Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 368
  1. #101
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re:Cowboys Coming To Minny

    Cowboys Win Their Last Playoff Game for 57 Years
    11 Jan. 2010
    sportsp.com



    The Dallas Cowboys made history on Saturday night with a decisive 34-14 win over the Philadelphia Eagles, the franchise's first playoff victory in 13 years. But it turns out it will also be the team's last for 57 more years.

    "That is disappointing to hear," said quarterback Tony Romo. "But I'm still going to try to enjoy this win because playoff victories are hard to come by. As this news illustrates."

    After a narrow, heartbreaking loss this coming weekend in the divisional round of the playoffs, the Cowboys will embark on a string of postseason failures that will dwarf their most recent run, and establish a record for major professional sports.

    Next year the team will be the No. 1 overall seed in the NFC playoffs, but suffer an upset loss at home in the divisional round. 2011 will see the team squeak into the playoffs as a wildcard team and go down to defeat in the first round. That will lead to a massive overhaul of the team by owner Jerry Jones highlighted by foolish and panicked free agent signings and draft picks.

    By 2017, Jones will convince Brett Favre to come out of retirement and the aging gunslinger will lead the Cowboys back to the playoffs, only to lose in the first round again. This will be the last the team sees of the postseason again for decades. Losses will pile up. Each free agent signing will be more foolish than the last. Jones will start a woman at quarterback for much of the 2030s...
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  2. #102
    DanteEXT is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    27

    Re:Cowboys Coming To Minny

    ejmat wrote:
    DanteEXT wrote:
    Another Cowboys fan here.

    Looking forward to this game.

    Seems like some posters think this may be an easy game here, I disagree. I think it will be a close game. I honestly don't know if Dallas WILL win, but I think they can. But it will not be easy at all.

    IMO, Favre as been the key to your season. I don't think Jackson or Sage "here you go colts, I'm gonna hand you the game" rosenfels would have gotten you to this point (bye, home game).

    I'm not gonna talk trash, it's not my style. If you want that, you can check out some Cowboys forums... plenty of fans that like doing that (personally, I spend my time at cowboyszone.com but there are others).

    I hope for a good game next week, and competitive. I spent last nights game with an eagles friend of mine. The second half was more sad than fun for the guy, so I just couldn't bring myself to mess with him.
    Welcome to the site and I like your style. Like I stated before, I don't mind talking football with anyone. Everyone is welcome here as Ultra said. But if people are going to bash the website than go back to their own site and bash their own people.

    It will be a good game. Either team is capable of winning. IMO they are the best two teams in the NFC.
    Thanks for the welcome, and to the other poster who called me classy. That may be a first. :P

    I'm getting pretty excited for this game. But I am not getting excited for what will be the two big story lines heading into it: 1 - Favre being Romo's hero growing line and the 2 - Favre career record against the Cowboys.

    Neither of those two things will matter in the big scheme of things.

    Like others said, whichever defense gets to the qb consistently, that team is probably going to win. That being said both these QB's do an amazing job, even in the face of pressure, getting out of it and making something happen. So it should be entertaining.

    I'm going with the Cowboys to win, but you probably guessed that.
    None

  3. #103
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re:Cowboys Coming To Minny

    I think we should start a fund to get a ticket for Jessica Simpson. Put her in the suite directly across from the Cowboy's bench.

    Or maybe everyone could hand out Jessica Simpson masks like they did back in 2007...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  4. #104
    skinsscalper is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    18

    Re:Cowboys Coming To Minny

    Hello all,

    New to the forum. Cowboys fan, here. Not into trolling just came to check it out after it was mentioned in our forum (cowboyszone.com).

    I've read the entire thread and liked some of what I have seen. There's a lot of posters in here with a level head. Some that are a little too confident. Others that are cautiously optimistic. Yep, pretty much like every other board I've ever been on. :laugh:

    As far as the game is concerned: both teams are in for a fight. Anyone who thinks otherwise is either a blind homer or an idiot (I've seen both types in this thread).

    The one reason I think Dallas has the upper hand is that they are have been playing the best football in the entire NFL the past few weeks. They are executing in absolutely every phase of the game. While the Vikes just barely ended an embarrassing skid against a Giants team that was manhandled the week before in their own house by the Carolina Panthers. It's true the Giants seem to have have the Cowboys number for some reason. It's just how our division is. The Giants seem to own the Cowboys, the Eagles seem to own the Giants, the Cowboys own the Eagles, and everyone owns the Skins. :laugh:

    The one thing that the Vikes have that worries me is Jared Allen. It's hard to not like a guy like Allen. Great motor and he brings it on every play. Defensively, the other thing that worries me about the Vikings is...........absolutely nothing. I'm not saying that to be a troll. It's an honest assessment. I LOVE Winfield and I was so pissed that Jerry Jones didn't make a play for him when he was a FA. But, the fact of the matter is, he's been absolute toast since returning from his injury. Now, you may dismiss my claim and say "what would you know about the Vikings? You're a freakin Cowboys fan". Which would be true. However, I'm a Cowboys fan with NFL Sunday Ticket and a wife who bleeds Purple and Gold. Her Blair, Tarkenton, and Rashad autographs are some of her most prized possessions. She used to go watch the Vikes every weekend with her dad when they played at the Met Center. For you newbs and bandwagoners, that would be your prized Mall of America, now. With that being said, I have seen EVERY Minnesota Vikings game this year. And, honestly I don't think they match up well with the Cowboys (especially your offense against our defense). The Cowboys have allowed a grand total of 31 points in their last 4 games combined. Three of those games have been against two of the highest scoring teams in the league (Philly and New Orleans. They also held a San Diego team that had been averaging 28 pts a game to 20). In the mean time, the offense has racked up 72 points. Don't look at the Cowboys and think that because you beat the Giants and the Giants beat the Cowboys that this will be an easy game for the Vikings. This is a completely different Cowboys team than the one that lost in week 3 to the Giants and lost to them on the road in week 13.

    There are a couple of things in your favor, however. The first being that your are at home. The Metrodome can be a LOUD place. No doubt about it. Our O-line has a tendency to have pre-snap procedural penalties at the most inopportune times. If the Cowboys come in undisciplined in that regard it could get ugly. However, the Superdome can be equally as loud (if not louder) than the Metrodome. The Cowboys went in there and absolutely manhandled and offense that, to that point, NO ONE had been able to stop. The Cowboys created the blueprint for beating the Saints and every team since then has copied it and been successful with it. The Saints haven't won a game since. Noise COULD be a problem if the Cowboys allow it to be. The Cowboys have, though, proven that they can neutralize the home filed advanage of crowd noise. If Vikings fans are counting on the noise as the X factor they are sadly mistaken.

    As far as the Romo and Favre comparisons, they are valid. Favre is the wiley veteran and Romo is the "choker". However, as long as we are talking about chokers, Favre is surpassed only by McNabb in the playoff choke column. I know it's easy to like Favre and the success he has brought to the Vikings. But to ignore the fact that he has as much (if not more) of a tendency to actually throw the game away in the playoffs as he does to throw the game winning pass would be foolish. The only time Romo has ever REALLY choked in the playoffs was the snap bobble against Seattle. The loss to the Giants was a hell of a lot more the porous defense and horrible O-line play. If not for Romo, the Cowboys would have never even been IN that game. To be fair, Romo has had a tendency to do too much and he has had a history of making some "WTF" throws that lead to interceptions. Over the past few he's made very few of those decisions. In fact, the last two INTs that Romo has been credited for were on the WRs, not Romo.

    Before I go I gotta give some props top a couple of players on your team that I absolutely love. Harvin. Wow! what an awesome weapon to have. To think this kid is only a rookie is scary. Rice. Fantastic turnaround for this guy. Favre has made all the difference in the world when it comes to this kid's confidence. I've been watching Rice since he came into the league and he is a TOTALLY different WR than he has been for you guys. Allen. Nuff said. The dude's a beast. hard not to root for him (as long as he's not playing against your team). Shianco. Quickly becoming the TE threat that a West Cost offense needs. Last and certainly not least.....Jimmy Kleinsasser. I've always like that guy. He's always reminded me of Darrell "Moose" Johnston (even though they play different positions). He just packs his lunch pail and does a solid job every time he's on the field.

    Well, here's to a good game and no injuries for either team. Good Luck (but not too much good luck).
    None

  5. #105
    VikingLance's Avatar
    VikingLance is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Rice, MN
    Posts
    268

    Re:Cowboys Coming To Minny

    Using yesterday's games as ammo, you can throw the streaks, who's hot, who's not out the window. It truly was an example of "any given Sunday". Each team should have been equally prepared. It was the team that came out pumped, and got the momentum on their side early. Sometimes it's luck. Sometimes they make their own luck. The teams mentally stayed in the game. While I can't stand the puckers, that was one hellava game. Both teams never stopped trying. It's why we love football.

    I agree that the cowgirls have momentum on their side at the moment. But it is a new game once the ball is kicked off. I think the winner of this game will be in the Super Bowl. I do think it will be close.

    I trust my Vikings to come out on top at the end of it. Not because of match-ups, stats, or what the "experts" predict. Just because I have seen them play at their best, and believe that they will continue to do so.

    SKOL VIKINGS

  6. #106
    tarkenton10's Avatar
    tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,200

    Re:Cowboys Coming To Minny

    BadlandsVikings wrote:
    Vikings 31
    Cowgirls 30 ot
    I am sorry to tell yout his but that is an impossibility! If they were in over time the score would have to be 30 - 30 and the lowest points scored in football is a safety worth two points. So the score in OT would have to be 32 - 30! :woohoo:

    There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

  7. #107
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re:Cowboys Coming To Minny

    tarkenton10 wrote:
    BadlandsVikings wrote:
    Vikings 31
    Cowgirls 30 ot
    I am sorry to tell yout his but that is an impossibility! If they were in over time the score would have to be 30 - 30 and the lowest points scored in football is a safety worth two points. So the score in OT would have to be 32 - 30! :woohoo:
    lol

  8. #108
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re:Cowboys Coming To Minny

    For those too young to remember and a refresher for those that remember it like yesterday.

    In On A Wing And A Prayer
    Sports Illustrated
    January 05, 1976
    Dan Jenkins
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  9. #109
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,869

    Re:Cowboys Coming To Minny

    skinsscalper wrote:
    Hello all,

    New to the forum. Cowboys fan, here. Not into trolling just came to check it out after it was mentioned in our forum (cowboyszone.com).

    I've read the entire thread and liked some of what I have seen. There's a lot of posters in here with a level head. Some that are a little too confident. Others that are cautiously optimistic. Yep, pretty much like every other board I've ever been on. :laugh:

    As far as the game is concerned: both teams are in for a fight. Anyone who thinks otherwise is either a blind homer or an idiot (I've seen both types in this thread).

    The one reason I think Dallas has the upper hand is that they are have been playing the best football in the entire NFL the past few weeks. They are executing in absolutely every phase of the game. While the Vikes just barely ended an embarrassing skid against a Giants team that was manhandled the week before in their own house by the Carolina Panthers. It's true the Giants seem to have have the Cowboys number for some reason. It's just how our division is. The Giants seem to own the Cowboys, the Eagles seem to own the Giants, the Cowboys own the Eagles, and everyone owns the Skins. :laugh:

    The one thing that the Vikes have that worries me is Jared Allen. It's hard to not like a guy like Allen. Great motor and he brings it on every play. Defensively, the other thing that worries me about the Vikings is...........absolutely nothing. I'm not saying that to be a troll. It's an honest assessment. I LOVE Winfield and I was so pissed that Jerry Jones didn't make a play for him when he was a FA. But, the fact of the matter is, he's been absolute toast since returning from his injury. Now, you may dismiss my claim and say "what would you know about the Vikings? You're a freakin Cowboys fan". Which would be true. However, I'm a Cowboys fan with NFL Sunday Ticket and a wife who bleeds Purple and Gold. Her Blair, Tarkenton, and Rashad autographs are some of her most prized possessions. She used to go watch the Vikes every weekend with her dad when they played at the Met Center. For you newbs and bandwagoners, that would be your prized Mall of America, now. With that being said, I have seen EVERY Minnesota Vikings game this year. And, honestly I don't think they match up well with the Cowboys (especially your offense against our defense). The Cowboys have allowed a grand total of 31 points in their last 4 games combined. Three of those games have been against two of the highest scoring teams in the league (Philly and New Orleans. They also held a San Diego team that had been averaging 28 pts a game to 20). In the mean time, the offense has racked up 72 points. Don't look at the Cowboys and think that because you beat the Giants and the Giants beat the Cowboys that this will be an easy game for the Vikings. This is a completely different Cowboys team than the one that lost in week 3 to the Giants and lost to them on the road in week 13.

    There are a couple of things in your favor, however. The first being that your are at home. The Metrodome can be a LOUD place. No doubt about it. Our O-line has a tendency to have pre-snap procedural penalties at the most inopportune times. If the Cowboys come in undisciplined in that regard it could get ugly. However, the Superdome can be equally as loud (if not louder) than the Metrodome. The Cowboys went in there and absolutely manhandled and offense that, to that point, NO ONE had been able to stop. The Cowboys created the blueprint for beating the Saints and every team since then has copied it and been successful with it. The Saints haven't won a game since. Noise COULD be a problem if the Cowboys allow it to be. The Cowboys have, though, proven that they can neutralize the home filed advanage of crowd noise. If Vikings fans are counting on the noise as the X factor they are sadly mistaken.

    As far as the Romo and Favre comparisons, they are valid. Favre is the wiley veteran and Romo is the "choker". However, as long as we are talking about chokers, Favre is surpassed only by McNabb in the playoff choke column. I know it's easy to like Favre and the success he has brought to the Vikings. But to ignore the fact that he has as much (if not more) of a tendency to actually throw the game away in the playoffs as he does to throw the game winning pass would be foolish. The only time Romo has ever REALLY choked in the playoffs was the snap bobble against Seattle. The loss to the Giants was a hell of a lot more the porous defense and horrible O-line play. If not for Romo, the Cowboys would have never even been IN that game. To be fair, Romo has had a tendency to do too much and he has had a history of making some "WTF" throws that lead to interceptions. Over the past few he's made very few of those decisions. In fact, the last two INTs that Romo has been credited for were on the WRs, not Romo.

    Before I go I gotta give some props top a couple of players on your team that I absolutely love. Harvin. Wow! what an awesome weapon to have. To think this kid is only a rookie is scary. Rice. Fantastic turnaround for this guy. Favre has made all the difference in the world when it comes to this kid's confidence. I've been watching Rice since he came into the league and he is a TOTALLY different WR than he has been for you guys. Allen. Nuff said. The dude's a beast. hard not to root for him (as long as he's not playing against your team). Shianco. Quickly becoming the TE threat that a West Cost offense needs. Last and certainly not least.....Jimmy Kleinsasser. I've always like that guy. He's always reminded me of Darrell "Moose" Johnston (even though they play different positions). He just packs his lunch pail and does a solid job every time he's on the field.

    Well, here's to a good game and no injuries for either team. Good Luck (but not too much good luck).
    Dallas has been on a nice streak as of late. The team seems to be at an all time confidence level (including their fan base). Media hack after media hack is annointing the Cowboys as the team to beat in the NFC.

    This will bode well for us. An overconfident Cowboys team that will get shell shocked when they start getting manhandled against a very talented Vikings team with a chip on their shoulder for respect.

    The dome is a magical place for this team and very much doubt they will let us down next Sunday. Peterson is getting way too overlooked, I'm sure you're familiar with this guy being from Dallas. He will show your boys what men can do with a football in his hands (hopefully he keeps it in his hands). Favre is more than a wiley old vet, he is a wiley old vet with a great arm that will not be overcome by the situation. Throw away your images of his multi interception playoff performances, the purple uni has transformed him (33 TD's 7 INT's).

    We have had our late season issues no doubt, I'm glad we got them out of the way. I'm very happy with this matchup, one of my favorite teams to see lose. I've been in Texas for 18 years now and never get tired of seeing the Cowboys lose (although I did join in on the SB partying on Greenville...hey I like a good party as much as the next guy). This year the partying will be for the Vikings.

  10. #110
    Holmstrom is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    124

    Re:Cowboys Coming To Minny

    Hey DEFENSE!!!!!! Can we get an INTERCEPTION this week!?!?!?!?!?

    I want to know why Baltimore can be so damn physical in the secondary EVERY YEAR and get turnovers (and defensive TD's alot) like its nothing.

    They have some new guys step in every once in a while, but they always look like the exact same team. Punishing hitters and ball-hawks.

    So obviouslyy a new guy can step in and learn to play their style of D (the same style they've been playing for a decade). Why can't somebody turn our secondary into that????

    I wanna see somebody get knocked the F#*% out for trying to catch a ball on OUR HOME FIELD.....

    GET MEAN G@& D@#^ IT!!!!!!!!!!
    None

Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Thinking about Coming out to Minny for a Game
    By 12purplepride28 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-17-2010, 11:24 AM
  2. MOVED: Cowboys Coming To Minny
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-12-2010, 03:57 PM
  3. The Germans are coming...TheGermans are coming...
    By NordicNed in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-03-2006, 12:26 PM
  4. Coming to Minny!!!
    By Vikingryche in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-03-2005, 05:43 AM
  5. For those of you in Minny!
    By VKG4LFE in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-28-2004, 07:30 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •