Eagles the honorary "Buffalo Bills" of the NFC. Just how many mediocre and less talented teams have the Eagles lost to in the NFC Championship in the last three years? answer: anyone who gets to play against them in the NFC Championship game. This is the second biggest game of the off-season. so with style and grace, the Eagles = NFC Buffalo Bills. I do remember Atlanta beating us in 98 in the NFC Championship, and I remember how much that sucked... but i can't imagine three years of it. but a side note: Cunningham was our quarterback...maybe choking in the NFC Championship runs through Philly QB's veins.

also, you should have left Feeley in for the NFC Championship game. Up to that point he had a better record in the playoffs. you might have lost to an AFC team in the superbowl that year. I remember McNabb really sucking it up, cause he was rusty... maybe we will see more of that on Sunday.

seth in 736 is offline Training Camp

eagles collapse

How long did that rusty McNabb play in the NFC Championship game?...............

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

eagles collapse

"seth in 736" wrote:
    PAvikes fan-

Do you realize the undeniable winning % of teams coming off the bye wk, vs a wildcard ROAD team who pulled off a victory?

There is a reason Minnyhaha is a 10 pt dog headin into Philly. I realize you were gettin 6 in Lambeau, but come on, Green Bays D is the only one in the playoffs worse than the Vikings' D.

I think you're goin to be hearin it from your coworkers come Monday- hope you work somewhere that has off for MLK day.
    Don't be so sure that your statistic will hold up on Sunday...the difference between the team that the Vikes were in the regular season and the playoff Viking TEAM is like night and day...the Defense is playing much better than their regular season record would indicate...the Offense is also playing with more confidence...Bottom Line is that if Minnesota comes in with the same focus as last week, they CAN beat PhilMe on Sunday...beware, the Vikings are dangerous right now!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

eagles collapse

"PAvikesfan" wrote:
    Favre, who is still and always will be a much better opponent than McNabb Chokeonnads will ever be.
    Guess you missed that head to head matchup this year.

you are where you were last year with out TO, except your D can't stop a highschool running back and you had 4 weeks off almost. you never tested your O without your key scorer... you will be rusty and you will look like you did against Pitt after the Vikes do the same in scoring 17 unanswered points.
    Come on, you really can't be ignorant like this. Seriously. The Eagles averaged 30 points per game last year in the last 8 games of the season WITHOUT TO.

The Eagles run defense is 10th in the league, up from 26th...where it was before Trotter was put back as starting MLB. That was week 10. In SIX weeks, the run defense improved THAT much.

You really have zero credibility when you post nonsense like this. Talk smack with some actual INFORMED posts and maybe someone here will take you seriously.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

eagles collapse

"PhillyGirl" wrote:
    "PAvikesfan" wrote:
    Favre, who is still and always will be a much better opponent than McNabb Chokeonnads will ever be.
    Guess you missed that head to head matchup this year.

you are where you were last year with out TO, except your D can't stop a highschool running back and you had 4 weeks off almost. you never tested your O without your key scorer... you will be rusty and you will look like you did against Pitt after the Vikes do the same in scoring 17 unanswered points.
    Come on, you really can't be ignorant like this. Seriously. The Eagles averaged 30 points per game last year in the last 8 games of the season WITHOUT TO.

The Eagles run defense is 10th in the league, up from 26th...where it was before Trotter was put back as starting MLB. That was week 10. In SIX weeks, the run defense improved THAT much.

You really have zero credibility when you post nonsense like this. Talk smack with some actual INFORMED posts and maybe someone here will take you seriously.
    I hope that your Iggles think that it will be as much of a cakewalk as you do...that way we can surprise them like we did the Packers and the rest of the media idiots who didn't give us a chance last week!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

eagles collapse

I never said it would be a cakewalk. PAVikesfan's posts were totally ignorant. What kind of fan would I be if I didn't point that out?

And sorry to tell you, the fans/media have nothing to do with the players.

Del Rio Guest

eagles collapse

Not your job to point anything out. Thanks for the charity work though.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast