Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Does anyone else hate philly?

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:

So, what is there to HATE about the Eagles?
    MOST of their fans!!! :evil:
    Having had some time to mull this over, it occurs to me that they - like every other NFL franchise - do not have the luxury of selecting who roots for them. Sure, they have a handful of tards who throw batteries or act in an obnoxious fashion, but don't we all?

Ever seen a Viking fan act in an obnoxious manner? I have. Does that make the Vikings suck? No, just the tard that acted that way. Same holds true with any team. There are tards in every size, shape, and color...all wearing different team colors. If I hated every team that had tard fans, I would have to quit watching football.

I doubt that MOST Eagles fans are tards. There are simply a very visible minority that cause problems. Who would have thought that Packer fans were mooning buses (I found that rather amusing, personally)? Does that mean that ALL Packer fans walk around flashing their butts to passing buses? Well....ok...that might be a bad analogy....living in Wisconsin I can actually believe they would...but the point remains that it only takes a small minority of doorknobs to cast the rest in a bad light.

It might be more correct to say that most Eagles fans you know are tards...but then I'd ask how many do you know?

See where I'm going with this?

So, while I don't condone or approve of the actions of the tards throwing battteries or beer bottles/cups/whatever...and would gladly pummel them mercilessly...it is because of their actions, not their affiliation. THEY are the tards, not the team they happen to cheer for.

Caine
    True that...but you gotta wonder why - if ALL teams have tards (I agree) - Philly fans are stereotyped as particularly obnoxious. I would have to think that is probably because MORE of their fans are obnoxious than the fans of the other teams. I may be wrong, but after hearing all the bad stories out of Philly (and from my own personal experiences with Philly fans), it will take a very large amount of Philly fans in the future to convince me that the majority of Philly fans are not at least somewhat boorish!
    A few years back, Philly had a contingent of tards acting out in extreme fashion. So much so, that they built a jail and a courtroom into the stadium.

Now, you could take that as proof positive of Philly Fan Extreme Tardness. I, however, take that as the Eagles being concerned over their rep so much that they took extreme measures to curtail the extremists. And, according to reports, it is working as they no longer use the jail/court room.

Oakland has LONG been known as having rough fans. Stories of beatings/stabbings abound - none of which I have confirmed (Not that I tried).

And, there are other places where stories of threats of or actual violence towards oppposing fans pop up. I'm sure if we look for them, we can even find some at the Metrodome.

However, passion for one's team does not require an absence of decency. I have relayed the story of my visit to Lambeau this past season. I ran into a couple of tards there. Does that mean ALL Packer fans are tards? Well...ok...again that's a bad analogy...they're Packer fans so of course they're tards (Except you, Los)....but they're not all violent, obnoxious tards.

And, we all know how much fair reporting we can expect from the media.

"Hmmm...we can show the majority being decent, civil, and dignified...or we can show the tards...."TARDS AT 10" it is".

I will grant you that I have not heard any battery throwing tales from anywhere else (Although the Wisconsin Badgers Student section was known for putting pennies in marshmellows and throwing them at the opposing team as they headed out of the locker room...I saw the "Rain of Marshmellows" a few times.), but how many people have thrown SOMETHING at a game? I've seen it other places...just not batteries.

So, again, I doubt that the majority are tards, or even boorish. I'll bet that the majority are simply misguided souls who need to be shown the light and "turn to the purple". And, barring that, need to be made to buy the beer to pay for our having to tolerate their existence....*sigh* if only.....

We will always have tards visit us. Some waving OUR flag. When they rear their ugly heads, they need to be stepped on and taught that we don't play that way here. The same holds true at the games. Tards of ALL affiliations should be stopped cold. The pride you feel for your team should extend to the reputation that your actions will add to for that team.

At least, that's MY take on it.

Caine

seth in 736 is offline Training Camp

We ALL hate Freddie over here (Philly) and cannot wait to see him go- and gone he IS!

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

It's not the minority of fans in Philly who are idiots, it unfortunately is the majority. I'm not speaking of the Eagles fans from othes cities, just those who live in Philly. Most of them (yes most) are low-lifes. Remember the cheers when Michael Irvin broke his neck. Those cheers weren't coming from a few people.
    I even read an article where the fans booed and threw snowballs at Santa during halftime in the late 60's. Sure it's the city of brotherly love, unless you live somewhere else.

As bad as they are, they have nothing on Raider fans, who will beat the crap out of you for vocally supporting the opposing team. Sorry to say but the stabbings and beatings are true. I've seen the video on local T.V. stations. It's nowhere near as bad as it was in the 80's but it's still not safe if your a fan of the other team.

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

i dont know what to think w/ all these long posts. :shaking: im w/ caine on this one. :thumbleft:

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

The one thing I hate about philly is that both their fans and their players are errogant and have absolutely no class. Was it the city of philadelphia's intention to have people scared to walk into their football stadium? Philly is a cool place but the eagles fans just ruin it all.

renovikesfan is offline Coordinator

"so-cal vike" wrote:
    As bad as they are, they have nothing on Raider fans, who will beat the crap out of you for vocally supporting the opposing team. Sorry to say but the stabbings and beatings are true. I've seen the video on local T.V. stations. It's nowhere near as bad as it was in the 80's but it's still not safe if your a fan of the other team.

I took my Dad down to Oakland to see his first NFL game in the '03 season...there was some smack talk, for sure. We gave as good as we got, though. Nothing was thrown, no fights, no slashed tires...and I was flying my colors, too. I do, however, think it was fortunate that the Vikes lost that game, or things might have turned out different. LOL :blackeye: [/i][/b]

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

Perhaps it was only the fans in the L.A. coliseum that were thugs. With the exception of the Vikes loss, I'm glad that you had a violence free time in Oakland. I do believe you're right though, if the Vikings had won, you might have left there in a body-bag. J/K...maybe.

JTSnow is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Does anyone else hate philly?

"vikingsalltheway" wrote:
    Their fans are so cocky? Mitchell, mcnabb and owens are super cocky. I hate them almost as much as the packers. Anyone else agree?
    i agree, Mitchell runs his mouth like a little girl and T.O. crys like a girl when his team loses.
    [img:4c22618921]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/vikingstw/Untitled-1.jpg[/img:4c22618921].

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Does anyone else hate philly?

"JTSnow" wrote:
    "vikingsalltheway" wrote:
    Their fans are so cocky? Mitchell, mcnabb and owens are super cocky. I hate them almost as much as the packers. Anyone else agree?
    i agree, Mitchell runs his mouth like a little girl and T.O. crys like a girl when his team loses.
    Mitchell is a doorknob - on that we can all agree.

TO needs one or two more "Incident Free" years before he's removed from the catagory that "Me-shawn" Johnson inhabits - "Talented but selfish". His SB performance went a LONG way to putting him back into my "Elite Reciever" group. However, that said, is there anyone who WOULDN'T want TO on OUR team? I would. Unlike Mitchell or the aforementioned Johnson, TO can flat out PLAY. He's arrogant in the same way that Moss is...but it's a sin because he's not in purple.

McNabb...Now, I don't get "Arrogant" from him at all. I get "Confident", I get "Talented", but not "Arrogant". This is the guy the Eagles fans didn't want. They booed and walked out when he was drafted. He's had to win over a hostile crowd in Philly on ability alone...and has done so. If anyone in this group deserves to be arrogant, it's mcNabb...and still I don't get that from him.

Arrogance is having or displaying a sense of overbearing self-worth or self-importance...in otherwords, it's your OWN belief that you are better, factual or not. The only one I see doing that is Mitchell.

Caine

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Well stated Caine. You're truly an asset to this site.

Confidence is fine if you can back it up. Arrogance is unacceptable regardless of talent.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast