Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Cowboys Coming To Minny

Saintsmarchon wrote:
    Bring on the Vikings....

Your coming to our house
    Another nice insightful post. This site welcomes in fans from other teams but at least show some real insight.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

TARKenton wrote:
    Saintsmarchon wrote:
    Bring on the Vikings....

Your coming to our house
    yep, which happens to be a dome. a type of building that the Vikes didn't lose in this year. The same type of building the Saints lost twice in. Once to a team the Vikes just took behind the wood shed.
    we lost in arizona, not sure if you classify that as a dome or not.

TARKenton is offline Asst. Coach

it has a retractable roof, as well as a natural grass field. not a dome in my book.
    ...Rodgers had to hold on the ball longer, giving players like Jared "I am completely insane and will literally eat your children" Allen time to sack Rodgers again.And again. And again. Actually I think Rodgers may have nightmares about Jared Allen the rest of the year.

ejmat wrote:
    Saintsmarchon wrote:
    Bring on the Vikings....

Your coming to our house
    Another nice insightful post. This site welcomes in fans from other teams but at least show some real insight.
    "WE MUST DEFEND THIS HOUSE!!!!!!!!" Laugh every time I hear that....
    Tuco the world.....

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

skinsscalper wrote:
    Hello all,

New to the forum. Cowboys fan, here. Not into trolling just came to check it out after it was mentioned in our forum (cowboyszone.com).

I've read the entire thread and liked some of what I have seen. There's a lot of posters in here with a level head. Some that are a little too confident. Others that are cautiously optimistic. Yep, pretty much like every other board I've ever been on. :laugh:

As far as the game is concerned: both teams are in for a fight. Anyone who thinks otherwise is either a blind homer or an idiot (I've seen both types in this thread).

The one reason I think Dallas has the upper hand is that they are have been playing the best football in the entire NFL the past few weeks. They are executing in absolutely every phase of the game. While the Vikes just barely ended an embarrassing skid against a Giants team that was manhandled the week before in their own house by the Carolina Panthers. It's true the Giants seem to have have the Cowboys number for some reason. It's just how our division is. The Giants seem to own the Cowboys, the Eagles seem to own the Giants, the Cowboys own the Eagles, and everyone owns the Skins. :laugh:

The one thing that the Vikes have that worries me is Jared Allen. It's hard to not like a guy like Allen. Great motor and he brings it on every play. Defensively, the other thing that worries me about the Vikings is...........absolutely nothing. I'm not saying that to be a troll. It's an honest assessment. I LOVE Winfield and I was so pissed that Jerry Jones didn't make a play for him when he was a FA. But, the fact of the matter is, he's been absolute toast since returning from his injury. Now, you may dismiss my claim and say "what would you know about the Vikings? You're a freakin Cowboys fan". Which would be true. However, I'm a Cowboys fan with NFL Sunday Ticket and a wife who bleeds Purple and Gold. Her Blair, Tarkenton, and Rashad autographs are some of her most prized possessions. She used to go watch the Vikes every weekend with her dad when they played at the Met Center. For you newbs and bandwagoners, that would be your prized Mall of America, now. With that being said, I have seen EVERY Minnesota Vikings game this year. And, honestly I don't think they match up well with the Cowboys (especially your offense against our defense). The Cowboys have allowed a grand total of 31 points in their last 4 games combined. Three of those games have been against two of the highest scoring teams in the league (Philly and New Orleans. They also held a San Diego team that had been averaging 28 pts a game to 20). In the mean time, the offense has racked up 72 points. Don't look at the Cowboys and think that because you beat the Giants and the Giants beat the Cowboys that this will be an easy game for the Vikings. This is a completely different Cowboys team than the one that lost in week 3 to the Giants and lost to them on the road in week 13.

There are a couple of things in your favor, however. The first being that your are at home. The Metrodome can be a LOUD place. No doubt about it. Our O-line has a tendency to have pre-snap procedural penalties at the most inopportune times. If the Cowboys come in undisciplined in that regard it could get ugly. However, the Superdome can be equally as loud (if not louder) than the Metrodome. The Cowboys went in there and absolutely manhandled and offense that, to that point, NO ONE had been able to stop. The Cowboys created the blueprint for beating the Saints and every team since then has copied it and been successful with it. The Saints haven't won a game since. Noise COULD be a problem if the Cowboys allow it to be. The Cowboys have, though, proven that they can neutralize the home filed advanage of crowd noise. If Vikings fans are counting on the noise as the X factor they are sadly mistaken.

As far as the Romo and Favre comparisons, they are valid. Favre is the wiley veteran and Romo is the "choker". However, as long as we are talking about chokers, Favre is surpassed only by McNabb in the playoff choke column. I know it's easy to like Favre and the success he has brought to the Vikings. But to ignore the fact that he has as much (if not more) of a tendency to actually throw the game away in the playoffs as he does to throw the game winning pass would be foolish. The only time Romo has ever REALLY choked in the playoffs was the snap bobble against Seattle. The loss to the Giants was a hell of a lot more the porous defense and horrible O-line play. If not for Romo, the Cowboys would have never even been IN that game. To be fair, Romo has had a tendency to do too much and he has had a history of making some "WTF" throws that lead to interceptions. Over the past few he's made very few of those decisions. In fact, the last two INTs that Romo has been credited for were on the WRs, not Romo.

Before I go I gotta give some props top a couple of players on your team that I absolutely love. Harvin. Wow! what an awesome weapon to have. To think this kid is only a rookie is scary. Rice. Fantastic turnaround for this guy. Favre has made all the difference in the world when it comes to this kid's confidence. I've been watching Rice since he came into the league and he is a TOTALLY different WR than he has been for you guys. Allen. Nuff said. The dude's a beast. hard not to root for him (as long as he's not playing against your team). Shianco. Quickly becoming the TE threat that a West Cost offense needs. Last and certainly not least.....Jimmy Kleinsasser. I've always like that guy. He's always reminded me of Darrell "Moose" Johnston (even though they play different positions). He just packs his lunch pail and does a solid job every time he's on the field.

Well, here's to a good game and no injuries for either team. Good Luck (but not too much good luck).
    Where are you FORESKIN? Come take your beatin' like a woman, all your talk needs to be thrown in your face!!! ASSMUNCH!! :woohoo:

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Fuck the pies, their pathetic franchise and their ignorant fans.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

SharperImage42 is offline Asst. Coach

Is there a tailgate thread set up yet? I'm flying from Los Angeles to Minnesota to see my Vikes destroy the Cow"bitches".

SharperImage42

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

SharperImage42 wrote:
    Is there a tailgate thread set up yet? I'm flying from Los Angeles to Minnesota to see my Vikes destroy the Cow"bitches".
    No, not yet. We'll get one going next week.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637